3643 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: England - the future....

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2021 23:24

WestYorksRoyal
BraisingsteakRoyal
Snowflake Royal THat's bloody stupid.

Denmark are playing extremely well, are a well ranked side and have unbelievable motivation and togetherness right now. I think it's a really tough semi. TBH, I'd rather have Spain.

Yep - this. Sounds a bit Captain Hindsight - but they absolutely took the p1ss out of the Welsh - and i said to my mate at the time that they would give anyone a game.

Lot's of people saying it's a tougher test than Germany. Players not as good as the Germans, but a really good team who seem on an inspired run. I think we're in a groove too though, and with better players, so I expect us to get through.

What does bug me a bit is people will probably be lining up to say they're mediocre semi finalists if we beat them.

Well, they were ranked higher than Germany pre-tournament.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Jul 2021 23:26

WestYorksRoyal
BraisingsteakRoyal
Snowflake Royal THat's bloody stupid.

Denmark are playing extremely well, are a well ranked side and have unbelievable motivation and togetherness right now. I think it's a really tough semi. TBH, I'd rather have Spain.

Yep - this. Sounds a bit Captain Hindsight - but they absolutely took the p1ss out of the Welsh - and i said to my mate at the time that they would give anyone a game.

Lot's of people saying it's a tougher test than Germany. Players not as good as the Germans, but a really good team who seem on an inspired run. I think we're in a groove too though, and with better players, so I expect us to get through.

What does bug me a bit is people will probably be lining up to say they're mediocre semi finalists if we beat them.

Strange to say given Eriksen is probably their best player but do we think the unfortunate incident has actually helped them?

Obviously we all (mostly all) want England to win - but would be a nice story if Denmark did win the whole thing given the obvious

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2021 23:32

URZZZZ
WestYorksRoyal
BraisingsteakRoyal

Strange to say given Eriksen is probably their best player but do we think the unfortunate incident has actually helped them?

Obviously we all (mostly all) want England to win - but would be a nice story if Denmark did win the whole thing given the obvious

They've lost a great player, but it's opened up a spot for a very promising youngster and it's given them all a motivation and togetherness they couldn't possibly have matched otherwise.

Give me a Team like Denmark over a side like Ronaldo's Portugal tm, any day.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Jul 2021 23:40

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
WestYorksRoyal Lot's of people saying it's a tougher test than Germany. Players not as good as the Germans, but a really good team who seem on an inspired run. I think we're in a groove too though, and with better players, so I expect us to get through.

They've lost a great player, but it's opened up a spot for a very promising youngster and it's given them all a motivation and togetherness they couldn't possibly have matched otherwise.

Give me a Team like Denmark over a side like Ronaldo's Portugal tm, any day.

Yep

From an English point of view - we’ve had much better individual players in the past but as we all know, individual players don’t make a team. Won’t get anywhere without the unity within the group

Don’t think Southgate is the most adventurous manager we’ll ever have, but he’s got the unity and togetherness of the squad absolutely spot on and we’re reaping the rewards as a result

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Jul 2021 08:43

Agree to a point. We've certainly had a number of more talented individuals in the past - but I don't think that we've at a squad of players so comfortable with the ball at their feet. Can't think of a single player who doesn't look happy making short, sharp passes or moving past a player. Maybe Kyle Walker at a push. Maguire has astonishingly good feet for a massive lump of a guy.

We're in a position where we genuinely don't have a clue who Southgate might pick for the Denmark game, whilst at the same time also safe in the knowledge that he could pick from pretty much the entire squad without any perceivable drop-off in quality.

First England manager to reach two major tournament semi-finals. I really hope Southgate starts to get the credit he deserves now, whatever the result on Wednesday.

On the 'adventurous' stuff - we completed 12 successful dribbles in the game against Ukraine. Don't know if that is many, relatively speaking, but sounds good to me. And Sancho, who Southgate picked to play a role after just six minutes in the tournament up to that point, completed four of them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jul 2021 09:16

There must be some advantage to England with the opposition having no idea which players they’re going to face and genuinely not knowing who they’d rather face

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2021 09:45

go radical and completely vacate the midfield by doubling up the full-backs

the Danes will be like WTF...it'll blow their fcuking minds! 8)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jul 2021 10:00

I could see up going back to 3-4-3 for Denmark, as their biggest threat is down the flanks. Whereas, if we get to the final, vacating the centre would be a fatal mistake against Italy or Spain.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jul 2021 14:28

Probs been mentioned, but my favourite part about all this is how happy the subs have been when we've scored. No sulking or attitude, just absolutely delighted for the rest of the team. The togetherness and the fact we have four or five real game changers on the bench every game is just so encouraging.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 05 Jul 2021 14:58

I would just feel very sad if a Middlesbrough reject scores against us

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jul 2021 16:07

Pepe the Horseman Probs been mentioned, but my favourite part about all this is how happy the subs have been when we've scored. No sulking or attitude, just absolutely delighted for the rest of the team. The togetherness and the fact we have four or five real game changers on the bench every game is just so encouraging.

The opposition must be a little worried when they’ve kept, say, Sancho quiet for 60 minutes and on comes Grealish or Foden or Saka

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Jul 2021 08:00

I love a big semi.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jul 2021 08:54

3 Lions Spotify Count (8:54am) - 3

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Jul 2021 08:59

Hendo 3 Lions Spotify Count (8:54am) - 3

Both versions?

Which version do you favour? Always thought the second one was a bit weak.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Jul 2021 09:01

Happy ICH Day everyone!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jul 2021 09:02

NathStPaul

Both versions?

'96 version, obviously.

The video of '98 version is better, imo.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Jul 2021 09:05

Hendo The video of '98 version is better, imo.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jul 2021 09:05

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Jul 2021 09:12

Wonder who gets all the royalty money from the song? Bet you Ian Brodie pockets all the money.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Jul 2021 09:14

Hendo
NathStPaul

Both versions?

'96 version, obviously.

The video of '98 version is better, imo.

You're forgetting the 2010 version with the opera singer and Robbie Williams.

3643 posts