Saturdays Game off?

183 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Saturdays Game off?

by RG30 » 07 Jan 2010 16:11

I'm glad the club and the council took the decision now rather than Saturday morning, given that for the club it was the most attractive league game of the season and that I'm sure they were desperate to get the go ahead. Can't get a refund on my train tickets which is a bit of a murking on my part but that's the risk you take with cheap advance singles.

EPR

by EPR » 07 Jan 2010 16:18

Kitson12 Plus, apparently a frozen pitch is partly to blame for the postponement, according to SSN.

I thought we had some "state-of-the-art" hot things under the pitch.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 07 Jan 2010 16:22

Correct decision.

More sitting inside and looking at the white stuff through the windows.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 07 Jan 2010 16:29

EPR
Kitson12 Plus, apparently a frozen pitch is partly to blame for the postponement, according to SSN.

Pity we havent got a state of the art council,people in my Close havent moved their cars since Tuesday,bins wont be emptied yet again,bloody disgrace.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2010 16:51

EPR

I doubt they were designed to deal with freezing temperatures over an entire week and 8 inches of snow.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Jan 2010 16:53

Ian Royal
EPR

I doubt they were designed to deal with freezing temperatures over an entire week and 8 inches of snow.

If they were turned on why would you get 8 inches?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2010 16:58

8 inches of snowfall.

I have no idea how they work, I'm just suggesting they probably wouldmn't have been designed with this sort of extreme weather in mind, given how rare it is.

Can it be on the whole time? Did heated houses not get snow settling on their roofs? And don't tell me all houses have excellent insulation, plenty do, but not all.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 07 Jan 2010 17:12

ankeny Pity we havent got a state of the art council,people in my Close havent moved their cars since Tuesday,bins wont be emptied yet again,bloody disgrace.

Why don't some of the lazy oxf*rd in your close clear the snow then. How can you expect RBC to clear every street in the area?
I take it you have looked out the window in the past 2 days?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Jan 2010 17:21

ankeny Pity we havent got a state of the art council,people in my Close havent moved their cars since Tuesday,bins wont be emptied yet again,bloody disgrace.

So you'd be happy to pay the levels of Council Tax that would enable that level of service to be provided?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Jan 2010 17:30

In line with the club's customer charter

Refunds - tickets
Refunds are only given in the case of a match abandoned before kick-off when tickets cannot be used for the re-arranged date. Refunds will only be given if the Ticket Office is contacted at least 24 hours before the re-arranged kick-off and tickets are returned before the kick off.

With both teams still in the FA Cup and Newcastle likely to make the 4th Round, it could be a while before a date is confirmed.
Last edited by RG30 on 07 Jan 2010 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 07 Jan 2010 17:31

Some justification for the postponement on the OS now:
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1926205,00.html

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2010 17:33

RG30 In line with the club's customer character

Refunds - tickets
Refunds are only given in the case of a match abandoned before kick-off when tickets cannot be used for the re-arranged date. Refunds will only be given if the Ticket Office is contacted at least 24 hours before the re-arranged kick-off and tickets are returned before the kick off.

With both teams still in the FA Cup and Newcastle likely to make the 4th Round, it could be a while before a date is confirmed.

I can see myself getting totally stiffed on this one.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 07 Jan 2010 17:39

EPR

Prolonged use of under-soil heating kills the grass. You can't just switch it from November through til March, not to mention the cost of running it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2010 17:43

Royalshow
EPR

Prolonged use of under-soil heating kills the grass. You can't just switch it from November through til March, not to mention the cost of running it.

*smug mode*

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 07 Jan 2010 17:50

Ian Royal
EPR

I doubt SSN bothered to check. The game's off due to the snow. That much is obvious. Beyond that I doubt anyone at SSN really considered it necessary to hunt down the exact details.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Jan 2010 18:05

RBC are a disgrace. Don't stick up for them. This snow was forecast - they should have been ready, just like the week before Xmas. They weren't.

How long would it take to get a few snow ploughs around Reading, just driving round all day clearing the roads.........? I've seen two snow ploughs now and they haven't been ploughing anything, just driving down the road without their plough attachment up. Hardly any gritting either. Absolute shambles.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Jan 2010 18:49

Where were these vehicles, m8?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2010 19:02

Dirk Gently

So you'd be happy to pay the levels of Council Tax that would enable that level of service to be provided?
What.......just like the level of service that they used to provide?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 07 Jan 2010 19:23

Kitson12 No, but would rather be watching the game than sitting at home on Saturday.
Plus, apparently a frozen pitch is partly to blame for the postponement, according to SSN.

Get a life and do something else instead of just sitting at home then! :lol:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Jan 2010 19:30

Kitson12 No, but would rather be watching the game than sitting at home on Saturday.
Plus, apparently a frozen pitch is partly to blame for the postponement, according to SSN.

I know you are only quoting SSN but I can;t see how anything can be 'partly' to blame for it being called off.

If the pitch is frozen then that would be why it was called off.

However it seems that it was the amount of snow and ice around the stadium that was the reason, not the pitch.

183 posts