New half season tickets

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

New half season tickets

by Forbury Lion » 05 Nov 2008 13:38

Reading FC are the first club in the country to cater specifically for the fans who either turn up late of leave early by offering half season tickets for either the first half of games of the second half.

S09Royal

Re: New half season tickets

by S09Royal » 05 Nov 2008 19:04

Right... :roll:

Now could you please translate that?

Or maybe i just can't read properly :roll:

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 05 Nov 2008 19:06

S09Royal Right... :roll:

+1.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 05 Nov 2008 20:06

The_Cat

+1.

i think he's trying to be humourous - though i'm still not sure...

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 05 Nov 2008 20:14

M U R T Y
The_Cat

+1.

i think he's trying to be humourous - though i'm still not sure...

:roll:
I'm a girl mate. And i wasn't being humourous...i'm being serious!
Unless, of course, you're not even talking about what i said...in that case, i'm confused.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 05 Nov 2008 20:17

you are - i was referring to the orginal post - but i didn't quote proerly! :roll:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 05 Nov 2008 20:17

I often arrive late (due to work) and leave early (to make sure I'm in the car for the BBCRB phone in).

Can I get this ticket as long as I'm only in the ground for 45 minutes of the game ?

How do they check ?

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 05 Nov 2008 20:25

M U R T Y you are - i was referring to the orginal post - but i didn't quote proerly! :roll:

Ahhhhh right, gotcha.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 05 Nov 2008 23:53

that would never work. How are they gonna find the people who have only paid for 1 half amongst thousands of people and chuck them out?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 06 Nov 2008 01:01

SLAMMED that would never work. How are they gonna find the people who have only paid for 1 half amongst thousands of people and chuck them out?

Easy - coloured wrist bands. Like swimming pools used to use.

Morph

by Morph » 06 Nov 2008 07:40

That Friday Feeling
SLAMMED that would never work. How are they gonna find the people who have only paid for 1 half amongst thousands of people and chuck them out?

Easy - coloured wrist bands. Like swimming pools used to use.

"Blue bands, blue bands, your time is up. Please leave the stands, thank you" :lol:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 06 Nov 2008 18:22

That Friday Feeling

Easy- coloured wrist bands. Like swimming pools used to use.

yeh, they stopped that at our local pool because of flaws. After going 4 times i had all four colours. brang them all with me to the pool and changed over when my time was up.

And anyway, you think that people are going to come topless? So the steward is gonna check under every persons sleves? What a "GREAT" idea. You are a genius! :roll:

Unless they are going to force people to come in swimming trunks from now on, i appologise.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 07 Nov 2008 00:41

how about ....

everyone with a first half season ticket wears an orange away top

everyone with a second half season tickket wears a black and grey away top

everyone with a full season ticket is to wear a home top

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Nov 2008 07:52

Why not extend the idea and sell match tickets for either the first half or the second half of the match? People who don't want to have to wait until the final whistle could buy a ticket just for the first half and leave at half time, and people who only come to watch Shane Long play could buy tickets for the second half only.

66DD

by 66DD » 07 Nov 2008 08:14

They'll implement this by moving some existing full season ticket holders (i.e. the few that want to see both halves of the games) to other parts of the stadium to establish a block specifically for the half season ticket holders. Then at half time the seats in this block will be retracted causing those in these seats to have to stand, so that the stewards can throw them out. When the section has been cleared the seats will be reinstated for the second half tickets holders to take their places.

The other thing that the club is considering introducing to boost income is season and a half tickets; specifically aimed at those who take their seats 45 minutes or so before kick-off to watch the players warm-up and to listen to the tannoyed music.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Nov 2008 10:31

Best post on this thread 66DD

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 07 Nov 2008 10:58

SLAMMED
That Friday Feeling

Easy- coloured wrist bands. Like swimming pools used to use.

yeh, they stopped that at our local pool because of flaws. After going 4 times i had all four colours. brang them all with me to the pool and changed over when my time was up.

And anyway, you think that people are going to come topless? So the steward is gonna check under every persons sleves? What a "GREAT" idea. You are a genius! :roll:

Unless they are going to force people to come in swimming trunks from now on, i appologise.

You're for real aren't you? :lol:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 07 Nov 2008 13:57

That Friday Feeling
SLAMMED

You're for real aren't you? :lol:

I sure am

URZ_forever

by URZ_forever » 22 Nov 2008 12:52

66DD They'll implement this by moving some existing full season ticket holders (i.e. the few that want to see both halves of the games) to other parts of the stadium to establish a block specifically for the half season ticket holders. Then at half time the seats in this block will be retracted causing those in these seats to have to stand, so that the stewards can throw them out. When the section has been cleared the seats will be reinstated for the second half tickets holders to take their places.

The other thing that the club is considering introducing to boost income is season and a half tickets; specifically aimed at those who take their seats 45 minutes or so before kick-off to watch the players warm-up and to listen to the tannoyed music.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1