Scousers in the home end

214 posts
papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 08 Apr 2007 15:08

Kajagoogoo And i presume you are refering to apes when you talk about knuckle draggers,sounds racist to me,tut tut

:shock:

errrr

oi john

by oi john » 08 Apr 2007 17:11

I'm a Liverpool fan and have my own Reading card as I go the games with my best mate. I tried to get tickets in our end yesterday but forgot to book them for my particular season ticket day of sale. So we tried to get them in your end. Failed.

If we had, no way would I support Liverpool. It's an insult to your fans. Yeah sure I wouldnt of jumped about when you scored, I would just clap and smile. Fans that go in the oppo end and cheer should be thrown out.

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 08 Apr 2007 17:51

I am incensed by the idiots on here who have suggested that 25,000 is about enough capacity for Reading fans.

I have a Season ticket myself but I have 3 brothers who have followed this club for years since the late 70s, who now live away from Reading, cannot afford a season ticket but would love to go to more games.

They have been at every major event in the clubs recent history, Newport away, Div III Championship, Wembley - Simod, Div 2 Champions, Wembley - Bolton, Cardiff - Play Off Final, Brentford away and Leicester away... but if you cant commit £500 to a season ticket it is almost impossible to get tickets these days.

It incenses me that as a Reading fan you could contemplate giving up your ticket to a Liverpool fan who acted the way some did yesterday.

The club must act, by immediately banning those RFC STHs who allowed their tickets to fall into the hands of oppossing fans who failed to behave with respect. Thereafter these seats could be re-allocated for the remaining games of the season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Apr 2007 17:54

Peter Kay - Top of the To The club must act, by immediately banning those RFC STHs who allowed their tickets to fall into the hands of oppossing fans who failed to behave with respect. Thereafter these seats could be re-allocated for the remaining games of the season.

Agreed, but can you really see RFC doing anything about this? As long as the seats are sold they couldn't give a damn.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Apr 2007 17:55

Peter Kay - Top of the To but if you cant commit £500 to a season ticket it is almost impossible to get tickets these days.

Really? I thought 2,500 were available on a match by match basis?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Apr 2007 17:56

floyd__streete
Peter Kay - Top of the To The club must act, by immediately banning those RFC STHs who allowed their tickets to fall into the hands of oppossing fans who failed to behave with respect. Thereafter these seats could be re-allocated for the remaining games of the season.

Agreed, but can you really see RFC doing anything about this? As long as the seats are sold they couldn't give a damn.

Not actually true - they are and do take action. Maybe not on the one-off occasion, but when it's clear that someone is regularly selling on tickets the club will come down on them like a ton of bricks!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Apr 2007 18:04

Jerry St Clair
Peter Kay - Top of the To but if you cant commit £500 to a season ticket it is almost impossible to get tickets these days.

You missed the part where he said every major event in recent history.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 08 Apr 2007 18:06

Jerry St Clair

Even for the big games you need about 70 points.

What's that?
10 games over the last few seasons....

Big Dan

by Big Dan » 08 Apr 2007 18:06

i was in the spurs end the other day,and i cheered like mad when they scored their 2 disallowed goals!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Apr 2007 18:14

Was anyone else listening to 606 last night? If so, was I right in hearing a Liverpool supporter stating that little clubs like Reading are not ready for the invasion of the number of fans that Liverpool bring? He appeared to imply that Reading is too small a club for the Premier League.

I was not sure that was what he said, but it sounded that way to me. If so, perhaps a Liverpool fan could explain why they are any different to the other clubs in this league. It seems to me that the Madejski has sold out for just about every game this season, and that no other fans seem to have had problems getting in on time.

Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Apr 2007 18:15

The 17 Bus
2 world wars, 1 world cup I've made my view clear that whilst it's fine for fans to come into the reading end if they *really* have to, it's definitely bang out of order to have such little respect for the local fans by proudly wearing your colours and cheering. It's stupid, unfair and disrespectful.

But ANYWAY.... it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.

The issue is this:

Agree or not the FACT is people WILL get hurt by coming into the home end wearing their own colours and cheering their team on. And whether you like it or not a significant proportion of Reading fans will have little sympathy for these guys getting physically hurt. Clearly therefore either way, it has got to stop. The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

They've already done well by kicking some out. Now they have to make sure they never come in in the first place.

At only 25000 seats we don't have enough seats for true royals to get to watch their own town.

would these be the true Royals that would not fill the ground just two seasons a go?????

Irrelevant.

They may well be plastics and part timers but at least they're READING plastics and part timers.

As I still maintain - rightly or wrongly, there WILL be trouble next time away fans sit in the home end.

And it'll be 100% the fault of the club for allowing it to happen.

The ball is in RFC's court.

Be tough on them or the fans will.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Apr 2007 18:29

West Stand Man Was anyone else listening to 606 last night? If so, was I right in hearing a Liverpool supporter stating that little clubs like Reading are not ready for the invasion of the number of fans that Liverpool bring? He appeared to imply that Reading is too small a club for the Premier League.

I was not sure that was what he said, but it sounded that way to me. If so, perhaps a Liverpool fan could explain why they are any different to the other clubs in this league. It seems to me that the Madejski has sold out for just about every game this season, and that no other fans seem to have had problems getting in on time.

Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

I didn't hear it, but I do know that they had special procedures for this game - they had barriers and were only letting away fans through them one at a time to stop them trying to crash two or three through the turnstile each time.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 08 Apr 2007 18:30

West Stand Man Was anyone else listening to 606 last night? If so, was I right in hearing a Liverpool supporter stating that little clubs like Reading are not ready for the invasion of the number of fans that Liverpool bring? He appeared to imply that Reading is too small a club for the Premier League.

It's not our fault there stupid is it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Apr 2007 18:31

savage 4 england

It's not our fault there stupid is it.

What can you say?!?

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 08 Apr 2007 18:33

:lol:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Apr 2007 18:34

West Stand Man Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

I don't recall any other group of away fans having these difficulties.

Could it be that Scousers are thicker than the average fan?

Madjic

by Madjic » 08 Apr 2007 18:36

Dirk Gently
floyd__streete

Not actually true - they are and do take action. Maybe not on the one-off occasion, but when it's clear that someone is regularly selling on tickets the club will come down on them like a ton of bricks!

What action exactly is the club taking? They may well "come down like a ton of bricks" on STH who allow away supporters to use their seats, but they are more interested in
A) making sure we all sit down and behave ourselves
B) Allowing away fans to stand throughout and even invade the pitch (a la Chelsea) with impunity
C) Knowingly admitting away fans to enter home supporters sections as long as they cover up their colours

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Apr 2007 18:38

Whatever you say. I just can't be arsed to argue the point, you obviously know so much......

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Apr 2007 18:39

Madjic C) Knowingly admitting away fans to enter home supporters sections as long as they cover up their colours

Which is a clear breach of the T&Cs of the sale of the ticket.

RFC in breaking their own rules shock!

GJ79

by GJ79 » 08 Apr 2007 19:19

It cant be that hard can it???? theres only 2 ways of sticking the ticket in!!!!! :shock:

214 posts