royalty points

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
warrpp

royalty points

by warrpp » 18 Sep 2006 12:34

anyone have an idea what the maximum number of royalty points you can have at the moment ?

just wondered what my chances were for getting tickets for the west ham and especially the liverpool game are

i currently have around 540 points

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 18 Sep 2006 12:48

It was posted previously that at the start of the 2006/2007 season including the 2006/2007 season ticket the theoretical maximum was 687 points.

This season to date you can add
Feyenoord (Friendly) 20 points
Aston Villa 5 points
Wigan Athletic 5 points
Sheffield United 5 points
Darlington (Carling Cup) 20 points
Thus total to add is 55 points

So the current theoretical total is 742 Royalty Points

(assuming West ham away not purchased and 10 points for STAR Membership 2006/2007 not yet received)

warrpp

by warrpp » 18 Sep 2006 12:59

so it looks as tho i'm struggling for the west ham and the one i really want to go to (liverpool) ?

judging by some people could have approaching 700 points, i dont think ive got a cat in hells chance of getting a ticket for the liverpool game

plus i think that were only likely to get a maximum of approx 5-6,000 tickets ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Sep 2006 13:19

Warfield Royal It was posted previously that at the start of the 2006/2007 season including the 2006/2007 season ticket the theoretical maximum was 687 points.

This season to date you can add
Feyenoord (Friendly) 20 points
Aston Villa 5 points
Wigan Athletic 5 points
Sheffield United 5 points
Darlington (Carling Cup) 20 points
Thus total to add is 55 points

So the current theoretical total is 742 Royalty Points

(assuming West ham away not purchased and 10 points for STAR Membership 2006/2007 not yet received)
In theory it could be higher as you could purchase tickets for non membercard holders, the royalty points for which get added to your account. (Good idea to buy seats for kids who don't exist on Kid for a Quid games, although it's a real kick in the teeth for those who can't get a ticket).

Also, some points were given out as a reward/bribe to those who helped STAR hand something or other out last season before the game.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Sep 2006 13:20

warrpp so it looks as tho i'm struggling for the west ham and the one i really want to go to (liverpool) ?

judging by some people could have approaching 700 points, i dont think ive got a cat in hells chance of getting a ticket for the liverpool game

Those with away season tickets will no doubt get first dibs.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 18 Sep 2006 13:23

Forbury Lion
warrpp so it looks as tho i'm struggling for the west ham and the one i really want to go to (liverpool) ?

They won't get first dibs, they'll automatically get tickets.

Warrpp - With the number of Royalty points you've got, I'd say it's quite likely you'll be able to get tickets to those 2 games.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 18 Sep 2006 13:33

Royalty Points have been done to death but don't we love em :lol:

Forbury Lion In theory it could be higher as you could purchase tickets for non membercard holders, the royalty points for which get added to your account.

This should not happen!!! It should not be possible for any member card or season ticket member card to get double points for any match. But I know it does, in fact I missed out on a crucial 2 points when my son received 4 points for Stoke away including 2 points which should have been mine.

It will be a life long ambition of mine to get the Reading FC Sales Centre to correct this error :roll:

Forbury Lion Also, some points were given out as a reward/bribe to those who helped STAR hand something or other out last season before the game.

The previous poster (who should get the credit but i don't know who it was) included this amount in his accounting.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 18 Sep 2006 13:53

Warfield Royal
Forbury Lion In theory it could be higher as you could purchase tickets for non membercard holders, the royalty points for which get added to your account.

This should not happen!!! It should not be possible for any member card or season ticket member card to get double points for any match. But I know it does, in fact I missed out on a crucial 2 points when my son received 4 points for Stoke away including 2 points which should have been mine.

I doesn't, someones talking out of their Arsenal.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 Sep 2006 13:56

Forbury Lion
In theory it could be higher as you could purchase tickets for non membercard holders, the royalty points for which get added to your account. (Good idea to buy seats for kids who don't exist on Kid for a Quid games, although it's a real kick in the teeth for those who can't get a ticket).

