by BR0B0T » 07 Jul 2021 23:05

LUX Belgian tv saying Sterling was not touched

Well Belgian TV can fcuk off :wink:

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

Re: England - the future....

by Greatwesternline » 07 Jul 2021 23:06

URZZZZ
Greatwesternline It wasn't a penalty but when you've given up attacking and are just camping in your own box you are going to have to expect that if there is some bad luck coming your way it's going to end badly.

You need to do some attacking yourself if you don't want to be a victim of some bad luck in your own box.

Think they were just exhausted tbf rather than deliberately packing their own box

Yeah true it just amounts to the same though. they were unable to get out and attack, so if there are dodgy decisions they'll be in denmarks box, not England's. That is to England's credit.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Jul 2021 23:07

AthleticoSpizz
NathStPaul
AthleticoSpizz lol, German ref wasn’t it?

Dutch i thought. It was a long time ago and I'm in no condition to remember. Wherever he is from he's a credit to his nation.
it was a question tbf...do not trust anything that itv say :wink:

Yes he was Dutch

Got to love the Dutch. Good lads.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2021 23:08

What ref do WE get in the FINAL?

was nice asking that...btw :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jul 2021 23:25

Kane tripped pen not given, then we get a soft one, swings and roundabouts and all that, I thought it was knee on knee that made Sterling go down.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2021 23:30

windermereROYAL Kane tripped pen not given, then we get a soft one, swings and roundabouts and all that, I thought it was knee on knee that made Sterling go down.
used to call it a ‘challenge’ or a ‘tackle’ in my playing days in all honesty

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Jul 2021 23:34

The result was fully deserved; we were undoubtedly the better team over the 120 minutes. Penalty was very soft, but Denmark were dead on their feet and we were attacking in wave after wave. We were going to win, and the free kick for Denmark's goal was soft too.

Waiting for the latest narrative development, from "England are not good and will lose to their first bjg test" to "Well, Germany aren't that good anyway", to "Denmark are the toughest test yet and we shouldn't patronise them by talking about emotional energy and potential fatigue" to "England beat a jaded Denmark and Italy will wipe the floor with us". Guess if we beat Italy it will be "England had an unfair advantage with so many games at Wembley", which we're already hearing, as if no other nation has ever benefited from home advantage.

For the record, I do think Italy are the best team at this tournament and our toughest test yet, but all these c*nts determined to downplay this team's achievements can f*ck off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2021 23:40

windermereROYAL Kane tripped pen not given, then we get a soft one, swings and roundabouts and all that, I thought it was knee on knee that made Sterling go down.

There was nothing wrong with the penalty. So.etimes they're given, sometimes not.

But the Dane lunges in and catches Sterling's trailing leg with his shin. Its not engineered, its not really a dive. Its never in a million years being overturned by VAR.

Don't lunge in the box when you've got two pals between him and goal. Simple.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2021 23:53

The ref gave it....it was a penalty...jog on

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2021 23:54

Snowflake Royal

There was nothing wrong with the penalty

Even if you thought it wasn’t a penalty, there were two balls on the pitch

But then I’ve just remembered their goal wasn’t a freekick either

So fck em

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2021 23:56

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

There was nothing wrong with the penalty

So fck em

So oxf*rd what. The ref isn't going to just stop the game in the middle of a crucial bit of play because there's a second ball no where near it.

I've seen second balls on loads of times. The game doesn't usually stop unless it's in the way.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jul 2021 23:58

WestYorksRoyal . Guess if we beat Italy it will be "England had an unfair advantage with so many games at Wembley", which we're already hearing, as if no other nation has ever benefited from home advantage.

That must be the same as France Germany Italy and Arentina winning world cups in their own countries, so unfair.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2021 00:15

Decent game of football. We started the first 10 minutes well - before Denmark had a sustained period of domination for 20 mins (without really creating too much tbf). Their goal woke us up and from then on, we were the better side

Thought Pickford had a couple of dodgy moments (could have done better with the goal maybe?). Walker and Maguire were very good, Stones and Shaw were steady. Phillips, Mount and Saka were slightly off it but Rice grew into the game. Sterling absolutely terrified the Danes (lot of us including myself eating a lot of humble pie!) and Kane played well too

Credit to Denmark who have given a great account of themselves this tournament, especially given what had happened, but this was our time and we duly deserved the win, even through a dubious call

Massive credit to Southgate who have proven a lot of us wrong, and has got a lot of things spot on so far this tournament

Really looking forward to Sunday now!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2021 00:17

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal There was nothing wrong with the penalty

So fck em

So oxf*rd what. The ref isn't going to just stop the game in the middle of a crucial bit of play because there's a second ball no where near it.

I've seen second balls on loads of times. The game doesn't usually stop unless it's in the way.

I don’t agree but not going to drag it out

Might not get this feeling for a long time again!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jul 2021 00:21

[quote="Snowflake Royal"][There was nothing wrong with two balls
But then I’ve just remembered I've seen balls on loads of times]

sorry...had to be done....take no notice of my ‘Gervais like‘ childishness Ian...it’s been a while :wink:

...and I am unbelievably bored

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Jul 2021 00:30

Brilliant shithousery from the BBC by forcing Robbie Savage to do 606 tonight. Bloke was devastated

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jul 2021 01:45

Cheating trending on twitter, but not one of them mentions the pen Kane should have got, fcuking sad nobodies.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2021 07:14

The bitterness coming from the Scots and Welsh really fills my heart with joy, beautiful.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jul 2021 07:19

NathStPaul The bitterness coming from the Scots and Welsh really fills my heart with joy, beautiful.

We will get it again Sunday and it will be deafening if we lose.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2021 07:23

windermereROYAL
NathStPaul The bitterness coming from the Scots and Welsh really fills my heart with joy, beautiful.

We will get it again Sunday and it will be deafening if we lose.

There is nothing any of the other home nations can say to us, they have never been in a final and never will. Their mocking would be further proof of their jealousy, they hate England because we are better than them.

3675 posts