Man Utd cup tickets

240 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 31 Jan 2007 08:32

Royalupnorth
ayjaydee That's my mind made up then, £35 train getting back at stupid o clock.

Anyone want a guaranteed ticket?

You know that I would take it!!!!!
(Thanks for the Birmingham ticket btw)

I know that I'm shooting myself in the foot with this one, cos I'll never get a ticket with the number of members points you get for buying tickets off ayjaydee!But seriously, there are some really nice hotels just outside OT. Take the Tulip Hotel for example.
My step-daughter stayed there recently, said it was really nice and cost £70 for the room. Not per-person. Per room.

Take your significant other, do some shopping, watch a game of football, go out and party, hit your hotel room and..... well you know.

It makes sense.

You would only get 5 royalty points for this game I suspect.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Jan 2007 08:38

BenReadingFC He did put out a team of "stiffs" against Arsenal last season when we took 7000 so why do you think he'd do any different this game.

Because that was the League Cup and we knew Arsenal would do as well. Man U won't.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 31 Jan 2007 14:05

Manchester United vs Reading
FA Cup fifth round
5:15pm, Saturday 17th February 2007
We have an allocation of 6,000 tickets in the East Stand, priced at £35 for adults and £17.50 for under 16s / over 65s.

Away season ticket payments will be collected on Thursday 1st February.

We would ask supporters to be patient when contacting the Sales Centre and where possible avoid calling between the peak times of 10am-midday.

Supporters are also urged to check that all members of their party have the required number of Royalty Points as detailed below before booking.

Tickets are on sale on by phone and in person on the following Royalty Points basis:

Monday 5th February - 601 Points or more
Tuesday 6th February - 556 Points or more
Wednesday 7th February - 501 Points or more
Thursday 8th February - 456 Points or more
Friday 9th February - 401 Points or more
Saturday 10th January - 356 Points or more
Monday 12th February - 301 Points or more
Tuesday 13th February - 201 Points or more
Wednesday 14th February - 101 Points or more
Thursday 15th February - 5 Points or more

The Sales Centre phone number is 0870 999 1871. Opening hours available here. It is not possible to buy away tickets online.

A replay date of Tuesday 27th February has been agreed with a kick off of 8pm. This could change for TV coverage though.

Ticket prices for a replay would be exactly the same as a Gold category Premiership game.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 31 Jan 2007 14:06

£35?
:roll:

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 31 Jan 2007 14:15

Winchester Royal £35?

Exactly. Very hard for me to justify three aways in three weeks.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Jan 2007 16:36

AndyRFC
Winchester Royal £35?

Exactly. Very hard for me to justify three aways in three weeks.

Exactly. That's why I'm not going to any of them

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 31 Jan 2007 16:38

Quick question, it says we have 6,000 in the East stand, does that include that bit in the corner?

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 31 Jan 2007 17:09

URZZZZZZZZ Quick question, it says we have 6,000 in the East stand, does that include that bit in the corner?

No I dont think so. I think it is the upper tier of behind the goal.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 31 Jan 2007 17:35

We'll be lucky to sell half that allocation.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 31 Jan 2007 17:44

Winchester Royal We'll be lucky to sell half that allocation.

Woohoo. Thats an extra 5 points on my card then. :roll:

doylefan

by doylefan » 31 Jan 2007 18:22

Royalupnorth
ayjaydee That's my mind made up then, £35 train getting back at stupid o clock.

Anyone want a guaranteed ticket?

You know that I would take it!!!!!
(Thanks for the Birmingham ticket btw)

I know that I'm shooting myself in the foot with this one, cos I'll never get a ticket with the number of members points you get for buying tickets off ayjaydee!
But seriously, there are some really nice hotels just outside OT. Take the Tulip Hotel for example.
My step-daughter stayed there recently, said it was really nice and cost £70 for the room. Not per-person. Per room.

Take your significant other, do some shopping, watch a game of football, go out and party, hit your hotel room and..... well you know.

