Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

2186 posts
fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

by fartdad » 11 Oct 2022 17:40

Those wokies who love giving it large against Hungary or Poland all gone quiet about Qatar. All it would have taken was one nation of significant stature to protest Qatar WC and it probably would have fallen like a house of cards. Don’t understand it, stadium waste again, slave/Chinese wage slaves building stadiums, questionable human rights records l, housing the Taliban.. I don’t get it.

We can wear pride progress arm bands and kneel for BLM, but is moving a World Cup (that was fraudulently given in the first place) too much to ask? Leagues having to suspend play to allow a winter World Cup. What a farce.

The media loves to hound LIV golfers for getting that Saudi dough, but footballers? When has one of the new Newcastle signings been asked about the murder of Jamal Khashoggi like Greg Norman? It’s not like they can plead ignorance on who the owners are. It’s pretty obvious.

Anyways that’s my peace. Not watching this World Cup because I believe Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIAA+ Lives Matter, Journalists Matter, Believe All Women, Black Is Beautiful, I Believe in Science, and while athletes can be hypocrites, I won’t allow myself to be one. <^> ( o . o ) <^>

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Oct 2022 16:25

Potentially interesting development:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1583114618872168449

A formal request has been sent to the FIFA Council and FIFA president Gianni Infantino to suspend the Iranian Football Federation immediately and therefore effectively ban Iran from the World Cup.

Doubt they will do anything, but good to see pressure being put on FIFA.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Oct 2022 16:57

fartdad Those wokies who love giving it large against Hungary or Poland all gone quiet about Qatar. All it would have taken was one nation of significant stature to protest Qatar WC and it probably would have fallen like a house of cards. Don’t understand it, stadium waste again, slave/Chinese wage slaves building stadiums, questionable human rights records l, housing the Taliban.. I don’t get it.

We can wear pride progress arm bands and kneel for BLM, but is moving a World Cup (that was fraudulently given in the first place) too much to ask? Leagues having to suspend play to allow a winter World Cup. What a farce.

The media loves to hound LIV golfers for getting that Saudi dough, but footballers? When has one of the new Newcastle signings been asked about the murder of Jamal Khashoggi like Greg Norman? It’s not like they can plead ignorance on who the owners are. It’s pretty obvious.

Anyways that’s my peace. Not watching this World Cup because I believe Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIAA+ Lives Matter, Journalists Matter, Believe All Women, Black Is Beautiful, I Believe in Science, and while athletes can be hypocrites, I won’t allow myself to be one. <^> ( o . o ) <^>

Did you watch the World Cup in Russia.?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2022 10:12

Hendo Potentially interesting development:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1583114618872168449

A formal request has been sent to the FIFA Council and FIFA president Gianni Infantino to suspend the Iranian Football Federation immediately and therefore effectively ban Iran from the World Cup.

Doubt they will do anything, but good to see pressure being put on FIFA.

What’s the point though, all you end up doing is hurting the population of countries whereas the authorities in those countries don’t give a toss that their sporting teams are banned. And nothing will be done as FIFA basically did nothing to rescind the award of the WC to Qatar so why pick on Iran when the whole tournament shouldn’t be happening when and where it is anyway.

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 25 Oct 2022 12:13

Not football but similarly related. The Baseball all star game last year was suppose to be in Atlanta. For those not in the know Atlanta has become a big city for black success. They also have a lot of history of black players who played well and broke records (Hank Aaron). The all star game was going to be a celebration of Aaron (who recently passed at the time) but then Georgia passed some “voter suppression” laws and people got mad.

Atlanta as a city was against the laws, the baseball team was against the laws, even some of the major stars of the team spoke out against the laws. So what did the MLB and players union do? They decided to move the all star game for the first time in history to Denver. The whitest and one of the most expensive places to live. Atlanta said that they could have used the games to promote nd force change but also provide income to many of the black owned businesses. Instead they went to cracker city.

