away ticket policy

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: away ticket policy

by RG30 » 08 Mar 2007 17:08

Crasher
Royalphil
blue_army_wokingham ... But if youre not going to support the team when you go to away games then i think you shouldnt go, and let somebody that wants to sing their hearts out go instead....

Believe it or not, some people actually go to football matches to watch the football. I am a STH that had a seat in Y25 but moved, this season, to Y20 because I got fed up being surrounded be 'fans' more interested in standing and chanting at the away supporters than watching the game..... You don't have to sing to be a loyal supporter.... really.... :roll:

Totally agree.

Oh, and if helps, there will be 2 extra AST's next season as my son and I will not be renewing our AST's.

Why? Well to be honest, i'm fed up with trying to get the people in front to sit down so my son can watch the football - he's 11, he likes football, he likes to watch football, he does not like staring at the backside of another 'fan' who insists on standing and chanting for 90% of the game.

I'm sure you and your son aern't renewing your AST on those grounds, your probably just like the majority who won't accept paying the prices we've paid 2 seasons running and the novetly factor of visiting all these grounds has paid off.

Custard Cream

by Custard Cream » 09 Mar 2007 09:14

Perhaps if the so-called Reading fans, who spent most of the game shouting obscenities at the Arsenal fans in the tier above, had faced forward and actually watched the game - and chanted at our team instead - we might have created a little more atmosphere!

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 09 Mar 2007 09:56

Custard Cream Perhaps if the so-called Reading fans, who spent most of the game shouting obscenities at the Arsenal fans in the tier above, had faced forward and actually watched the game - and chanted at our team instead - we might have created a little more atmosphere!

Indeed!

I know we've had threads before on allocation of Away seating... and seemingly there is no answer to suit everyone... but wouldn't it be nice if you could simply tick a box on your AST application to say "singer"? That way a 'block' of seats could be allocated to these fans... they are all in one place, more noise and more atmosphere for them... and the rest of us can watch the football!!

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 09 Mar 2007 09:57

Singing 10 German Bombers - "atmosphere".

Spending the better part of the time with your back to the game, giving it the big come-on to people 30 yards above you or 50 yards in front of you instead of those 4 yards to your left 'cos actually-they're-a-lot-closer-and-look-a-lot-meaner - "atmosphere".

Being told to fcuk off by the sole remaining prick standing in front of you when EVERYONE else has sat down and you politely let them know there's no-one else within 20 yards standing up - "atmosphere" (I prefer to stand for 90 minutes, but if all others have sat down, so will I).

Supporting the team in your own way, clapping, cheering, roaring encouragement, wearing whatever colours and style of clothing you like, singing WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT, not just because you're pissed, belligerent, inarticulate, offensive and "that's the only way to support " - priceless.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 09 Mar 2007 11:32

Royalphil
Custard Cream Perhaps if the so-called Reading fans, who spent most of the game shouting obscenities at the Arsenal fans in the tier above, had faced forward and actually watched the game - and chanted at our team instead - we might have created a little more atmosphere!

Indeed!

I know we've had threads before on allocation of Away seating... and seemingly there is no answer to suit everyone... but wouldn't it be nice if you could simply tick a box on your AST application to say "singer"? That way a 'block' of seats could be allocated to these fans... they are all in one place, more noise and more atmosphere for them... and the rest of us can watch the football!!

In all seriousness, how old are you? 13? 15? If you are not then I would be very worried if this was posted by someone older

Crasher

by Crasher » 09 Mar 2007 13:06

RG30
Crasher
Royalphil
blue_army_wokingham ... But if youre not going to support the team when you go to away games then i think you shouldnt go, and let somebody that wants to sing their hearts out go instead....

Believe it or not, some people actually go to football matches to watch the football. I am a STH that had a seat in Y25 but moved, this season, to Y20 because I got fed up being surrounded be 'fans' more interested in standing and chanting at the away supporters than watching the game..... You don't have to sing to be a loyal supporter.... really.... :roll:

Totally agree.

Oh, and if helps, there will be 2 extra AST's next season as my son and I will not be renewing our AST's.

Why? Well to be honest, i'm fed up with trying to get the people in front to sit down so my son can watch the football - he's 11, he likes football, he likes to watch football, he does not like staring at the backside of another 'fan' who insists on standing and chanting for 90% of the game.

I'm sure you and your son aern't renewing your AST on those grounds, your probably just like the majority who won't accept paying the prices we've paid 2 seasons running and the novetly factor of visiting all these grounds has paid off.

I can assure you that money and novelty have no relevance on whether we continue to watch away or not. I suspect that my average season-spend in well into four figures for the both of us.
I, like many others, travel great distances just for the home games, so to me most games are away-days anyway.

I was looking forward to next season as there (hopefully) will be a few more midland clubs to go and see for away games.

readingbedding Let's see if he feels like that as a 15+ teenager.

Can't please everyone mate.

I would hope that when he reaches 15 and above that he will be able to make up his own mind which team he'd like to support. The Reading thing is because i am a fan, and he accompanies me because of his football passion. I suspect he may not wish to spend too many saturday's with his old man when he hits 15+, and may decide to go with his mates to a team more local to where we live (Birmingham, Baggies, even Hereford).

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 09 Mar 2007 13:10

Crasher
RG30
Crasher
Royalphil

Totally agree.

I can assure you that money and novelty have no relevance on whether we continue to watch away or not. I suspect that my average season-spend in well into four figures for the both of us.
I, like many others, travel great distances just for the home games, so to me most games are away-days anyway.

I was looking forward to next season as there (hopefully) will be a few more midland clubs to go and see for away games.

Apologies on my behalf then but those are the reason's I'm using for not renewing.

With the exception of maybe West Ham and Portsmouth, standing up persistently hasn't been to much of a problem I think at away games this season. I feel bad though for the elderly and kids in such scenario's because the view/facilities like at Portsmouth are shocking.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 09 Mar 2007 16:56

In all fairness, the view is shit at Pompey when you're sitting down, and its shit when you're standing up too...

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 09 Mar 2007 22:11

Finch has the answer to distribute away tickets and has proposed this in the past to STAR but their attitude was "RFC won't change they way they do things so why bother trying ?"

end of thread.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Mar 2007 08:33

I think you will find there was a little more to it than that, one of the Arse fans ws taken away by stewards after being identified by Reading fans, I guessed he had thrown something or a similar misdemeanor.