Southampton fans

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Southampton fans

by Jerry St Clair » 22 Nov 2008 18:19

Surprisingly boistrous turnout from the Saints. Huge numbers of gobby 15 year olds around the hotel before the game. It was obviously their big away day of the season.

But, apart from the gobshites, it was good to see around 50% of the away support standing throughout the game.

Royalshow

Re: Southampton fans

by Royalshow » 22 Nov 2008 18:29

There was a mob of about 30-40 Southampton fans walking past the bus stops singing,although the average age looked to be about 14.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Nov 2008 19:54

All appeared to join in with our minute of respect.

The biggest gate of the season, the biggest away following, a local game........... a bad team day.......it was all too easy for them.

chandog

by chandog » 22 Nov 2008 19:56

Royalshow There was a mob of about 30-40 Southampton fans walking past the bus stops singing,although the average age looked to be about 14.

plus those four young guys who came down the bank for a piss :lol:

i think the saints fans enthusiasm was only increased by our fans lack of interest in supporting the team
people seem to expect to turn up and the team to play perfectly every game
and when they are playing badly no one is willing to even try and get behind the team by singing or encouraging

i have got home and nearly lost my voice completely because me and a few of my mates and the people around us were constantly singing but no on joined in. and i am supposed to be one of these plastic fans who has only supported the club for our successful years and who should not be interested in the club now we are out of the premiership.

imo you cant call yourself a proper fan on the basis that you have followed the club for a long time. you should be turning up and be ready to get behind the team because they do need us to give them a lift when things arent going well

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Nov 2008 20:54

My next door neighbour is a Southampton season ticket holder. He went today and came back home singing Southampton songs.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 22 Nov 2008 21:55

LoyalRoyalFan My next door neighbour is a Southampton season ticket holder. He went today and came back home singing Southampton songs.

Thanks for that

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 Nov 2008 08:16

chandog

That's a good use for all the unwantred banks tbh

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 23 Nov 2008 13:38

chandog
Royalshow There was a mob of about 30-40 Southampton fans walking past the bus stops singing,although the average age looked to be about 14.

i think the saints fans enthusiasm was only increased by our fans lack of interest in supporting the team
people seem to expect to turn up and the team to play perfectly every game
and when they are playing badly no one is willing to even try and get behind the team by singing or encouraging

i have got home and nearly lost my voice completely because me and a few of my mates and the people around us were constantly singing but no on joined in. and i am supposed to be one of these plastic fans who has only supported the club for our successful years and who should not be interested in the club now we are out of the premiership.

imo you cant call yourself a proper fan on the basis that you have followed the club for a long time. you should be turning up and be ready to get behind the team because they do need us to give them a lift when things arent going well

Well done lad, im so pleased for you. Give yourself a large egoistic pat on the back.

Now F.U.C.K OFF

66DD

by 66DD » 23 Nov 2008 16:00

The 17 Bus
chandog

That's a good use for all the unwantred banks tbh

I suppose it's better than converting them to "trendy wine bars".

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 23 Nov 2008 16:18

AthleticoSpizz All appeared to join in with our minute of respect.

The biggest gate of the season, the biggest away following, a local game........... a bad team day.......it was all too easy for them.

Mmm.
Seems like Reading don't like playing infront of Sky (QPR) or Big Crowds (Yesterdays match)
I hope im proved wrong when we play Coventry a week tomorrow...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Nov 2008 17:04

S09Royal

Mmm.
Seems like Reading don't like playing infront of Sky (QPR) or Big Crowds (Yesterdays match)

One flaw in your logic is that they spent two seaons in the premiership playing in front of 50'000+ fans, and performed well. On sky numerous times also winning.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 23 Nov 2008 18:13

bobby1413
S09Royal

Mmm.

One flaw in your logic is that they spent two seaons in the premiership playing in front of 50'000+ fans, and performed well. On sky numerous times also winning.

True, but i was only referring to the happenings of this season so far.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Nov 2008 19:43

There were largish crowds at Wolves and Bristol and we did OK....

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 23 Nov 2008 21:19

Sun Tzu There were largish crowds at Wolves and Bristol and we did OK....

Okay, but i was mainly referring to yesterdays match. maybe a narrow minded opinion :roll: sorry.

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 23 Nov 2008 21:50

S09Royal

Mmm.

I hope we don't end up at Wembley then!

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 24 Nov 2008 13:37

Jerry St Clair Surprisingly boistrous turnout from the Saints. Huge numbers of gobby 15 year olds around the hotel before the game. It was obviously their big away day of the season.

Slightly more than boistrous in the bus queues and on the buses. The police apparently told them the buses were free, so large numbers were quite cheesed off to find out they were £3.50.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Nov 2008 14:03

Gloria Gooner Slightly more than boistrous in the bus queues and on the buses. The police apparently told them the buses were free, so large numbers were quite cheesed off to find out they were £3.50.

Are you sure the "police" wasn't actually a tall ginger lad telling them to show a debit card receipt to jib a free ride back?

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 24 Nov 2008 14:19

:lol: No I'm not. There was somebody getting arrested for assault while I was waiting for the bus back, with something about a forged ticket mentioned.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 24 Nov 2008 16:34

Apparently one of the "destination" buses (as oppopsed to the town buses) had broken down packed full of Royals and was there long after the other buses had gone. Saints fans thought it was a bus for town tried to get on and things got a bit naughty for a while. However, the situation was saved by a Saints fan trying to rush the door of the bus and in so doing knocked himself spark out cold. Both sides were laughing so much the ruck was avoided.

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 24 Nov 2008 16:47

I was tremendously impressed by your efforts in preventing those Southampton fans from pushing in at the front of the queue ayjaydee!