Ticketing query

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Ticketing query

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Sep 2006 13:59

From the OS

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 06,00.html

Assuming me and my family all have cards, what happens if I should require an extra ticket for a one-off match. For example I might want a ticket for a kid for a quid match. Will it be possible to book online if the extra child has not got a card?

Yes, every ticket purchased online must have a valid card number per seat, ie two seats, two customer numbers. If you have already purchased on a customer number you will be able to buy another ticket on the same customer number for that game which will be a paper ticket. We recommend that you introduce the new fan to becoming a Member Card holder as this can be used to book future games no matter how infrequently they come along.

Now stop me if I'm wrong but technically doesn't this mean a Season Ticket holder could buy a paper ticket for a mate, say for Liverpool at home, and thus obviate the need for that mate to hang around and see if any tickets made it onto general sale?

Anyone ever tried it?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Ticketing query

by southbank1871 » 07 Sep 2006 14:02

Barry the bird boggler From the OS

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 06,00.html

Assuming me and my family all have cards, what happens if I should require an extra ticket for a one-off match. For example I might want a ticket for a kid for a quid match. Will it be possible to book online if the extra child has not got a card?

Yes, every ticket purchased online must have a valid card number per seat, ie two seats, two customer numbers. If you have already purchased on a customer number you will be able to buy another ticket on the same customer number for that game which will be a paper ticket. We recommend that you introduce the new fan to becoming a Member Card holder as this can be used to book future games no matter how infrequently they come along.

Now stop me if I'm wrong but technically doesn't this mean a Season Ticket holder could buy a paper ticket for a mate, say for Liverpool at home, and thus obviate the need for that mate to hang around and see if any tickets made it onto general sale?

Anyone ever tried it?

They would still need the required number of Royalty points to make the purchase though.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 07 Sep 2006 14:03

Good question, well presented. Have tried it myself, and got rebuffed!! Never knew about this little gem though :shock:

As for Royalty Points, they've already bought one ticket with the points. It doesn't state that they 2nd person requires points as they don't have a member card do they?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Sep 2006 14:18

Tried to do it online for Man Utd and was rebuffed as unable to purchase more than one against my member card. I presume this would change if I bought it if they were on General Sale

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 07 Sep 2006 22:47

Huntley & Palmer Tried to do it online for Man Utd and was rebuffed as unable to purchase more than one against my member card. I presume this would change if I bought it if they were on General Sale

Correct. A member card or season ticket can be used to purchase additional seats which will be issued as paper tickets but the additional seats can only be purchased when the match is on general sale with no royalty points requirement.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1