Told to sit down in Y25

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Told to sit down in Y25

by bobby1413 » 12 Sep 2006 09:33

During the city match yesterday I kept standing up and chanting with everyone else. But sometime in the second half some guy behind me puts his hand on my shoulder and says, would you mind sitting down as my friend is quite small and can't see.

Bit annoying as the match was really a great atmosphere, everyone was standing up in periods and I get into the game more if I stand whilst singing, rather than just sitting there.

Anyone else had any trouble like this before from other fans?

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Told to sit down in Y25

by Slinky » 12 Sep 2006 09:34

bobby1413 During the city match yesterday I kept standing up and chanting with everyone else. But sometime in the second half some guy behind me puts his hand on my shoulder and says, would you mind sitting down as my friend is quite small and can't see.

Bit annoying as the match was really a great atmosphere, everyone was standing up in periods and I get into the game more if I stand whilst singing, rather than just sitting there.

To be fair it works both ways if you had Maguire in front of you and he constantly stood up you wouldn't see a thing which would be pretty annoying!

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 12 Sep 2006 09:35

Yeah this guy in front of me kept standing up last night and my mate Sammy Igoe could not see.

I had to put my hand on his shoulder and tell the ignorant tw*t to sit down.

:wink:
Last edited by Chicken Balti Pie on 12 Sep 2006 09:37, edited 1 time in total.

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 12 Sep 2006 09:36

bobby1413 During the city match yesterday I kept standing up and chanting with everyone else. But sometime in the second half some guy behind me puts his hand on my shoulder and says, would you mind sitting down as my friend is quite small and can't see.

dwarfist !

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 12 Sep 2006 09:41

Slinky

To be fair it works both ways if you had Maguire in front of you and he constantly stood up you wouldn't see a thing which would be pretty annoying!

If you had Maguire in front of you sat down you'd still not see much! :wink:

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 12 Sep 2006 09:42

Dangerous
Slinky

If you had Maguire in front of you sat down you'd still not see much! :wink:

:D

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Sep 2006 09:46

I'm 5' 6" so not a giant. Also I never stand up persistantly, but stand up when singing or it looks like we might score.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Sep 2006 09:46

You can't go to a football match and expect people not to stand up.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Sep 2006 09:47

No matter how passionate and excited you feel, booby, you must always consider the feelings and needs of other people. :wink:

Rant over.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Sep 2006 09:50

cmonurz You can't go to a football match and expect people not to stand up.

Exactly.

Especially last night, in one of the best atmospheres experienced. I did tone it down a little afterwards, but it's just annoying.

I think the bottom line is I'll have to comprimise a bit .... so I'll only stand for about 85 minutes of the game :wink:

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 12 Sep 2006 10:05

bobby1413 would you mind sitting down as my friend is quite small and can't see

no offense but he asked quite politely..

I would be the same though, standing in at about 5ft.. if i had someone standing up in front of me all game, i would do the same, you can enjoy the game just as much from your seat, that way everyone can enjoy it

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Sep 2006 10:08

bobby1413 = selfish tw*t :wink:

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 12 Sep 2006 10:09

bobby1413 I'm 5' 6" so not a giant. Also I never stand up persistantly, but stand up when singing or it looks like we might score.

Do you ever consider the person behind you when you stand up or do you just do it without thinking?

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 12 Sep 2006 10:12

I always feel bad about standing up. I think its always best to check if the person behind will follow suit. If they don't then sit your arse back down or duck. Everybody in Y19 was stood up for the last 5 minutes of the gane but that was about it.

Coppelloadofthat
Location: You can do better than me, but I can't do better than you.

by Coppelloadofthat » 12 Sep 2006 10:13

SIT DOWN SHUT UP!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Sep 2006 10:14

M Brook
bobby1413 I'm 5' 6" so not a giant. Also I never stand up persistantly, but stand up when singing or it looks like we might score.

Do you ever consider the person behind you when you stand up or do you just do it without thinking?

No I don't but then it's normally as I jump out of my seat as I see a chance on goal or to join in on a chant.

I do realise now. So in future games I will keep all standing to a minimum.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 12 Sep 2006 10:17

M Brook

Do you ever consider standing up yourself if the person in front of you is standing?
Or better still, do you ever consider going to support Oxford?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Sep 2006 10:17

bobby1413
M Brook

No I don't but then it's normally as I jump out of my seat as I see a chance on goal or to join in on a chant.

I do realise now. So in future games I will keep all standing to a minimum.

Good man.

We'll let you stand and clap when Reading score.

OK?

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 12 Sep 2006 10:20

EASTENDER MARKY
M Brook

Do you ever consider standing up yourself if the person in front of you is standing?
Or better still, do you ever consider going to support Oxford?

Yes and no. Your point is?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Sep 2006 10:21

I like my seat. It certainly beats getting aching knees and back on the South Bank. But when I get excited (which is often) I stand up, leap about, shout, jump, whatever. And that's tough.

It doesn't make be inconsiderate, dwarfist, or a cnut, it makes me a passionate football fan.