The FA's strategic vision

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tails
Hob Nob Regular

Semi's in 2010

by Tails » 06 May 2008 18:23

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7386163.stm

Erm, I maybe being a little pessimistic here but is this not a little far-fetched considering not only our recent performances in major competitions. I cant really see us improving as a nation in the next couple of years once these set of bottle-jobs age and become even worse at international level then they already are...

ROFLoot bROLFanch will take more than a few years to bed in and take effect.

earleyroyal

Re: Semi's in 2010

by earleyroyal » 06 May 2008 21:22

England never learn. Remember before the 06 World Cup - Frank, Stevie and other criminally over-rated players came out with crap like: 'individually we've got one of the most talented teams in the world', 'if we play to our best we could win' blah blah blah. Deluded, I would've thought not being one of the best 16 teams in Euro 2008 would've woken some of them up but no: 'If we'd got through to the finals we could've gone all the way.'

Then after getting a lesson from France Bentley says 'if it was down to individual talent we'd be the best, we just need to make it work' :shock: I don't really care about the national team, but some of them need to pull their heads out of their arses/the clouds if they ever want to do well. England is not one of the most talented teams/squads in the world.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

The FA's strategic vision

by Dirk Gently » 07 May 2008 11:34

http://thefanews.com/ukassets/images/12/The%20FA/FACorpStrategy_WEB.pdf

It's easy to mock, and I suspect people will, but at least they've come out with this, with specific targets they can be judged against. In the past there's been nothing like this so even though this doesn't have much substance it's a step forward.

MAJOR MILESTONES
• England’s senior men and women’s teams qualifying for major competitions and reaching the semi-finals at
least, by 2012
• Successfully bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup
• Partnership with the Premier League and the Football League making clear, reported progress on major joint
ventures in 2008 and 2009
• Commercial/Broadcast revenues increased by a substantial amount at the next review date in 2011
• National Football Centre operating by 2010
• 1 million 5-11 year olds trained through the FA Tesco Skills Programme by 2010
• 125,000 existing teams retained and 20,500 new teams created by 2012
• 26,000 referees retained and an additional 8,000 referees recruited by 2012
• RESPECT campaign improves overall disciplinary performance by 25% by 2012
• Consistently increased distribution to the game by 2012
• Development and continued success of women’s football
• Wembley achieving an annual operating profit by 2012
• The FA’s move to Wembley completed and Investors in People accreditation achieved by 2010
• Approval rating of The FA shown to improve year-on-year through the strategic period.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The FA's strategic vision

by Stranded » 07 May 2008 11:45

Dirk Gently http://thefanews.com/ukassets/images/12/The%20FA/FACorpStrategy_WEB.pdf

It's easy to mock, and I suspect people will, but at least they've come out with this, with specific targets they can be judged against. In the past there's been nothing like this so even though this doesn't have much substance it's a step forward.

MAJOR MILESTONES
• England’s senior men and women’s teams qualifying for major competitions and reaching the semi-finals at
least, by 2012
• Successfully bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup
• Partnership with the Premier League and the Football League making clear, reported progress on major joint
ventures in 2008 and 2009
• Commercial/Broadcast revenues increased by a substantial amount at the next review date in 2011
• National Football Centre operating by 2010 at Burton
• 1 million 5-11 year olds trained through the FA Tesco Skills Programme by 2010
• 125,000 existing teams retained and 20,500 new teams created by 2012
• 26,000 referees retained and an additional 8,000 referees recruited by 2012
• RESPECT campaign improves overall disciplinary performance by 25% by 2012
• Consistently increased distribution to the game by 2012
• Development and continued success of women’s football
• Wembley achieving an annual operating profit by 2012
• The FA’s move to Wembley completed and Investors in People accreditation achieved by 2010
• Approval rating of The FA shown to improve year-on-year through the strategic period.

Re in bold. Barwick was insistant in the news conference yesterday that the NFC would be at Burton.

I agree, fair play to them, they are trying to be more transparent which they've not been in the past. A few challenging ones for them there with regards to disciplinary performance etc but some decent strategies from what I've read.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 May 2008 11:47

I'd be interested to see how they can increase the broadcast revenue in 2011

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 May 2008 11:49

Huntley & Palmer I'd be interested to see how they can increase the broadcast revenue in 2011

They're talking about the revenue for England matches, of course. I agree, but as there are now more broadcasters competing since the last review, and as the PL package has dragged fees up, they have a reasonable chance of an increase.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 07 May 2008 12:00

Didn't Adam Crozier produce something akin to a list of corporate objectives when he took over as CEO a decade ago? Whatever happened to that?

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 07 May 2008 12:04

Jerry St Clair Didn't Adam Crozier produce something akin to a list of corporate objectives when he took over as CEO a decade ago? Whatever happened to that?

It got lost in the post.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 May 2008 12:09

Jerry St Clair Didn't Adam Crozier produce something akin to a list of corporate objectives when he took over as CEO a decade ago? Whatever happened to that?

It never got supported within the FA so when they manoeuvred him out it got quietly forgotten.

This one is a lot better structured and supported and put-together - for instance they consulted lots of "stakeholders" - and so hopefully should have more chance of success. Although the outside world won't see it for a good few years, the post-Burns structure and the arrival of Triesman is making a difference internally. Yes it's like trying to turn around an oil tanker, but it's starting to happen.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1