England - the future....

3643 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: England - the future....

by Hoop Blah » 16 May 2016 13:01

floyd__streete
No Fixed Abode I'd certainly leave Henderson and Wilshire at home. Henderson hasn't been as good as Noble this season and Wilshire hasn't played enough for me.

Agreed. Plus on form Rooney would be and should be nowhere near the squad.

Sack Hodgson now and give Mourinho a contract until the end of the Euros.

You need to build a team, not just a bunch of individuals quote together. You can't do that if you drop everyone after a couple weeks in bad form.

Despite everyone saying he's had a bad season Rooney's still scored 17 goals most playing a number of different positions.

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 16 May 2016 13:47

Winston Smith Wilshere in and Noble out? lolwut

don't know anything about Rashford, not sure i have even seen him play. Assume he will miss out though.

Rashford is one Sturridge injury away from going....i'd take those odds

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 16 May 2016 16:31

Rashford apparently in the squad as a training and experience exercise, like Stones was ahead of the World Cup two years ago, so he won't go to France.

Delph seems a bit of a left field pick given how little he's played for City this season. So I would expect him to be cut as well.

The third one is more difficult to choose, I would perhaps cut Wilshere purely on the basis of his fitness and yesterday was his first game for ages.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 May 2016 16:59

Brum Royal The third one is more difficult to choose, I would perhaps cut Wilshere purely on the basis of his fitness and yesterday was his first game for ages.

That't not quite true as he played 70 mins against City the other day before his 70 against Villa yesterday. He's played a few (not sure how many) for their u21s before coming back into the first team as they were apparently taking things slowly with him. He's got 3 friendlies to sharpen up a bit more too.

I think he's nailed on for the squad, especially with his performances before his injury (4 MoM awards in his last 4 games).

The risk is probably more taking both Wilshire and Henderson as two players recovering from injury.

I'd assume Delph is just in there as cover in case those those two don't make it through fitness.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 May 2016 18:40

England v Turkey

Vardy looks uncomfortable to say the least out on the left.

He must surely play more centrally running onto the ball?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 May 2016 18:52

Bit of an understated affair tonight....a good few empty seats

Bigger attendance at the FA Vase/Trophy today

That England kit is just abysmal tho

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 May 2016 19:31

Saw the last 20 - defensively a bit of a mess. Unnecessarily loose in midfield a few times. Cahill man-handling Stones at a freekick.

Vardy and Kane look a handful together.

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 22 May 2016 22:58

Ian Royal Saw the last 20 - defensively a bit of a mess. Unnecessarily loose in midfield a few times. Cahill man-handling Stones at a freekick.

Stones looks as over8d as Phil Jones

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 May 2016 10:03

I thought that was a pretty disappointing performance from England to be honest.

It looked like we were trying out another new formation (4-1-4-1) for the first hour and it didn't quite work with the midfield not getting close enough to their opposition and Vardy looking rather uncomfortable on the left. Sterling and Kane didn't get enough of the ball but I suppose it still worked ok going forwards. I certainly don't think it made us look better defensively though.

We, unsurprisingly, looked more threatening with the switch to the diamond but again Sterling didn't do enough to really stake a claim. I was also a bit disappointed in Deli Ali when he had a go in the 10 position which probably did more to solidify Rooney's position there than if he'd actually been playing.

I thought Henderson did well in his 20 minutes or so and showed that despite not being the easiest on the eye he still helps make us tick with both his energy and also his passing (he played 2 or 3 very good balls). I also think Wilshire did enough on the ball to show he's getting back to match sharpness but he really does need to move the ball on a bit quicker sometimes.

Walker possibly edged ahead of Clyne yesterday too.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 May 2016 10:39

AthleticoSpizz Bit of an understated affair tonight....a good few empty seats

Bit unfair considering most of Manchester was probably in London the day before watching Utd win the FA Cup

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 May 2016 10:47

Less than 45k in a 60k stadium though? I'm sure the 3 friendlies within a couple of weeks also had something to do with it.

It hardly supports the argument that England should play on the road more though. If that game was at Wembley then there would probably have been more like 80k there.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 May 2016 11:32

Hoop Blah Less than 45k in a 60k stadium though? I'm sure the 3 friendlies within a couple of weeks also had something to do with it.

It hardly supports the argument that England should play on the road more though. If that game was at Wembley then there would probably have been more like 80k there.

I do think it would have been at least 10k more if Utd weren't in the FA Cup final. A lot of their fans are big England fans and having a game on their doorstep would appeal to them more than traveling down to Wembley to watch them

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 May 2016 11:37

I've no doubt there were a number of United fans at Wembley that would've otherwise gone yesterday, but not enough to leave 15k empty seats. Old Trafford gets 75k a week and they had less than half that at Wembley didn't they?

The North West is a massive footballing region and its pretty weak to get less than 45k through the doors for a England game.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 May 2016 11:37

Have to say it wasn't that well publicised. I had no idea there was a friendly on Sunday until Saturday when they mentioned it during the cup final.

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 23 May 2016 11:50

6ft Kerplunk Have to say it wasn't that well publicised. I had no idea there was a friendly on Sunday until Saturday when they mentioned it during the cup final.

Me neither

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 May 2016 11:52

6ft Kerplunk Have to say it wasn't that well publicised. I had no idea there was a friendly on Sunday until Saturday when they mentioned it during the cup final.

That's true I guess. What with the Cup Final, UEFA Cup, Play Off's and the squad announcement the actual game itself hardly had any mention in the media.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 23 May 2016 18:14

Brosef Stalin
Ian Royal Saw the last 20 - defensively a bit of a mess. Unnecessarily loose in midfield a few times. Cahill man-handling Stones at a freekick.

Stones looks as over8d as Phil Jones

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 May 2016 18:48

Football would be better if we scrapped international friendlies.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 24 May 2016 00:08

TBM
AthleticoSpizz Bit of an understated affair tonight....a good few empty seats

Bit unfair considering most of Bracknell was probably in London the day before watching Utd win the FA Cup

corrected

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 24 May 2016 10:16

No Fixed Abode Football would be better if we scrapped international friendlies.

Can't say I agree. What's your logic?

3643 posts