3643 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: England - the future....

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2021 17:29

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Sanguine
Ah, man. He handed her the shirt and suddenly someone near me was cutting onions.

I don't get it... Don't players give their shirts away all the time? Am I just utterly heartless or am I missing some context, like audio or something?

I think its the fact the little girl looks like all of her hopes and dreams have come through and she cannot contain her excitement.

OK, it's option a then. :?

:oops:

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 08 Jul 2021 17:39

Sanguine

Ah, man. He handed her the shirt and suddenly someone near me was cutting onions.

Yes made me cry too. I don’t think being terribly hungover helped but there were so many football related things that nearly made me cry today.

I’ll try not to care if we lose on Sunday, but fukk me........if we win............they’ll not be a dry eye in the house.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Jul 2021 17:48

I will admit to being a bit emotional at the full-time whistle.

I think I was mostly happy for 7 year old me who was inconsolable after the Euro 96 semi final.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jul 2021 18:27

Beardsleys world in motion rap :lol:

https://youtu.be/0KT_tE-lmaM

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2021 18:51

Jesus! Was he having a stroke?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Jul 2021 19:06

Anyone else loving the frighty righties suddenly taking an interest in the England team now they're in the final, after disowning them for taking a knee.

Laurence Fox's apology is hilarious.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jul 2021 19:37

genome Anyone else loving the frighty righties suddenly taking an interest in the England team now they're in the final, after disowning them for taking a knee.

You got a link?, i would love to see that cnut grovel.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jul 2021 19:42

I got something in my eye. well done young lady, enjoy the experience.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 08 Jul 2021 19:51

genome Anyone else loving the frighty righties suddenly taking an interest in the England team now they're in the final, after disowning them for taking a knee.

No not loving it all. The fukking pcunts.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 09 Jul 2021 09:03

John Madejski's Wallet
Brogue
NathStPaul UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against England after fans shone a laser at Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel during the Euro 2020 semi-final and booed the Scandinavian country's national anthem.

good its unnesacary and uncalled for. why do we boo other teams national anthems? its quite odd.

Because our football fans consist of a massive proportion of dickead nationalist little-englanders. Would be a straight line correlation to brexit voting

I took a load of year 7s to a England WC qualifier against Kazakhstan I think it was. They all were about to boo the Kazakh anthem but we wouldn't allow it.

The booing of opposition anthems is one of the things that mark us out as childish inbred dickheads and it's one of the disappointing things about being English.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jul 2021 09:06

St Pauli
John Madejski's Wallet
Brogue
good its unnesacary and uncalled for. why do we boo other teams national anthems? its quite odd.

Because our football fans consist of a massive proportion of dickead nationalist little-englanders. Would be a straight line correlation to brexit voting

I took a load of year 7s to a England WC qualifier against Kazakhstan I think it was. They all were about to boo the Kazakh anthem but we wouldn't allow it.

The booing of opposition anthems is one of the things that mark us out as childish inbred dickheads and it's one of the disappointing things about being English.

+1 it is oxf*rd cringe and I hate it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 Jul 2021 09:14

I can get it if there is a legitimate reason. An example of this is if we were to play Bulgaria away in World Cup/Euros qualifying and our players are racially abused, the booing at the reverse home fixture would be done to send a message to that particular country who have wronged us and not taken measures to stop their supporters racist behaviour.

We have and have never had a reason to boo the Danish anthem, it is pointless and makes us look like complete morons. If the supporters do this on Sunday I think that will only serve to give the Italian players an extra 2% each, it will wind them up and make them more determined.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Jul 2021 09:55

How bad is the extent of the booing? Let's say there are 60,000 England fans; if 55,000 respect the anthem and 5,000 boo, that noise can easily travel and be heard through TVs. Whereas, if 40,000 are booing then England fans are genuinely terrible.

I wonder if you don't agree with the booing, you need to be more active in showing your respect. Maybe applause to drown out the boos.

I'm also not convinced this is only an England issue - every country has a minority of idiots.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 09 Jul 2021 09:56

St Pauli
John Madejski's Wallet
Brogue

^^This^^ and why there'll never be a tournament held in the UK again.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 09 Jul 2021 10:44

NathStPaul If the supporters do this on Sunday I think that will only serve to give the Italian players an extra 2% each, it will wind them up and make them more determined.

The Italian anthem is fantastic for getting their players fired up enough as it, is a proper rousing finale. Far better than the dirge of God Save the Queen played at what always feels like half speed.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Jul 2021 11:42

Still keep hearing Grealish referenced among the crop of good young players we have to look forward to using at future tournaments as they will have had more club football and be more experienced by then. Heard his name thrown in with Saka & Foden's this morning in that reference.

He turns 26 at the start of the upcoming season! He made his Premier League debut 8 seasons ago!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Jul 2021 11:49

Winston Biscuit Still keep hearing Grealish referenced among the crop of good young players we have to look forward to using at future tournaments as they will have had more club football and be more experienced by then. Heard his name thrown in with Saka & Foden's this morning in that reference.

He turns 26 at the start of the upcoming season! He made his Premier League debut 8 seasons ago!

In terms of experience at this level, he is young though, and there's no reason why he can't have another 5 - 6 years at his peak.

Interesting seeing a few pundit opinions on our line up for Sunday. Seen some suggestions of going 3-4-3, but I cannot think of a worse idea than vacating the midfield against Jorginho, Veratti and Barella. I'd name the same lineup as the semi, but Mount needs to be disciplined and try to mark his Chelsea teammate out of the game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2021 12:45

tulip
St Pauli
John Madejski's Wallet Because our football fans consist of a massive proportion of dickead nationalist little-englanders. Would be a straight line correlation to brexit voting

Lol

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 Jul 2021 12:50

tulip
St Pauli
John Madejski's Wallet Because our football fans consist of a massive proportion of dickead nationalist little-englanders. Would be a straight line correlation to brexit voting

LOL

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jul 2021 13:39

Scutterbucketz
Sanguine

Yes made me cry too. I don’t think being terribly hungover helped but there were so many football related things that nearly made me cry today.

I’ll try not to care if we lose on Sunday, but fukk me........if we win............they’ll not be a dry eye in the house.

I got a bit teary at Wembley on Wednesday. First time I've cried at a football match since Bolton in the PO final.

3643 posts