Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

140 posts
readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fans who travelled today

by readingbedding » 20 Apr 2008 01:25

Great...another my Dad's bigger than your Dad thread.
Cocks out...

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 20 Apr 2008 09:49

is it true that the trophy cabinet at the emirates has been bought on a sale or return basis?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2008 09:52

Tamworth_Royal
AthleticoSpizz and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

(I proudly sat down at Bury)

Here's another one for you Spizz, were you a member of the 12 at Exeter open terrace 1981 ish who proudly sat down singing to the Gap bands "oop's up side head" but altered it to "stick up boot up city's arse""stick up boot up city's arse" Don't ever question me as a Royals fan, Bury...... pa..that was full of support

You were singing it wrong then - it was " stick A boot up City's arse" - HTH Mr Top Fan.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Apr 2008 10:18

Tamworth_Royal Disappeared 10 mins before half time and 15 mins before full time, sat the whole game on your arses when it’s traditional at Arsenal to stand the match. 3000 away fans LOL more like 30 Silent……. Oh so Silent ……. Piss poor singing support….. A disgrace ……. Full of old farts and total plastics in awe of Arsenal

Get over yourself you crushing bore.

Reading don't have 3,000 passionate travelling fans desperate to sing their hearts out. But 3,000 went and quite a few sung.

Personally, i'm more interested in what happened on the pitch rather than obsessing about how our fans look to a bunch of silent home fans. Seriously, why does anyone give a toss?

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 20 Apr 2008 10:51

Great thread- :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 20 Apr 2008 11:01

Reading fans > Arsenal fans.

Great atmosphere yesterday inside the Emirates. :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Apr 2008 11:02

Tamworth_Royal Disappeared 10 mins before half time and 15 mins before full time, sat the whole game on your arses when it’s traditional at Arsenal to stand the match. 3000 away fans LOL more like 30 Silent……. Oh so Silent ……. Piss poor singing support….. A disgrace ……. Full of old farts and total plastics in awe of Arsenal

Get bent.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 20 Apr 2008 12:55

Given how embarrassing some of our vocal suporters are I am not surprised that most remained silent and seated. If you were one of those chanting "You have won F*** all this year" and "your support is F***ing Sh*t" do you realise how patheticly childish it sounds sung to a team that has won countless trophies and fills a 60,000 stadium? No wonder we are a laughing stock in the Prem.
Last edited by North Somerset Royal on 20 Apr 2008 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 20 Apr 2008 13:08

North Somerset Royal No wonder we are a laughing stock in the Prem.
We are?

Find me anything anywhere, outside the self-flagellating minds of some on this site, that even hints at that being true.

And for 57,000 Arsenal fans, their support was utterly shit. The atmosphere was appalling. The most noise they made was banging the folded cardboard strips everyone person got given free, in an effort to try and make them generate some noise. Imagine the howls of anguish if we'd given those out at the madejski.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 Apr 2008 13:16

It was summed up by a father and with his to boys wearing Arsenal shirts in front of me. I don't have kids myself but if I did there is no way I would have let that happen. I don't have a problem with people following a big four team as long as when they play Reading you support your home town club for christ sake.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Apr 2008 16:17

Rev Algenon Stickleback H And for 57,000 Arsenal fans, their support was utterly shit. The atmosphere was appalling. The most noise they made was banging the folded cardboard strips everyone person got given free, in an effort to try and make them generate some noise. Imagine the howls of anguish if we'd given those out at the madejski.

Quite right as usual, Rev. An Arsenal supporting work contact of mine sent a despairing text message to me during the game bemoaning how appaling their support is. If you can't get excited challenging for top honours and watching some of the best football played in the country then you really have got a problem.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Apr 2008 16:23

I was busy having a bit of banter with some Arsenal fans near me and eating my pot of maltesers!

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 20 Apr 2008 16:43

ghey.

in awe of arsenal?

who wasnt?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Apr 2008 17:02

Tamworth_Royal
AthleticoSpizz and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

(I proudly sat down at Bury)

I go back far far further than you, try Tranmere Friday night 1982 20 fans
You've supported Reading that long and yet your surprised by our support?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Apr 2008 17:08

Don't see why people can complain about our fans when we are the ones who actually put effort into going to the games.

Kes

by Kes » 20 Apr 2008 17:19

Lots of empty seats at the Emirates.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Apr 2008 17:21

Jackson Corner It was summed up by a father and with his to boys wearing Arsenal shirts in front of me. I don't have kids myself but if I did there is no way I would have let that happen. I don't have a problem with people following a big four team as long as when they play Reading you support your home town club for christ sake.

Same here, 3 kids and a dad, 2 of the kids were wearing arsenal shirts and the other kid was a reading fan and then they started talking to these other boys and 1 of them was arsenal fan and the other 3 was reading!!!

Knaresborough Royal

by Knaresborough Royal » 20 Apr 2008 17:49

I went to the game yesterday mate, travelled down from York, got to King's Cross to be greated by 50/60 coppers who tried to confuse us with thugish leeds fans! Oh and i've got a season ticket too,so i travel down to the mad stad every other week! Aswell as going to countless away games! Am i considered worthy enough to considered a 'proper fan'?

Well mate i don't care you cnut!

Worry about whether you might get the chance to go to the emirates next year, or maybe we'll get to go Brunton Park! Or is that too far away from your Chelsea home?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Apr 2008 17:58

Knaresborough Royal I went to the game yesterday mate, travelled down from York, got to King's Cross to be greated by 50/60 coppers who tried to confuse us with thugish leeds fans! Oh and i've got a season ticket too,so i travel down to the mad stad every other week! Aswell as going to countless away games! Am i considered worthy enough to considered a 'proper fan'?

Well mate i don't care you cnut!

Worry about whether you might get the chance to go to the emirates next year, or maybe we'll get to go Brunton Park! Or is that too far away from your Chelsea home?

feck off newbie :wink:

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 20 Apr 2008 18:22

And our support was still better than theirs!

Half their stadium was empty...

And i could hear number 13 through the 106 radio stream...

So it cant of been that bad...

140 posts