Hospitality Area In The East Stand

207 posts
STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 16 Apr 2007 15:37

bigmike
STAR Campaigns Not really the topic for a Fans' Forum - it's not something that SC will want to comment on tonight, for instance.

But see http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60152 for STAR's line on this.

Nice to see STAR have stuck true to form and decided to back the club rather than the supporters..

I hate to say it but in my opinion STAR reeks of I am in it for the kudos.

Now I know that not everyone that is involved with STAR is in it for themselves it certainly seems like it.
That's the biggest laugh of the day - an average of 8-10 hours a week spent on it, and all that we actually seem to get out of it is the chance to be abused by people who don't actually know any of the facts. If there is and kudos or rewards I've yet to see them!

bigmike Why place the hospitality in the stand that due to demand was the first one in the ground that had inforced reserved seating. Putting it in the south stand would make more sence. they could then connect the two areas thus also allowing access via the main hospitality enterance.
Someone else has already pointed out where you're wrong with this, so I won't bother.

bigmike On the matter of planning permission I cant see it being improved without arrangements for matchday parking being improved.
So why are you getting quite so excited over something that you don't think will actually happen?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Apr 2007 15:40

bigmike On the matter of planning permission I cant see it being improved without arrangements for matchday parking being improved.

Although Wembley got approved despite the fact that here is NO matchday parking !

The planning permission will be granted, no way will the council not back the stadium.

The plans include lots of stuff about transport arrangements and there is no way the club can increase the already vast number of parking spaces they provide.

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 16 Apr 2007 15:45

I would have thought the location would have been obvious. Boxes on the half way line sell for more than those behind the goals, whereas the seats all costs the same.

Someone mentioned about the cost per square yard, well the usefulness of the space away from the viewing area is much less, so although they take up more room, as most is away from the pitch that room would only otherwise be used for Joe Bloggs supping his £3 pint. Much better to have Cuthbert drinking his £7 G&T there. What is more Cuthbert will probably skip the game and then have a few more £7 G&Ts.

I expect this area will be suitably cordoned off as it will be full of away fans, most of whom will be drinking, and anyone who believes that Hospitality people will behave better than the average fan is naive in the extreme.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 16 Apr 2007 15:47

Skyline
bigmike
STAR Campaigns Not really the topic for a Fans' Forum - it's not something that SC will want to comment on tonight, for instance.

But see http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60152 for STAR's line on this.

Nice to see STAR have stuck true to form and decided to back the club rather than the supporters..

I hate to say it but in my opinion STAR reeks of I am in it for the kudos.

Now I know that not everyone that is involved with STAR is in it for themselves it certainly seems like it.

Nothing to stop you standing for election to the STAR board if you want to try and change things.

bigmike Why place the hospitality in the stand that due to demand was the first one in the ground that had inforced reserved seating.

And now you're re-writing history. The West (Upper and Lower) have always been reserved, and the North was reserved before the East was. In fact, IIRC, the North was only made unreserved when the East was made reserved, because the club wanted to encourage the singers to move to the North stand.

So they had reserved seating in the North Stand when it was pretty much empty????

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Apr 2007 15:54

Royal Fleet I expect this area will be suitably cordoned off as it will be full of away fans, most of whom will be drinking, and anyone who believes that Hospitality people will behave better than the average fan is naive in the extreme.

Read through and you'll see this isn't the case as it appears to be more of a "platinum lounge" for STHs willing to pay a premium.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 16 Apr 2007 15:58

Royal Fleet I would have thought the location would have been obvious. Boxes on the half way line sell for more than those behind the goals, whereas the seats all costs the same.

Someone mentioned about the cost per square yard, well the usefulness of the space away from the viewing area is much less, so although they take up more room, as most is away from the pitch that room would only otherwise be used for Joe Bloggs supping his £3 pint. Much better to have Cuthbert drinking his £7 G&T there. What is more Cuthbert will probably skip the game and then have a few more £7 G&Ts.

I expect this area will be suitably cordoned off as it will be full of away fans, most of whom will be drinking, and anyone who believes that Hospitality people will behave better than the average fan is naive in the extreme.

Go back and re-read the last page, please!
There wont be any boxes, and it will be for home fans only.

Geez!!!

Here:

Dirk Gently You're all assuming that this "hospitality area" will take the form of Executive Boxes like those on the West side.

But as I understand them this is actually an area for East Stand ST holders (i.e. home fans only) to pay a little extra and have access to a nicer area than the concourses (e.g. bar area, carpet on the floor, view of the pitch etc).

But definitely not Exec boxes where potentially away fans might be.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 16 Apr 2007 16:00

Silver Fox
Royal Fleet I expect this area will be suitably cordoned off as it will be full of away fans, most of whom will be drinking, and anyone who believes that Hospitality people will behave better than the average fan is naive in the extreme.

Read through and you'll see this isn't the case as it appears to be more of a "platinum lounge" for STHs willing to pay a premium.

Sorry but I think this is one of the most hair brianed lets rip off the fans schemes that they have ever come up with.. But its ok because if you dont want to pay the extra they put you up to the top of the stand....

Symposium

by Symposium » 16 Apr 2007 16:01

Dirk Gently You're all assuming that this "hospitality area" will take the form of Executive Boxes like those on the West side.

But as I understand them this is actually an area for East Stand ST holders (i.e. home fans only) to pay a little extra and have access to a nicer area than the concourses (e.g. bar area, carpet on the floor, view of the pitch etc).

