The best idea ever!

110 posts
RTFC Drummer

The best idea ever!

by RTFC Drummer » 16 May 2008 19:05

People often complain about the poor atmosphere at Mad Stand but I have come up with an idea to solve this and make it the best atmosphere in the Championship. The club should send surveys to each season ticket holder and fans what have membership cards. They then ask them: Are you vocal at matches and sing all day long? Do you sing and chant no matter what the score is? Do you go to away games and sing as loud as you can? Do often told to sit down when you’re chanting for the Royals? Are you a committed fan who will chant and sing even if Reading goes down?

Then after everyone has completed the survey the clubs then choose were to seat the fans who chant and sing all day long to make the best possible atmosphere at Reading FC. You then put have other sections were people do chant occasionally and some fans who don't chant at all. This is so the place is a electric no matter what the score is and not more like a power cut.

What do you think of the idea?
Last edited by RTFC Drummer on 23 May 2008 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: The best idea ever!

by Alan Partridge » 16 May 2008 19:10

I think your a fcuking tedious cnut.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 16 May 2008 19:18

Alan Partridge I think your a fcuking tedious cnut.

I think.... AP is right

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 16 May 2008 19:19

Listen to this it may help your stress releif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 May 2008 19:20

Think we will all get oxygen masks when we reach the dizzy heights of the playoffs. Or not :roll: Does that help. ditto - boring rehash. how many ways to ask the same question. :shock:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 16 May 2008 19:21

I also agree with AP, feck off back to no where.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 16 May 2008 19:23

royalexile Think we will all get oxygen masks when we reach the dizzy heights of the playoffs. Or not :roll: Does that help. ditto - boring rehash. how many ways to ask the same question. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmdByN6gS8Y

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 16 May 2008 19:27

londinium

I think.... AP is right

'greed

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 16 May 2008 19:28

Alan Partridge RTFC Drummer - The worst poster on the internet, on any forum anywhere in the world. A fine effort.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 16 May 2008 19:29

Shoot, I was hoping this was a suggestion for Reading FC to play Reading Town FC in a friendly at Scours Lane. Now *THAT* would have been the best suggestion ever. This is merely a distant third. Second of course is handing out a free promotional drum to all pcunts in attendance. :lol:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 May 2008 19:31

I have a better idea.

Stick your cock in a blender and press the button.

Please.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 May 2008 19:35

I thought he was going to announce his permanent withdrawal from HNA. Oh well.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 May 2008 19:41

RTFC Drummer People often complain about the poor atmosphere at Mad Stand but I have come up with an idea to solve this and make it the best atmosphere in the Championship. The club should send surveys to each season ticket holder and fans what have membership cards. They then ask them: Are you vocal at matches and sing all day long? Do you sing and chant no matter what the score is? Do you go to away games and sing as loud as you can? Do often told to sit down when you’re chanting for the Royals? Are you a committed fan who will chant and sing even if Reading goes down?

Then after everyone has completed the survey the clubs then choose were to seat the fans who chant and sing all day long to make the best possible atmosphere at Reading FC. You then put have other sections were people do chant occasionally and some fans who don't chant at all. This is so the place is a electric no matter what the score is and not more like a power cut.

What do you think of the idea?

It's sad but I know for some reason you're going to get abuse for this but don't know why.

I think it's an excellent idea. Good post.

The atmosphere at the Madstad has never been anywhere near as good as the Southbank BUT it used to pretty good BEFORE THE DAYS OF RESERVED SEATING.

I've harped on about this countless times only for it to be above most peoples' heads.

Reserved seating, season tickets = random people sitting in random parts based on where they'd rather watch the match from, rather than anyone sitting (or better still standing) where they like and chanters drifting towards eachother and chant areas developing.

Anyone who was a regular around the Pants Day era will know that we had a very good atmosphere evolving at the Madstad. Reserved seating was a quantum dent in that.

One way therefore that the negative effect of reserved seating can be lessened is to do exactly as you suggest. It would even benefit people who would rather not be around chanting because of kids etc. An excellent idea, which someone at the club should take seriously. It may be a little too anal or difficult to organise but I certainly think such a suggestion is a step in the right direction.

Because the fact remains (and I didn't post this at the time so as not to be negative during the relegation battle) that we do not deserve to be in the Premiership AT ALL, the way we are at home. We just don't have the passion. 137 years of history and NOTHING to show for it at home. It's a disgrace. Any suggestion is welcome.

Reading till I die.

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 16 May 2008 19:51

im agreeing with RTFC drummer!
I would b really pleased if the club done a servey,
and put the old boring people together ( AP) ;)
and put the people who atchually want 2 creat an atmosphere together :D

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 16 May 2008 19:59

There is an element of what you're suggesting anyway. Fans who've been going for a while would know where to sit if they wanted a bit of a sing song or a bit of a kip. If you're sat in the south right next to the away fans - it may sound a bit shit!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 16 May 2008 20:20

The best idea ever would be free booze and petrol 8)

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 May 2008 20:44

It'll never work.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 16 May 2008 20:57

Sarah Star It'll never work.

Oh i don't know about that!!!!!!!!!! The only way the atmosphere is going to be better is if you have sections for differnet people

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 May 2008 21:02

You had me at "Mad Stand".

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 16 May 2008 21:10

Row Z Royal You had me at "Mad Stand".

WTF

110 posts