It makes sense.

im the same with my points - have got quite a few points on my card and used it for the early away games, helping my to get extra points, but as the season has gone on ive had to use my mates brothers one as tickets were more difficult to get hold of and hence not getting the points. doing the same this time just so i can get a ticket, but i dont think ill have a problem this time, but she doesnt want to wait an extra couple of days and wont sit on her own, so got to fore go the points again!! but its Old Trafford and got to go!! hopefully ill be able to get some more points on the card again soon

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 31 Jan 2007 21:19

YankeeRoyal despite it possibly being a team of reserves, with the way my vacation schedule lines up, I am actually thinking about the ridiculous idea of flying over from the states for a few days to take in this match, if it is actually possible

is it possible?

I dont think you'll have problems getting a ticket given the price, distance, trains, double the normal allocation and its on the telly. However the club now do not let tickets go on general sale so you need to spend an extra £10 to get member card, that gives you 10 points to buy a ticket, or you could get one on classifieds.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 31 Jan 2007 22:02

PieEater
YankeeRoyal despite it possibly being a team of reserves, with the way my vacation schedule lines up, I am actually thinking about the ridiculous idea of flying over from the states for a few days to take in this match, if it is actually possible

is it possible?

I dont think you'll have problems getting a ticket given the price, distance, trains, double the normal allocation and its on the telly. However the club now do not let tickets go on general sale so you need to spend an extra £10 to get member card, that gives you 10 points to buy a ticket, or you could get one on classifieds.

5 actually.
Its 10 points (extra) if you join STAR too :wink:

YankeeRoyal

by YankeeRoyal » 31 Jan 2007 23:11

PieEater

considering the possible cost of the flight, an extra five or ten to get a member card won't hurt at all- not gonna lie, a little worried about not being able to know for sure until the 15th, but i'm working a few other things into this trip either way, reading at OT is just the extra motivation

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 01 Feb 2007 00:27

Winchester Royal We'll be lucky to sell half that allocation.

Probably right. If it wasnt on tv then i think alot of people would go and we may even sell out to esp. those who probably wont have much chance of getting league tickets and want to go because its OT - TBH i thought it was a crap ground.....soleless library run by corporate monkeys and not that loud when they scored...despite 76K there

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 01 Feb 2007 10:52

I seriously hope we take up our allocated. Otherwise it will be red faces all round if the fickle RFC fans decide to sit on their hands and watch the game on tele.

The cost is not surprising really, but I wish they would realise that if the game is being televised, some of that TV money should subsidise the gate receipt revenue to ensure the ground is full.

Anyway, I'll be there as usual.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 02 Feb 2007 11:17

is it possible?

Looks like its a definate. Keep a track of the classified section as I feel a few AST holders will want to sell.

If you do get a ticket from a nobber I dont mind collecting if its the Reading area and I'll take it to OT. We can sort the $ out later.

PM me if you are serious.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 02 Feb 2007 11:49

Nezhen I seriously hope we take up our allocated. Otherwise it will be red faces all round if the fickle RFC fans decide to sit on their hands and watch the game on tele.

The cost is not surprising really, but I wish they would realise that if the game is being televised, some of that TV money should subsidise the gate receipt revenue to ensure the ground is full.

I'm sure the half empty away end will still be singing 'your support is facking sh1t' without a hint of irony.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Feb 2007 12:33

Nezhen I seriously hope we take up our allocated. Otherwise it will be red faces all round if the fickle RFC fans decide to sit on their hands and watch the game on tele.

Couldn't give a flying one how many we sell. People will go if they can afford it - a lot, like me will simply not be able to justify paying best part of £100 for tickets, travel etc when they can watch it for next to nothing on the BBC.

anR

by anR » 02 Feb 2007 15:35

All this talk of it being a reserve fixture... Have people failed to realise that with have a) a bunch of new signings and b) quite a few players coming back from injury? I for one am looking forward to it. As long as my upper band Royalty points on my card don't get me what I received at Birmingham, of course! Seats 1 and 2 right on the edge! :evil:

240 posts