People of Atlanta lost out, baseball fans lost out and black people lost out. But funny enough, 8 months before Dallas Texas hosted the World Series and some play off games.. and guess what state had just passed similar laws. :?: expose hypocrisy expose those who do not care about the issues but just the visuals

Qatar World Cup is disgusting and just like seeing the BBC nut themselves over Newcastle fc but can’t stop from resisting from adding “far right” to any conservative politician in news articles or LIV is “controversial Saudi backed tournament” but Newcastle is clean, <^>

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Nov 2022 08:58

Remember to block 1-3pm on Monday 21st Nov as a busy private meeting in your work calendars!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Nov 2022 18:05

Mid-season WC nonsense.

The number of players likely to be missing the WC due to injury is quickly mounting. Every day seems to add to the list.

Ben Chilwell
Son Heung-Min
Timo Werner
Reece James
Paul Pogba
N'Golo Kante

There's loads more.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Nov 2022 19:29

Royal Rother Mid-season WC nonsense.

The number of players likely to be missing the WC due to injury is quickly mounting. Every day seems to add to the list.

Ben Chilwell
Son Heung-Min
Timo Werner
Reece James
Paul Pogba
N'Golo Kante

There's loads more.

I know it sounds awful, but I'm really hoping a lot more of them get injured, I was hoping some french plodder puts Mbappe, Neymar and Messi out soon......and if there's a god, bugger up KDBs hamstring for a month.
I want this World Cup to be so dull and unmemorable.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Nov 2022 21:12

Ascotexgunner

Ben Chilwell
Son Heung-Min
Timo Werner
Reece James
Paul Pogba
N'Golo Kante

There's loads more.

I know it sounds awful, but I'm really hoping a lot more of them get injured, I was hoping some french plodder puts Mbappe, Neymar and Messi out soon......and if there's a god, bugger up KDBs hamstring for a month.

Kane is bound to get injured this weekend.

Messi no (it’d be great to see him acknowledged by everyone as GOAT with a WC win), Ronaldo definitely.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 03 Nov 2022 21:56

Ascotexgunner

Ben Chilwell
Son Heung-Min
Timo Werner
Reece James
Paul Pogba
N'Golo Kante

There's loads more.

:|

You are not a fan of football

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Nov 2022 08:10

Loafer
Ascotexgunner

Ben Chilwell
Son Heung-Min
Timo Werner
Reece James
Paul Pogba
N'Golo Kante

There's loads more.

:|

You are not a fan of football

Given the circumstances I can see why some don’t really want Qatar World Cup to be memorable in the slightest and want the whole stinkfest over asap. Personally I’m hoping it’s all a bit dull and we end up with a run of the mill win for Brazil in a 1994 type of tournament.

Sod’s law therefore says England will win it!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Nov 2022 11:06

Ascotexgunner I want this World Cup to be so dull and unmemorable.

Every chance with Wales involved

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Nov 2022 12:06

Royal Rother Mid-season WC nonsense

I don't mind it being mid season. Its been mid season for other parts of the world for all the other world cups, so us taking it once is no biggie for me.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Nov 2022 12:11

Winston Biscuit
Royal Rother Mid-season WC nonsense

I don't mind it being mid season. Its been mid season for other parts of the world for all the other world cups, so us taking it once is no biggie for me.

A very fair point.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Nov 2022 14:04

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Nov 2022 14:19

Green

:roll:

And if you do not do zese things ve vill be asking you ze questions.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Nov 2022 14:04

Colour me stunned that the self promoting England band are involved in this, shameful

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Nov 2022 17:35

starting to get well up for this tourney!!!!!

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 06 Nov 2022 03:48

Hislop Pwning Gary Neville!! Lovely stuff! We had years to talk about Qatar, why is it only gaining ground a few months before SMH

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Nov 2022 12:33

fartdad Hislop Pwning Gary Neville!! Lovely stuff! We had years to talk about Qatar, why is it only gaining ground a few months before SMH

Neville didn't have the wit to answer Hislop properly, by saying "If I don't go then I don't have the platform to call out the abuses..."

2186 posts