Sheffield Away? How many have we sold up to date?

Will we sell out sheffield Away

yes
20%
no
80%

Total votes: 44
Legend

by Legend » 09 Sep 2006 23:12

The_Cat I don't earn money, but I shall be attending Sheffield United away.

How do you afford these games then ?

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 09 Sep 2006 23:13

Legend
The_Cat I don't earn money, but I shall be attending Sheffield United away.

How do you afford these games then ?
My mum's paying for it for my birthday.

working class hero

by working class hero » 10 Sep 2006 00:10

The past few seasons I have been a regular and passionate away fan.

This season I will only attend a few aways - it is not down tyo lack of will or being a plastic. Just lack of cash.... FWIW I believe that some away fans this season are converts. Good for them - but many of the CCC regulars are being priced out. Tough shit for us, but we don't need to be slagged by kids who are being subbed by parents...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Sep 2006 00:14

working class hero but we don't need to be slagged by kids who are being subbed by parents...

I hope that line wasn't at me, as it would be factually wrong.

Money is obviously an issue for some people, that I fully accept.

My complaints are, we got 23,800 against boro. Take the boro fans out thats about 21,500 or so. There were 1,300 or so at wigan, where are the masses?
The west stand is full of posh oxf*rd and hold about 8,000 how many went to wigan? We are a rich club with rich fans, money is hardly an issue for most, and is only an excuse for some. Its simply being plastic and having to make any sort of effort to follow the team that is out of some peoples reach.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Sep 2006 09:50

These would be the same people who didn't make it to most away games last season when we were selling out home games?

What's the problem, if people want to go and can afford to they will, if they don't then so what. You seem to think yourself a better fan because you follow the team away and the people who don't are plastic. Well it may make you feel better, but frankly nobody else cares.

Our support will grow this season, but only because people want to go to to the new grounds, not because they'll be embarrassed to be called pathetic by people like you if they don't got to Wigan, Watford and Sheffield.

p.s Got my tickets, in oxf*rd row C :evil: , let's hope I get on MOTD.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 10 Sep 2006 10:10

FiNeRaIn The one's with genuine reasons then fair play, ill accept that.

You telling me all 20,000 from boro had genuine reasons not to go? Dream on :lol:

I am out of work at the moment and have not been to Villa or Wigan this year and it hurts like crazy.........

I have worn my carpet out and upset the neighbours no end whilst tuned in to BBC Berks.

It's not right I should be there I kept telling myself..... :cry:

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 10 Sep 2006 10:45

FiNeRaIn
working class hero but we don't need to be slagged by kids who are being subbed by parents...

My complaints are, we got 23,800 against boro. Take the boro fans out thats about 21,500 or so. There were 1,300 or so at wigan, where are the masses?
The west stand is full of posh oxf*rd and hold about 8,000 how many went to wigan? We are a rich club with rich fans, money is hardly an issue for most, and is only an excuse for some. Its simply being plastic and having to make any sort of effort to follow the team that is out of some peoples reach.

Talking of factually wrong - the west stand is not full of posh, it is full of a cross section of fans with probably less young single men (who are probably actually the ones with the most disposable income and so in actual terms the ones most likely to be able to afford away games).

There are other ways of not being able to afford a game too rather than money - from my point of view it is the time I cannot afford. In addtion I had a good excuse, or rather reason, in that I was at a family wedding - and yes it was more important than a foorball match as I have other priorities in my life.

Add to that 2 away games in a few days and which would you choose - Wigan who we have visited several times in the past decade, or Villa who we have had just one cup match. The same could be said of Sheff Utd, but the rivalry and the fact we haven't had another away game just before it means we may take a decent crowd.

But why don't you lay off those who don't come and enjoy yourself so much that you make them jealous, it would be more productive in the long run.

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 10 Sep 2006 11:18

westendgirl
FiNeRaIn

Talking of factually wrong - the west stand is not full of posh, it is full of a cross section of fans with probably less young single men (who are probably actually the ones with the most disposable income and so in actual terms the ones most likely to be able to afford away games).

There are other ways of not being able to afford a game too rather than money - from my point of view it is the time I cannot afford. In addtion I had a good excuse, or rather reason, in that I was at a family wedding - and yes it was more important than a foorball match as I have other priorities in my life.

Add to that 2 away games in a few days and which would you choose - Wigan who we have visited several times in the past decade, or Villa who we have had just one cup match. The same could be said of Sheff Utd, but the rivalry and the fact we haven't had another away game just before it means we may take a decent crowd.

But why don't you lay off those who don't come and enjoy yourself so much that you make them jealous, it would be more productive in the long run.

Snob.

:wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Sep 2006 11:20

CPB - get a job as a steward - then all your problems are solved! :wink:

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 10 Sep 2006 11:23

Royal Lady CPB - get a job as a steward - then all your problems are solved! :wink:

I failed the Steward Test.

The feedback was as follows :

1 Able to think for yourself
2 Too friendly and polite
3 Unrobotic enough
4 Too customer focussed

Maybe I should take the Unigate milkman test next...........

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Sep 2006 11:27

Chicken Balti Pie I have worn my carpet out and upset the neighbours no end

:shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Sep 2006 11:28

floyd__streete

CBP is a rug muncher. HTH. :wink:

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 10 Sep 2006 11:30

Royal Lady
floyd__streete

CBP is a rug muncher. HTH. :wink:

Did I really write that ?

True though

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Sep 2006 11:33

FiNeRaIn You telling me all 20,000 from boro had genuine reasons not to go? Dream on :lol:

Maybe their genuine reason for not going is that they don't want to go? RFC doesn't dominate each waking thought of every one of our 18,000 season ticket holders you know, mate. Several members of my family are RFC supporters (STH's) who are there every other week at the Madj season-in season-out but they choose not to attend away games - people do have lives to lead outside of watching their football team, you know!

That said, I obviously don't, as I shall inevitably be at Brammall Lane :wink: 8)

Chicken Balti Pie

by Chicken Balti Pie » 10 Sep 2006 11:36

floyd__streete
FiNeRaIn You telling me all 20,000 from boro had genuine reasons not to go? Dream on :lol:

Maybe their genuine reason for not going is that they don't want to go? RFC doesn't dominate each waking thought of every one of our 18,000 season ticket holders you know, mate. Several members of my family are RFC supporters (STH's) who are there every other week at the Madj season-in season-out but they choose not to attend away games - people do have lives to lead outside of watching their football team, you know!

That said, I obviously don't, as I shall inevitably be at Brammall Lane :wink: 8)

And you were RFC sad (sorry mad) at an early age Floyd as one of my Heaven 11 fanzines will show.

I mean who actually writes a letter to the Fanzine eh Floyd ?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Sep 2006 11:39

Chicken Balti Pie
floyd__streete

And you were RFC sad (sorry mad) at an early age Floyd as one of my Heaven 11 fanzines will show.

I mean who actually writes a letter to the Fanzine eh Floyd ?
:lol: What did it say??

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Sep 2006 11:43

I remember that - wrote in to say that Reading fans should get off Lee Nogan's back. That day he got a hatrick and the rest was history 8) .

floyd__streete knows his onions http://www.floydstreete.blogspot.com

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Sep 2006 11:45

You should work for The Sun. (the paper not the pub) Your headlines are just what they're looking for!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Sep 2006 11:49

ROYAL LADY ATE MY HAMSTER

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Sep 2006 11:50

I'll be there on the train, looking for more good news at 3 Point Lane. 8)