Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

118 posts

Renewing
70%
Buying for first time
2%
Not Renewing
23%
Depends on how this season finishes
5%

Total votes: 121
SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Mar 2010 02:39

Pretty simple really. After the seasons amazing turn around, how many of you will be renewing your season tickets next year?

I for one will be.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

by Rex » 28 Mar 2010 02:45

Didn't bother with home or away this season. Gradual outlay and all that. I'm quite happy just picking up my seat wherever i can. Away season ticket doesn't matter due to the points on my member card.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 28 Mar 2010 03:14

Why would I not? Anyone who doesn't renew is a oxf*rd.

Edit: Apart from Ian Royal, he's a Leg!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Mar 2010 03:27

W&E Royal Why would I not? Anyone who doesn't renew is a oxf*rd.

Bit harsh on the people who can't afford it/have other commitments.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 28 Mar 2010 04:03

I wish I could, but I wont be...for the first time in many seasons. I'll catch a game whenever possible, but life dictates this shit.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Mar 2010 08:04

A big hearty pat on the back for you my son.

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 28 Mar 2010 08:23

Undecided. I coach a youth football team and next season we are hoping to enter the Reading Football League. Matches in the RFL kick-off at 14:00 on a Saturday. This leaves me with a very tough decision on what to do next season. Ideally the club can tempt me by freezing the renewal price or perhaps offering a discounted rate to make the decision even more tricky!

Finch

by Finch » 28 Mar 2010 08:59

SLAMMED

Bit harsh on the people who can't afford it/have other commitments.

Or simply think that RFC is a dead end club.

Won't be renewing. What's the point? Been there done it, won't be beaten.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 28 Mar 2010 09:06

Depends on what they charge, if they think they can fleece the fans with a price rise then they can stuff it and I'll pick and choose my games.

under the tin

by under the tin » 28 Mar 2010 09:16

Finch Or simply think that RFC is a dead end club.

Won't be renewing. What's the point? Been there done it, won't be beaten.

Disagree with that. I'll renew.
Championship football is exciting (with the right manager) :wink:

Next year we will have the likes of Norwich, Leeds, Pompey, West ham, maybe the Scummers or even the Swine down here.

The "dead rubber" season is the one after next, should we get promoted. We REALLY CAN'T compete in the Prem.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 28 Mar 2010 09:31

I won't be buying a season ticket this year.....had one for many years from 1996/97, but I last had one in the 2006/2007 season . Living up north now, I go to far more away games anyway.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 28 Mar 2010 10:26

Whilst at uni I shall enjoy going to the odd home game over chirstmas/easter and going to as many away games as I can. So no.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 28 Mar 2010 10:46

The BDC family support Reading so the four of us will be watching them whatever league they are in. I have a dilemma though.

A oxf*rd sits nearby who thinks it's ok to call our players, particularly Sir James of Kebe, "oxf*rd tosser" at the top of his voice when failing to deliver perfection. Now obviously this "supporter" must be a perfect person, holding down the perfect job and with a perfect family to be able to be so critical when we are doing so well under Lord Macca. Should I confront him about his outbursts (becoming more and more likely tbh), ignore him, pity him or change my season ticket seat?

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 28 Mar 2010 11:02

Stupid question. Anyone that doesn't renew because of how successful we are not real fans.

Glory hunters can go elsewhere.

If people really can't afford it that's fair enough.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 28 Mar 2010 11:07

Bacon Double Cheese The BDC family support Reading so the four of us will be watching them whatever league they are in. I have a dilemma though.

A oxf*rd sits nearby who thinks it's ok to call our players, particularly Sir James of Kebe, "oxf*rd tosser" at the top of his voice when failing to deliver perfection. Now obviously this "supporter" must be a perfect person, holding down the perfect job and with a perfect family to be able to be so critical when we are doing so well under Lord Macca. Should I confront him about his outbursts (becoming more and more likely tbh), ignore him, pity him or change my season ticket seat?

Confront him now.

I was forced to change seat mid-season because of a whining woman behind us who fell out with my friends and a hyperactive spitting boy who sat next to me. It's oK, but you must have the argument first for closure.

You have to renew. Reading are brilliant again.

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 28 Mar 2010 11:13

Bacon Double Cheese The BDC family support Reading so the four of us will be watching them whatever league they are in. I have a dilemma though.

In my limited experience, I have found that there are oxf*rds such as the one you have described scattered throughout grounds all over the world. There even seems to be a system that prevents them sitting too close to each other - it would appear that football clubs try to guarantee that every supporter has one of these idiots sitting within earshot. Moving would, I fear, bring more (but different) frustration.

Confrontation is where it's at. You'll ruin the rest of his season if he knows there is someone who openly disagrees with him sitting not so far away. And chances are, you are not the only one who feels the way you do. Maybe he'll move as a result.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 28 Mar 2010 11:20

I work weekends for the most part, so no :roll:

John Peel

by John Peel » 28 Mar 2010 11:32

I think it's fair to say that the vast majority who come to this site are pretty ardent fans, so whatever the result it'll probably be skewed. I'd be really interested to see what happens to the other fans who renewed under the pretence we'd be challenging this year. I really hope this lot see that, with those coming down and the dire financial state of many football clubs, we're now in a great position for next year. And yes, Championship football can be a lot more entertaining whereas the Prem is mostly predictable.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Mar 2010 13:34

Never forget that every year there is a large turnover of STHs - even if the total number sold stays the same (which it won't!) about 10-15%% of people don't renew and another 10-15%% buy for the frst time - people's lives change (jobs, relationships, family, college, financial situation, etc)

But this might be interesting.

Virgin Money’s latest Football Fans’ Inflation Index, released today, shows that one in four season ticket holders is considering not renewing for next season in a bid to cut costs. Four percent plan on jacking their season ticket in altogether while 21 per cent say they will pick and choose whichever games suit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Mar 2010 15:03

I can't renew. I don't have one. I do have two legs though.

Can't afford the money to get a season ticket. I'd be looking at something like £1500 including travel. I already pay out half again as much as a season ticket costs just going to about 10 games.

In some ways I wish I'd never left Reading. I'd have had a season ticket for about 3 or 4 seasons now otherwise.

118 posts