England - the future....

3643 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: England - the future....

by Franchise FC » 03 Jul 2021 13:49

WestYorksRoyal Apparently Saka had a knock against Germany and Sancho will start tonight. Reported by the Athletic who have been right about everything so far. Good call in my view; keep the direct running in the team.

Pity. I didn’t agree with Saka in to begin with (proved very wrong obviously) but to lose him no is disappointing as he’s been excellent

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jul 2021 14:11

Whilst it is disappointing to lose him as he has played well, England have so many options in that area I’m not too worried.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jul 2021 14:39

Hendo Whilst it is disappointing to lose him as he has played well, England have so many options in that area I’m not too worried.

Agreed - disappointing but not terminal

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Jul 2021 14:48

This is the game for Grealish to start imo. Don't think he will though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2021 15:33

Franchise FC
Hendo Whilst it is disappointing to lose him as he has played well, England have so many options in that area I’m not too worried.

Agreed - disappointing but not terminal

Yeah, I think pace on the break is less necessary against Ukraine. I think we have a decent chance of dominating possession with them trying to break on us, rather than the other way round.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Jul 2021 16:02

I still reckon there's penalty shootout for England in one of the next 2 games. :twisted:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Jul 2021 17:03

Ascotexgunner I still reckon there's penalty shootout for England in one of the next 2 games. :twisted:

I'm just delighted the Welsh are out!

Not really feeling nervous about the upcoming game which is a bit of a worry

Similar to United getting beat in the Europa League final

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Jul 2021 20:07

SUCK ME!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jul 2021 21:10

Beautiful scenes

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jul 2021 21:53

Job done.

ICH.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Jul 2021 06:54

Just up and thought it must be Saturday morning as I’d had a dream we won the QF 4-0.

There’s no way that’s happening with defensive Southgate’s England.

What’s everyone doing for the game tonight ?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Jul 2021 10:35

How much do we owe to those journalists who did the sting on Allardyce?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2021 10:38

WestYorksRoyal How much do we owe to those journalists who did the sting on Allardyce?

Everything.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Jul 2021 10:39

Proper sliding doors moment, that.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jul 2021 16:46

I used to be Southgate’s biggest fan - always loved the way he talks and the intelligent way he deals with all challenges that come his way.

About 9 months ago something happened (can’t remember what) after which I thought no, he was reverting to the same old ways of England managers before him of safety first pragmatism that wins nothing.

What can I say? I’m disappointed that Grealish and Foden aren’t a part of the 11 starters that seems to be evolving but crikey, he’s certainly won me back as this tournament is showing just how much he has learned on the job and it does look like he is getting everything right so, what the oxf*rd do I know?!!

55 years of hurt could be coming to an end under him. If it does, it really couldn’t happen to a nicer guy I reckon.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Jul 2021 17:19

Royal Rother I used to be Southgate’s biggest fan - always loved the way he talks and the intelligent way he deals with all challenges that come his way.

About 9 months ago something happened (can’t remember what) after which I thought no, he was reverting to the same old ways of England managers before him of safety first pragmatism that wins nothing.

What can I say? I’m disappointed that Grealish and Foden aren’t a part of the 11 starters that seems to be evolving but crikey, he’s certainly won me back as this tournament is showing just how much he has learned on the job and it does look like he is getting everything right so, what the oxf*rd do I know?!!

55 years of hurt could be coming to an end under him. If it does, it really couldn’t happen to a nicer guy I reckon.

Watched him doing on one of them bear grills wilderness challenge things. And he genuinely seems a top bloke. I hope he stays for many years to come.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Jul 2021 18:27

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal How much do we owe to those journalists who did the sting on Allardyce?

Everything.

Dear lord, can you imagine him trying to get these players playing his brand of football.
This team does look the real deal as it stands. It's an England Italy final and should be a good game.
I don't see Denmark as an obstacle now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2021 19:05

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal

Everything.

Dear lord, can you imagine him trying to get these players playing his brand of football.
This team does look the real deal as it stands. It's an England Italy final and should be a good game.

THat's bloody stupid.

Denmark are playing extremely well, are a well ranked side and have unbelievable motivation and togetherness right now. I think it's a really tough semi. TBH, I'd rather have Spain.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 04 Jul 2021 19:11

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal Everything.

THat's bloody stupid.

Denmark are playing extremely well, are a well ranked side and have unbelievable motivation and togetherness right now. I think it's a really tough semi. TBH, I'd rather have Spain.

Yep - this. Sounds a bit Captain Hindsight - but they absolutely took the p1ss out of the Welsh - and i said to my mate at the time that they would give anyone a game.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Jul 2021 22:37

BraisingsteakRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

THat's bloody stupid.

Yep - this. Sounds a bit Captain Hindsight - but they absolutely took the p1ss out of the Welsh - and i said to my mate at the time that they would give anyone a game.

Lot's of people saying it's a tougher test than Germany. Players not as good as the Germans, but a really good team who seem on an inspired run. I think we're in a groove too though, and with better players, so I expect us to get through.

What does bug me a bit is people will probably be lining up to say they're mediocre semi finalists if we beat them.

3643 posts