Stadium Expansion

1747 posts
Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Stadium Expansion

by Rawlie19 » 23 Jun 2008 18:15

9,000 ST's sold so far is up from the start of our last season in the CCC. I believe that was 8,000 until the HST's went on sale in December/January and then all 18,000 were sold. Always expected this. It seems that 1,000 plastics have decided to stay. Can't call them plastic now can we.

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jun 2008 18:17

Rawlie19 9,000 ST's sold so far is up from the start of our last season in the CCC. I believe that was 8,000 until the HST's went on sale in December/January and then all 18,000 were sold. Always expected this. It seems that 1,000 plastics have decided to stay. Can't call them plastic now can we.

No we can't, not now Waitrose are encouraging their customers to buy these non plastic earth friendly longer lasting carrier bags.

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 21 Aug 2008 11:12

I think we should have expanded the stadium.

Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car - perception, yeah?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Aug 2008 11:21

That's what M&S did, flash new store layouts, expensive ads in most quality papers, even the D Mail, and what happened??

Sometimes being flash is not the way, beside we could naot have done the extension as we have no money.

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 21 Aug 2008 11:44

The 17 Bus That's what M&S did, flash new store layouts, expensive ads in most quality papers, even the D Mail, and what happened??

Sometimes being flash is not the way, beside we could naot have done the extension as we have no money.

M&S was doing very well with the new ad campaign, then people stopped spending money on expensive food, so M&S food has gone down the pan - the clothes are still selling at record levels IIRC.

If we'd built a 38,000 seater stadium, it would have been expensive at first - a real storm to get through - but then people would have seen our ambition and flocked to the club in droves, in record numbers you might say.

If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Aug 2008 11:52

Kingsley's Kousin Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car

Kingsley's Kousin If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.

Got any more Commons-esque analogies? :wink: :lol:

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 21 Aug 2008 12:09

T.R.O.L.I.
Got any more Commons-esque analogies? :wink: :lol:

I try not to restrit myself to stereotypes or any specific source.

Why buy a book when you can join a library?

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 21 Aug 2008 13:34

Is this thing still going on? Give it a rest, please!

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 29 Aug 2008 12:33

John 3:16 Is this thing still going on? Give it a rest, please!

I don't see why we should have to stop a perfectly legitimate argument - no one with half a brain would stop while there's still points to be raised.

For instance, I work in HR: I haven't got a sign on the door that says white people only. I don't care if you're black, brown or yellow - you know, Orientals make very good workers.

Likewise, I'm not gonna limit my argument.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 29 Aug 2008 13:58

Kingsley's Kousin
John 3:16 Is this thing still going on? Give it a rest, please!

no one with half a brain would stop while there's still points to be raised.

but those with more than a half just might in this instance.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 29 Aug 2008 14:11

er, :wink:

(just to be sure)

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 29 Aug 2008 14:26

Kingsley's Kousin
The 17 Bus That's what M&S did, flash new store layouts, expensive ads in most quality papers, even the D Mail, and what happened??

M&S was doing very well with the new ad campaign, then people stopped spending money on expensive food, so M&S food has gone down the pan - the clothes are still selling at record levels IIRC.

If we'd built a 38,000 seater stadium, it would have been expensive at first - a real storm to get through - but then people would have seen our ambition and flocked to the club in droves, in record numbers you might say.

If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.

i agree with this, when we first built the new ground 13000 would have been the biggest crowd of the year. now that would be the lowest if we had built the extension eventually the people would have started filling the seats.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 22:51

They turned their business around. It was going completely down the pan prior to that!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 30 Aug 2008 03:52

Getting M&S back into the British way of life was not the hardest thing to do in the world, though looking at the leaked storey yesterday about massive cuts to redundancy wont help at this particular time.

Can I add that I said one of the things that should have been done was to rename as M&S, as it was easier to brand and was modern and up to date.

DaveM

by DaveM » 30 Aug 2008 11:26

I thought the stadium had been expanded? Mr Mad keeps going on about all the expensive modifications to the stadium?

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 30 Aug 2008 20:22

It has but only the part occupied by Mr Mads penthouse suite. To support that the hotel, press and admin blocks had to be extended as well of course.

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 31 Aug 2008 12:46

So, we're agreed, expanding the stadium would have been the right thing to do?

I'm a Reading fan, for me sins.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 19 Sep 2008 11:33

Sebastian The whole stadium expansion thing is like a deadly game of cat and mouse between investing in the club to bring in, and be able to cater for, more fans, and between selling the future financial security of the club down the river. It really depends who blinks first - like the time someone tried to mug me whilst I was holding an apple pie, I said:

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down!!!!"

That, I think, sums up our situation perfectly.

What you don't want to do right now is stick your penis in the pie!

by John 3:16 » 19 Sep 2008 13:16

Sebastian The whole stadium expansion thing is like a deadly game of cat and mouse between investing in the club to bring in, and be able to cater for, more fans, and between selling the future financial security of the club down the river. It really depends who blinks first - like the time someone tried to mug me whilst I was holding an apple pie, I said:

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down!!!!"

That, I think, sums up our situation perfectly.

:lol: Who got appled? Or did he back down? And did you say it in a Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry style? "The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down!!!! ... So you gotta ask yourself, do I feel lucky? ... Well? Do ya? Punk? "

by John 3:16 » 19 Sep 2008 14:56

Sebastian Frankly those trying to tell Madejski what to do are taking the piss - we're invading his stadium, his club, his investment - he knows the best things to do. We're just never happy, whichever way he goes.

It's as if we're some kind of Russian spy on the Queen's plane, and we've stormed past the guards, and killed Charles. We wouldn't say:

"Hello, I'm a communist with a gun, I hate you lot. I've just thrown the royal family off a plane. Can I use your toilet please? "

Because THAT would just be taking the piss. So don't take the piss out of Madejski.

You've lost me now... Does the Queen have the apple pie, or does the Russian spy have it? Or did Charles have it before he was killed?

1747 posts