This hasn't been confirmed anywhere, so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. But I hope this is the case. Would be nice to have somewhere decent, even if you have to pay an extra £50 per season, or something. And hopefully the club will give lifetime free upgrades to all those move due to its building! :P

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 16 Apr 2007 16:03

Symposium

This hasn't been confirmed anywhere, so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. But I hope this is the case. Would be nice to have somewhere decent, even if you have to pay an extra £50 per season, or something. And hopefully the club will give lifetime free upgrades to all those move due to its building! :P

But DG is one of a few that does actually have his ear to the floor and I would think there is quite a lot of substance to his post than lack of.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Apr 2007 16:31

bigmike
Sorry but I think this is one of the most hair brianed lets rip off the fans schemes that they have ever come up with.. But its ok because if you dont want to pay the extra they put you up to the top of the stand....

Or is it offering a bit of choice ?
Other lcubs have a variety of options for how you watch the game - various 'club memberships', lounges etc that you can use if you want to. We've already got it to some extent with the Upper West.

From what we know it doesn't seem to involve huge numbers of seats and the 'hare brained' approach seems to be from those going crazy on the basis of no info. How do you conclude anyone would be moved to the top of the stand ????

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 16 Apr 2007 16:38

Latest from the official site:

As part of the proposed redevelopment of the East Stand, the Club is considering the conversion of a central section of existing seating into matchday hospitality.

The redevelopment would not come into force until the start of the 2008/9 season at the earliest, and we can guarantee that any supporter whose current seat may become unavailable would be compensated and given first priority on selecting a new seat.

We would like to stress that it is too early to specify which seats would be involved, and all affected supporters would be individually contacted as soon as more advanced plans became available.

Due to the central location of the area, we recognise that many of the people who may be affected are among our most loyal and long-standing supporters, and we sincerely apologise to anyone who would be affected as we continue to develop the stadium and take the Club forward.

We will endeavour to keep supporters fully informed, but if you have any queries at this stage please contact the Customer Service department on 0118 968 1211.As part of the proposed redevelopment of the East Stand, the Club is considering the conversion of a central section of existing seating into matchday hospitality.

The redevelopment would not come into force until the start of the 2008/9 season at the earliest, and we can guarantee that any supporter whose current seat may become unavailable would be compensated and given first priority on selecting a new seat.

We would like to stress that it is too early to specify which seats would be involved, and all affected supporters would be individually contacted as soon as more advanced plans became available.

Due to the central location of the area, we recognise that many of the people who may be affected are among our most loyal and long-standing supporters, and we sincerely apologise to anyone who would be affected as we continue to develop the stadium and take the Club forward.

We will endeavour to keep supporters fully informed, but if you have any queries at this stage please contact the Customer Service department on 0118 968 1211.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 16 Apr 2007 16:39

As I said on the Star thread those who seem to be getting the most excited, without any real information (because it has not been agreed or finalised), have previously purchased SEASON tickets which is exactly what it says on the box. RFC would have no need to consult but have agreed to do so at the appropriate time. What is the problem?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Apr 2007 16:43

Y/coat I am sure you are right technically, but the club do trade very heavily on loyalty, ofeering renewal priority to existing STH etc. They want people to keep buying their seat, and as fans we do get very possessive of our favourite seat,
I think consultation is essential but the club seem aware and as long as STAR keep an eye on things I'd hope it can be dealt with properly.

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 16 Apr 2007 16:48

That does not bear any relation to what is being shown on the plans though, which clearly has the seats taken out. If the plan was just to replace the existing seats with the padded variety and have a private concourse behind, why show that on the plans.

What is shown on the plans is all of the seats in that area removed to show either a disabled area (like that is going to happen) or 'Corporate Hospitality' depending on which version of the plans you look at. If this is now what the club is planning, why put it in the plans.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 16 Apr 2007 16:57

I agree with Behindu but I thought it worth pointing out to those throwing their toys out of the pram what they had actually purchased. Royal Fleet - as has been said a number of times on here these are not detailed plans and no final decisions have yet been taken. Wait until there is something real to discuss.

quinnsleftfoot

by quinnsleftfoot » 16 Apr 2007 17:10

So what you are saying Yellowcoat is to wait until the final plans have all been drawn up and finalised and then voice your complaint when its all too late. The time for consultation with the fans about the new design should be now when something can actually be done about it. However it seems that Reading FC have already made their minds up about what to do with the space. My only surprise is that it doesn't go all the way along the East stand. Watch this space.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 16 Apr 2007 17:16

So we shouldn't worry about it untill it is finalised???

Bit like saying I wont put petrol in my car today as it hasn't run out of fuel yet... Surely once its finalised its too late to change... Maybe my understanding of the word finalised is wrong :roll:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 16 Apr 2007 17:22

bigmike So we shouldn't worry about it untill it is finalised???

Bit like saying I wont put petrol in my car today as it hasn't run out of fuel yet... Surely once its finalised its too late to change... Maybe my understanding of the word finalised is wrong :roll:

Ring the club on the number I posted then. That's what it's there for!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 16 Apr 2007 17:23

Coppelled Streets

Is this not a discussion forum then?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 16 Apr 2007 17:29

bigmike
Coppelled Streets

Is this not a discussion forum then?

And discussing it on here will do what?

The number is there for a reason, use it!

207 posts