Replay Tickets - ManUre South Stand Request

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 11:58

Rawlie19 No, this was him selling them to friends. Not part of the free allocation given by the club.

Don't err me you pompous prick.

Are you sure he wasn't just selling on his allocation in order to make a bit of money? They don't get them free anymore anyway, just at a very reduced price - £10 for league games.

LimpBiscuit

by LimpBiscuit » 21 Feb 2007 23:56

Mad Dog's Ghost Where's your famous, where's your famous, where's your famous cockney reds, where's your famous cockney reds.

Ah, bring back the 80s.

Although I have no allegiance to Manure, I have family connections in Salford. I have been to Old Trafford many times over the last 40 years and can testify to some really f**king noisy times there.

However, these days, rather like the Lowry, its more a tourist attraction for 40,000 or so out of the 75,000, shutting out the many thousands who would love to join in, but can't afford to, having been marginalised by the spending power by which their club have been bewitched.

It is well known that Mancs who follow Manure follow them away. Hence the noise and passion at away games.

They hate the tourists as they call them. On saturday, I was at Salford Quays tram stop, in the pub next door. Some Mancs I talked to told me that they don't go on saturdays, but they do go on weekdays and euro nights. Thats when their real fans turn up. Next time you see them on the tv in midweek, note the vocal support as opposed to a saturday.

My cousin has told me of many a scrap at home games, when the target has been cockney reds. They hate the f**kers.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 22 Feb 2007 07:51

My cousin has told me of many a scrap at home games, when the target has been cockney reds. They hate the f**kers.

Cue Alad "But the Cockney Reds are a well respected group of my Man U supporters!! *whine bitch whine moan*"

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 22 Feb 2007 08:52

Much as I hate to say anything supportive about Man U, that attitude is just ridiculous. For a start, who's to say where the "cockney reds" come from - they might have Manc parents - and secondly, knowing a Man U season ticket holder as I do (who is a Manc, incidentally), I know just how difficult it is to get league tickets - you have to be properly dedicated and on waiting lists for years etc. until you are eligible. So, other than "corporate" supporters who pay through the nose, I hardly think 40,000 are a bunch of fly-by-night tourists.

rant over.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 22 Feb 2007 09:44

DelBoyRodders
Reading Football Club - A Premiership Club off the pitch as well as on.

Bit strong on one instance of greatness isnt it? :wink:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Feb 2007 10:25

LimpBiscuit
Mad Dog's Ghost Where's your famous, where's your famous, where's your famous cockney reds, where's your famous cockney reds.

Ah, bring back the 80s.

Although I have no allegiance to Manure, I have family connections in Salford. I have been to Old Trafford many times over the last 40 years and can testify to some really f**king noisy times there.

However, these days, rather like the Lowry, its more a tourist attraction for 40,000 or so out of the 75,000, shutting out the many thousands who would love to join in, but can't afford to, having been marginalised by the spending power by which their club have been bewitched.

It is well known that Mancs who follow Manure follow them away. Hence the noise and passion at away games.

They hate the tourists as they call them. On saturday, I was at Salford Quays tram stop, in the pub next door. Some Mancs I talked to told me that they don't go on saturdays, but they do go on weekdays and euro nights. Thats when their real fans turn up. Next time you see them on the tv in midweek, note the vocal support as opposed to a saturday.

Ditto Liverpool on this

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Feb 2007 19:42

Wycombe Royal Oh dear, it seems I may have upset some people for pointing out the fickleness (is that a word??) of some of our support which it has been pointed out on here so many times is apparently very loyal.

I must have been mistaken.

so ur telling me who lives in plymouth, travels to every home and away league game that i can't go to one game cos i couldn't justify the 50 pound train fare and 20 pound match tickets

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Feb 2007 22:59

Wycombe Royal = Oliver Holt of HNA

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Feb 2007 13:36

Huntley & Palmer Wycombe Royal = Oliver Holt of HNA

I'm not sure an insult can get any worse than that.

I am deeply hurt and probably scarred for life.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2007 15:33

Stranded
Rawlie19 No, this was him selling them to friends. Not part of the free allocation given by the club.

Don't err me you pompous prick.

Are you sure he wasn't just selling on his allocation in order to make a bit of money? They don't get them free anymore anyway, just at a very reduced price - £10 for league games.

Ticket office staff touting tickets?! Not a particularly good example for RFC to set!