No royalty points for fans who dont go!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Tickets

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 Sep 2006 08:09

starliaison
Oddesy2k I have brought a ticket and accepted my royalty points with open arms. Im also gonna be there cheering on the lads in my seat. What gets me is why pay money for a ticket if you're not going to go?

I must admit when we brought this subject up at the senior management meeting they told us that the 'no-shows' for the Feyenoord game was in line with normal games and so they do not think that it is something many people do just to get the points. They will, however, check how many buy the ticket but not use it for the Darlington game. Their point of view is that there are more people who are prevented from going to the league games through no fault of their own than those 'playing' the Royalty points for the cup/friendlies and so a change in policy may do more harm to their loyal supporters than good.

Going by that, the club obviously take a look at no shows after every game (which isn't that surprising) so will they be reviewing their policy in the event of us selling say 12,000 tickets when we have a crowd of 7,000 tomorrow night? Or will the club just bury its head in the sand as per usual :roll:

royal_ali

by royal_ali » 19 Sep 2006 07:45

I dont see why these people buy tickets for games and dont go if your loyal then you`ll pay and cheer on the team if not you shouldnt be there. Adding points at the gate is the way to go

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 19 Sep 2006 10:29

royal_ali I dont see why these people buy tickets for games and dont go if your loyal then you`ll pay and cheer on the team if not you shouldnt be there. <snip>

So you've never missed a game coz you have been ill?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2006 12:49

royal_ali I dont see why these people buy tickets for games and dont go if your loyal then you`ll pay and cheer on the team if not you shouldnt be there. Adding points at the gate is the way to go
Loyalty v's commitments, Easy to juggle when your young and commitments are low, you only have to think about finding enough cash for a ticket.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Sep 2006 12:52

Forbury Lion
royal_ali I dont see why these people buy tickets for games and dont go if your loyal then you`ll pay and cheer on the team if not you shouldnt be there. Adding points at the gate is the way to go
Loyalty v's commitments, Easy to juggle when your young and commitments are low, you only have to think about finding enough cash for a ticket.

Ok I'll give you two scenarios.

1) The present scenario. 20pts for a ticket whether you turn up or not. Let's say, 9000 people buy a ticket but only 8,500 go.

2) An alternative scenario. 20pts only once you've entered the ground. 8,500 buy a ticket, 8,500 go. The other 500 don't bother as they won't get the points.

Which is better?

anR

by anR » 19 Sep 2006 17:04

Maguire
Forbury Lion

1) The present scenario. 20pts for a ticket whether you turn up or not. Let's say, 9000 people buy a ticket but only 8,500 go.

2) An alternative scenario. 20pts only once you've entered the ground. 8,500 buy a ticket, 8,500 go. The other 500 don't bother as they won't get the points.

Which is better?

£8x500=£4000.

So your argument is £4000 for the club or nothing for the club?

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 19 Sep 2006 18:01

I have bought mine n the little uns a ticket. Not going though. Simply cant afford the time off work and the travel costs, but will take the points (40 points , £9 spent) makes economic sense, and now puts me into the second bracket priority for Pompey tickets.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Sep 2006 18:11

anR
Maguire
Forbury Lion

Which is better?

£8x500=£4000.

So your argument is £4000 for the club or nothing for the club?

I'm coming out strongly in favour of money for the club.

royal_ali

by royal_ali » 21 Sep 2006 14:05

Forbury Lion

I dont i work like most people the only thing I get from it is football and i worked damn hard to bethere every week and make sure I get the time off