This is a myth

I bought 2 tickets for friends for the man city game and got NO addotional loyalty points for tehse games, see the snippet from my royalty point account below, the 5 points for the away games is there but nothing after the man city payment references

31/08/2006 Man City SO/R30/J/0147 401348 Confirmed

31/08/2006 Man City SO/R30/J/0148 401348 Confirmed

30/08/2006 Sheffield Utd Away HSLB R 0030 401272 5 Confirmed

08/08/2006 Wigan Away NS NS4 L 0091 392108 5 Confirmed

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 18 Sep 2006 14:02

weybridgewanderer
Forbury Lion

This is a myth

I bought 2 tickets for friends for the man city game and got NO addotional loyalty points for tehse games, see the snippet from my royalty point account below, the 5 points for the away games is there but nothing after the man city payment references

31/08/2006 Man City SO/R30/J/0147 401348 Confirmed

31/08/2006 Man City SO/R30/J/0148 401348 Confirmed

30/08/2006 Sheffield Utd Away HSLB R 0030 401272 5 Confirmed

08/08/2006 Wigan Away NS NS4 L 0091 392108 5 Confirmed

It used to be possible, the loophole was closed after the club noticed people trying to up their points to get tickets to Leicester away last season.

HTH

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 18 Sep 2006 17:44

It is on the OS now. West Ham go on sale on Wednesday to those with 560 points then on Thursday for those with 520 points. We have 2910 tickets allocated. You cannot book online

warrpp

by warrpp » 19 Sep 2006 01:11

you say that you cannot buy tickets online for the west ham game, so i assume that means just personal callers and telephone sales

anyone know why theres no online sales for this game ?

and if theres no online sales for the WHU game, does it follow that it'll be the same for the liverpool game, or can it vary from game to game ?

it's just that i dont want to stand in a line for 5 hours like i did for the arsenal game last season :roll:

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 19 Sep 2006 01:20

warrpp you say that you cannot buy tickets online for the west ham game, so i assume that means just personal callers and telephone sales

and if theres no online sales for the WHU game, does it follow that it'll be the same for the liverpool game, or can it vary from game to game ?

it's just that i dont want to stand in a line for 5 hours like i did for the arsenal game last season :roll:

For some reason they're not selling away tickets online this season, so you'll have to either ring the Ticket Office or visit them in person (as you've already said).

I doubt they'll have change this in time for the Liverpool game either.

As for waiting in line for 5 hours - bear in mind that away season ticket holders will already have their tickets so will be out of the equation. The Arsenal game was in such demand because of the fact it was a one off and was fairly close.

Given the amount of away games we will have this season travelling to all the big clubs, I think you'll stand a good chance of getting a ticket with 500+ points, and am holding hope for myself who only has 450.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Sep 2006 08:12

warrpp you say that you cannot buy tickets online for the west ham game, so i assume that means just personal callers and telephone sales

They have not been selling online for most of last season either, as it's probably your first away game I guess you hadn't noticed :roll:

warrpp

by warrpp » 19 Sep 2006 08:25

:D

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 19 Sep 2006 10:24

Thomas L'Heureux

For some reason they're not selling away tickets online this season, so you'll have to either ring the Ticket Office or visit them in person (as you've already said).

Only away games I have ever known online sales for were Arsenal and Plymouth last season.

There was an option was to print out the form and fax it to the sales centre, no iea if that is still available.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 19 Sep 2006 11:01

weybridgewanderer There was an option was to print out the form and fax it to the sales centre, no iea if that is still available.

The very first paragraph on the Away Games page on the official Reading FC website has a link to a fax form so the facility is still available.

However we should all know by now that the fax form is for people who think that they can jump the queue but the reality is that while their fax sits at the bottom of a pile of paper in the sales centre everyone else who phoned or visited in person gets their ticket first. :wink:

There are 2 versions of the fax form. One for when the fax machine is working and another for when it has run out of toner :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2006 12:52

southbank1871
Forbury Lion

They won't get first dibs, they'll automatically get tickets.[/quote]Assuming the number of away season ticket holders does not exceed away game ticket allocation.....unlikely in the Prem, but if we draw Brighton away in the cup things will be different.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 19 Sep 2006 15:37

I think anyone with a reasonable amount of points will get tickets to West Ham and poss Liverpool.

Remember, the Royalty Points system has not yet deprived anyone of an away ticket to date. Even Arsenal & Leicester ended up on general sale after all the flapping on this board.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 19 Sep 2006 19:06

Thomas L'Heureux

I doubt they'll have change this in time for the Liverpool game either.

As for waiting in line for 5 hours - bear in mind that away season ticket holders will already have their tickets so will be out of the equation. The Arsenal game was in such demand because of the fact it was a one off and was fairly close.

Given the amount of away games we will have this season travelling to all the big clubs, I think you'll stand a good chance of getting a ticket with 500+ points, and am holding hope for myself who only has 450.

i have 589, but my friends have approx 520, so will have to wait until thurs.....hope i get a ticket for West ham and pompey

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1