Young children - tickets?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

Young children - tickets?

by PlasticRoyale » 20 Mar 2007 13:26

Do young children (4/5 years old) require a seperate ticket or can they come in with their parents and sit on their laps?

Can't find anything on the OS. Any help appreciated

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Mar 2007 13:34

It used to be a discretionary' thing IIRC that is a young child sat on a parent's lap and came in on the same turn of the gate as the parent they didn;t need a ticket.

You would be best advised to contact the TO or Customer Services to check on current policy to avoid embarrassment !!

fridays child

by fridays child » 21 Mar 2007 07:46

Having had the 'pleasure' of being next to a lap sitting youngster on Saturday I would suggest you only do it if the child has the attention span to actually sit still and watch the game.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 21 Mar 2007 16:28

I took my little'un in on saturday, although the bloke next to me didn't seem to happy about it. :wink:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Mar 2007 17:20

ArfnipIsARoyal I took my little'un out on saturday, although the bloke next to me didn't seem to happy about it. :wink:

Not surprised - somebody did that to me in the cinema once!!!

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 21 Mar 2007 17:25

LMAO

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 22 Mar 2007 03:06

It's my Cuz's little boy - first time at a footy game. Rang the ticket office and it's allowed if the child is under 5. He'll be bribe with fizzy pop and sweet's. Tickets in Y25 so hope he used to colourful language (he's northern so he prolly is!) - might be asking his dad to explain a few words

'Daddy, what's a fecking scouse oxf*rd'
'Why aren't they out robbing houses' and
'Does the social know they are here'

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 22 Mar 2007 03:53

My parents have 3 season tickets between 4 of us (3 adults + one under 7 year old), the under 7 generally stands, or goes on one of our laps.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Mar 2007 07:00

URZZZZZZZZ My parents have 3 season tickets between 4 of us (3 adults + one under 7 year old), the under 7 generally stands, or goes on one of our laps.

The club policy is not to charge for 5 and unders - as you appear to have a 6 year old they should be sitting in their own paid-for seat.

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 22 Mar 2007 12:42

Don't do it.

I took my son to his first match when he was four. He quite liked watching the players warm up. Then just before kick off he said he wanted to go home. Then when the match started and I started venting my feelings at the ref he burst into tears. At half time he wanted to go home! then fell asleep on my lap in the second half.

It always sounds great taking youngsters to their first ever football match, but to be honest, until they reach 7 or 8 I wouldn't bother.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 22 Mar 2007 13:25

Harps stay sharp Don't do it.

I took my son to his first match when he was four. He quite liked watching the players warm up. Then just before kick off he said he wanted to go home. Then when the match started and I started venting my feelings at the ref he burst into tears. At half time he wanted to go home! then fell asleep on my lap in the second half.

It always sounds great taking youngsters to their first ever football match, but to be honest, until they reach 7 or 8 I wouldn't bother.

I have a season ticket for my nearly five year old. Most games I have to take him to the toilet on average five times. I now insist that he urinates in to an empty fruit shoot bottle! This plan has worked for the last few games until a recent game when it was just getting exciting and a little voice piped up..."Dad, I want to do a poo".

Have you ever tried to get a four year old to crap in to a fruit shoot bottle?

I am still hoping that he will get in to it more. He gets caught up in the atmosphere and the day out and feeling like one of the big boys if you like but I am in two minds whether to renew his season ticket and leave it for a couple of years.

If my wife knew that he spent most of the time not watching the game or with me bribing him with sweets and crisps to keep quiet she would say he is definitely not going anymore at £170 odd a year for his ticket!!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 22 Mar 2007 13:48

Harps stay sharp It always sounds great taking youngsters to their first ever football match, but to be honest, until they reach 7 or 8 I wouldn't bother.

I'd agree. 7 or 8 is about right.

Some twat who used to sit near me a few years ago used to occassionally take his 5 year old, and the little fecker used to run up and down the back of the East Stand kicking the backs of people's seats (this was before the extra row was added in at the back).

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 22 Mar 2007 15:21

Mr Optimist I have a season ticket for my nearly five year old...
...If my wife knew that he spent most of the time not watching the game or with me bribing him with sweets and crisps to keep quiet she would say he is definitely not going anymore at £170 odd a year for his ticket!!

Platypuss The club policy is not to charge for 5 and unders

:shock: why are you paying?

fridays child

by fridays child » 22 Mar 2007 21:17

Because it gives the kid a seat to sit on, rather than a lap.

Arthur Pint
Location: Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step, two step and....

by Arthur Pint » 23 Mar 2007 13:02

My 4 yr old keeps asking me when he came come along to a game and I have been considering taking him to sit on my lap. Only problem is I look around me at games and there's barely enough room for me, let alone a 4 yr old too!

I was talking to a friend about it and she said that they had taken their young lad to the Chelsea reserve game recently, which I thought was a great idea. Lots of benefits

- You can find out if they have the patience to sit and watch a game without ruining an important Premiership match.

- Less people so they can have their own seat and not annoy all the people who hate people with kids.

- More chance of getting to see Kingsley (which is all my lad is really interested in)

- If he gets bored you can leave in the middle of the game, as my friend did in this case.

All in all a good way to test the whole situation, only downside of course is that reserve games are in the evening and it means them being late to bed.

Cheers, Arthur.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Mar 2007 13:56

fridays child Because it gives the kid a seat to sit on, rather than a lap.

I'd rather save £170 and have him on my lap, to be honest....

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 14:03

Arthur
Other major benefit of reserve games is that it will cost you a max of £3 and with a little planning should cost you nothing...
Makes leaving at half time less painful.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Mar 2007 14:07

Arthur Pint My 4 yr old keeps asking me when he came come along to a game and I have been considering taking him to sit on my lap. Only problem is I look around me at games and there's barely enough room for me, let alone a 4 yr old too!

I was talking to a friend about it and she said that they had taken their young lad to the Chelsea reserve game recently, which I thought was a great idea. Lots of benefits

- You can find out if they have the patience to sit and watch a game without ruining an important Premiership match.

- Less people so they can have their own seat and not annoy all the people who hate people with kids.

- More chance of getting to see Kingsley (which is all my lad is really interested in)

- If he gets bored you can leave in the middle of the game, as my friend did in this case.

All in all a good way to test the whole situation, only downside of course is that reserve games are in the evening and it means them being late to bed.

Cheers, Arthur.

For the majority of people I would agree that this would be a sensible way forward but stupidly on my part I now live 230 miles away!

I take your point though, particularly if there is a home reserve game during school holiday time.

Another good test is how well they sit through a film at the cinema. If that normally goes well then there is a good chance they will be o.k for much of the game.

Jelly2

Re: Young children - tickets?

by Jelly2 » 02 Aug 2016 14:28

Hi, guys! It's well-known that the majority of children are hyperactive and it takes many efforts for teachers to explain lessons at school if you're anxious about this problem, address to http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/main- ... the-lesson

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

Re:

by tee peg » 02 Aug 2016 16:55

Harps stay sharp Don't do it.

About 18 is right IMO