WAGS Charity Events

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

WAGS Charity Events

by Binfield Royal » 17 Oct 2006 00:01

I just saw an item on SKY about the wives and girlfriends of Reading players organising a number of events in support of local charities including a Summer Ball and a golf day.

I wouldn't at all mind supporting these but can't find any info on here or on the OS.

Does anyone else have any info?

loyal-royal

by loyal-royal » 17 Oct 2006 00:02

same just saw it on sky sports would like to no about the golf day to.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 17 Oct 2006 00:24

Reading WAGS Fundraising for Charity

The Reading wives and girlfriends are planning to help good causes. As the England WAGS (the wives and girlfriends) strutted their stuff in Baden-Baden during the World Cup finals in Germany, their United States counterparts looked on in wonderment. Spending thousands of euros and dancing on restaurant tables was not the American way, but, hey, girls just gotta have fun, haven’t they?

Amanda Hahnemann, the wife of Marcus, the US and Reading goalkeeper, watched the antics from Hamburg, where the US squad was based, and was bemused by all the fuss surrounding Victoria Beckham, Coleen McLoughlin et al. “We just couldn’t understand all the attention they were getting,â€

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 17 Oct 2006 00:26

Launch of The Royal Families Support Group

Reading Football Club are delighted to announce the launch of 'The Royal Families', a fundraising group set up by players' wives and girlfriends in support of local charities.

'The Royal Families' will raise money by organising special events, auctions of items such as players' shirts, unique competitions and other activities. More details of events will be publicised in the near future.

The idea of the group was conceived by Amanda Hahnemann and Karen Murty, wives of American international goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann and skipper Graeme Murty, and Amanda said, "It's a really good opportunity for us to give something back into a community that has supported us so much." Karen added, "We have lots of ideas about how we can raise funds and make a significant difference to these very worthwhile local charities. We are aiming to raise £60,000 by the end of the season, which is a big target but we feel it can be attainable with the backing of the players and their families, and of course the fantastic Reading fans."Sara Jacob from Reading Football Club said, "We're extremely happy to support this wonderful initiative which unites the players, their families and the Club with the aim of raising funds for local worthy causes."

Two of the charities that will benefit from 'The Royal Families' are PACT (Parents And Children Together) and BWA (Berkshire Women's Aid).

Yvette Gayford, Chief Executive of PACT, said, "We are absolutely delighted that the 'Royal Families' have chosen to support Parents and Children Together, the additional funds will make a real difference to the work we undertake. It is brilliant that the 'Families' want to give something back to the community and we will work closely with them to help them achieve their goal."

Bernadette Adams, Berkshire Women's Aid Area manager, added, "I think it's an excellent idea. It will raise awareness as well as making us some money. We're thrilled they considered us when looking at local charities."
Last edited by Memories Of India on 17 Oct 2006 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 17 Oct 2006 00:27

Not sure if this in the right forum TBH but there it is anyway.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 17 Oct 2006 15:09

excellent piece of detective work my friend. No mention of actual events or dates yet but at least we can keep an eye on it..

Thanks

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: WAGS Charity Events

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Oct 2006 15:15

Binfield Royal I just saw an item on SKY about the wives and girlfriends of Reading players organising a number of events in support of local charities including a Summer Ball and a golf day.

I wouldn't at all mind supporting these but can't find any info on here or on the OS.

Does anyone else have any info?

Thats the worst attempt at trying to get off with a bird I've ever seen.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 17 Oct 2006 17:36

Can you name the WAGS (without checking the OS). Why only seven :roll:
Also anyone know what's a 'car park party'?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 17 Oct 2006 18:00

Binfield Royal excellent piece of detective work my friend. No mention of actual events or dates yet but at least we can keep an eye on it..

Thanks

the launch is 20th November and I know there is something at Costco on New Years Day before the West Ham game as I remember Karen Murty mentioning it on BBCFM. I think the other events are February March and April.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 Oct 2006 18:24

Am I the only one that is bored with the players partners ?

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 17 Oct 2006 18:54

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 73,00.html

Royal Families wives & girlfriends charity group announce fundraisers

The first event will be a Champagne Tasting Party at Madejski Stadium on Monday 20th November. Tickets are priced at £50 per head, and each partygoer will receive six glasses of champagne, canapés and the chance to mingle with Royals stars.

Other confirmed events are:
1st January 2007 - Costco 'car park party' prior to Reading vs West Ham United
14th February 2007 - Valentine's Ball
Monday 5th March 2007 - Race Night
March 2007 - Golf Day - date to be confirmed
Wednesday 4th April 2007 - Fashion Show

Harold

by Harold » 17 Oct 2006 21:07

M4 Junction 11 Can you name the WAGS (without checking the OS). Why only seven :roll:

Looks more like the Reading ladies team as opposed to your typical wags.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Oct 2006 16:09

The second one down in Amanda Doyle - she's going out with Hunty I believe!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Oct 2006 16:19

£50 quid a ticket champagne tasting?? :shock:

That's just shot away their "down to earth image" in one go. How is the average Reading fan going to afford that? Golf Day, Ball and Fashion Show will all be big money events too.

Why don't they produce something that can be sold through the megastore, or hawked by the programme sellers, that would be an affordable but worthwhile souvenir. RFC charity playing cards/snap/Top Trumps? Kyocera ought to be able to help with that.

Target £60,000.

If all else fails it shouldn't be too tricky to acheive what with all the extra cash floating around in their husbands' bank accounts!

Legend

by Legend » 18 Oct 2006 16:24

That Friday Feeling £50 quid a ticket champagne tasting?? :shock:

That's just shot away their "down to earth image" in one go. How is the average Reading fan going to afford that? Golf Day, Ball and Fashion Show will all be big money events too.

Why don't they produce something that can be sold through the megastore, or hawked by the programme sellers, that would be an affordable but worthwhile souvenir. RFC charity playing cards/snap/Top Trumps? Kyocera ought to be able to help with that.

Target £60,000.

If all else fails it shouldn't be too tricky to acheive what with all the extra cash floating around in their husbands' bank accounts!

Cracking post.

Could the rest of the WAGS not be bothered then ?

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 18 Oct 2006 17:24

M4 Junction 11 Can you name the WAGS (without checking the OS). Why only seven :roll:

First is Ings... wife, Hunts missus, Mrs Murty, Mrs H, Bikeys missus, Gunarsons wife, and then sidwells wife

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 18 Oct 2006 17:31

Mrs Butler First is Ings... wife, Hunts missus, Mrs Murty, Mrs H, Bikeys missus, Gunarsons wife, and then sidwells wife
Well M-R-S M-U-R-T-Y gets my vote then.
I wonder what I can do to help :D

Your M-U-R-T-Y's wife
Your M-U-R-T-Y's wife
You know your are
You're sure you are
Your M-R-S MURTY's wife

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 18 Oct 2006 17:43

This is similar to rich women who hold events at posh hotels in the name of charity. They couldn't give a sh1t about charity, it's just a nice excuse to get dressed up, get some compliments, raise their profile and tell each other how amazing they are.

If they were that bothered, why have they waited untill Reading are in the Premiership before doing something like this?

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 18 Oct 2006 18:05

M4 Junction 11 Also anyone know what's a 'car park party'?

Google Dogging and you'll see.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Oct 2006 18:58

alad This is similar to rich women who hold events at posh hotels in the name of charity. They couldn't give a sh1t about charity, it's just a nice excuse to get dressed up, get some compliments, raise their profile and tell each other how amazing they are.

If they were that bothered, why have they waited untill Reading are in the Premiership before doing something like this?

Harsh

I prefer to think of them as well intentioned but misguided