Blackburn sack Allardyce

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Blackburn sack Allardyce

by Mr Angry » 15 Dec 2010 10:44

Blackburn will probably survive this season, but they will be lucky to not get relegated the next if all they are looking to spend on new players, including wages etc, is £5M. As I posted at the time the takeover was being mooted, it shows that the new owners have zero concept of what they were getting into to. They clearly think that PL = £££££, and that they will make a fortune; but they don't understand (and to be fair, neither do a lot of fans) is that its a vicious circle - to stay in the PL means spending eye-watering sums of money in the first place, and you don't really get a return on that investment unless you get into the CL places.

The Blackburn buyout will end in tears.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 15 Dec 2010 11:26

SpaceCruiser The new versions are a bit too complicated and I do get fed up reading posts like "player x is brilliant on FM!" as if that did have any relevance to real life.

The fing is Spacey, people are only joking when they say that. I will say however, if a player dies in FM, they die in real life. That's just fact.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Dec 2010 13:24

Ferris
SpaceCruiser The new versions are a bit too complicated and I do get fed up reading posts like "player x is brilliant on FM!" as if that did have any relevance to real life.

The fing is Spacey, people are only joking when they say that. I will say however, if a player dies in FM, they die in real life. That's just fact.

Slightly allied to this, and somewhat off topic, Everton a couple of seasons ago admitted to using the FM/CM database to aid their scouting of players...doesn't mean that the players on FM/CM are any cop in reality, but it's not unknown for clubs to use the database.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Dec 2010 14:14

Ferris

:lol:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Dec 2010 14:26

The group that do FMs scouting network are very agrresivly trying to move into the pro game. Everton are the main one, but they now have a link up with other 20 clubs worldwide.

Met with people from them last week, have to say far more impressive than Scout7 or Scouting Network etc.

So being good on FM means an awful lot.

Sorry Spaccer, I know it's been one of your favourite, long running put downs...

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 16 Dec 2010 17:32

roadrunner
Mr Angry The Mirror suggested that the new owners were keen on installing a solid professional manager, with a track record of success, and a deep knowledge of the Premier League as the new Manager.

In other words, Diego Maradona!!!!!

:o :o :o

Spoke to an unhappy 'ammers fan today; he said his only hope is that Blackburn implode this season rather than next! (I pointed out that they still needed to find 2 other teams even worse than west Ham; he went quiet at that!!). He did say that he wouldn't mind Grant getting the bullet and Big Sam taking over at the Boleyn though......

Sky Sports echo that, but also claim they want Blackburn in the top five asap and want that experienced, successful manager, preferably with premier league experience and british to lead them there. Quite how they think they'll achieve that by giving their manager a John Madejski style premiership budget I don't know, and the link to Maradona is simply ridiculous.

So Allardyce then?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Dec 2010 19:14

Great interview with Mrs Desai on R5Live last night.

We mustn't think they don't know what they're getting into - apparently she has a brother who knows a lot about football...

She (effectively) said Allardyce is not a positive enough individual to achieve what they are aiming for, which is Top 4 or 5 on a small budget. When told of their plans I can imagine he minced no words in explaining to them how unlikely they were to achieve the level of success they were looking for.

This is going to make fascinating viewing over the next few months. When it all goes wrong (as it inevitably will) you can be absolutely certain that it will not be the Indian owners' fault.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Dec 2010 20:08

Royal Rother Great interview with Mrs Desai on R5Live last night.

We mustn't think they don't know what they're getting into - apparently she has a brother who knows a lot about football...

She (effectively) said Allardyce is not a positive enough individual to achieve what they are aiming for, which is Top 4 or 5 on a small budget. When told of their plans I can imagine he minced no words in explaining to them how unlikely they were to achieve the level of success they were looking for.

This is going to make fascinating viewing over the next few months. When it all goes wrong (as it inevitably will) you can be absolutely certain that it will not be the Indian owners' fault.

Apparently Sir John Madejski knows nothing about football so perhaps we should not deride these people so soon.
In fact many people (including a lot of posters on here) go on about football needing to wake up and run football clubs as businesses and these chaps seem to have done o.k in business therefore I suggest that you and Mr Angry should hang fire because chicken sellers might even turn out to be better businessmen than car salesmen when it comes to football clubs. :wink:
Having said that they do bring a touch of comedy to the oh so serious business of modern day professional football.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Dec 2010 21:58

Football IS a business, and normal business practices can be applied in many areas and it will be good to see new principles and ethics brought into the PL. However, they are extremely unlikely to get into Europe with the current squad; still if Sam couldn't cope with a new approach both they and he are best off separating before unrest sets in too deeply and totally destabilises things.

I wish them good luck and would bloody love it if they achieved their goals with a new approach to running a football club but can't see it somehow.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 17 Dec 2010 13:34

Royal Rother Football IS a business, and normal business practices can be applied in many areas and it will be good to see new principles and ethics brought into the PL. However, they are extremely unlikely to get into Europe with the current squad; still if Sam couldn't cope with a new approach both they and he are best off separating before unrest sets in too deeply and totally destabilises things.

I wish them good luck and would bloody love it if they achieved their goals with a new approach to running a football club but can't see it somehow.

Have you looked at their squad? They are a long way off challenging for Europe. With this rumoured £5m budget that they are making available for new signings, including wages, they wont improve that side much at all.

With regards to football being a business, yes in principle it is, but how many clubs can you tell me that make a profit every season? It's almost impossible to achieve if you want a football club that can compete for honours.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Dec 2010 15:10

Not sure why sound like you're disagreeing with me... :|

Anyway, the year on year loss making can only go on for so long. The models are going to have to change soon - eventually all clubs will be run like RFC.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 19 Dec 2010 13:37

Thing is all clubs won't be run like Reading. Still far too much money to be made at the top end. We'll end up with a split (you can argue it's already there). Top 5 or 6 English sides playing in some kind of European Super League. Killing the domestic competitions.

I'd love them to turn round and say we are all in this together, but they will always chase the money and it will always be there.

Steve Kean's done well for an ex Reading boy, bet he couldn't get the knife into Big Sam's back quick enough.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Dec 2010 12:15

Victor Meldrew

Apparently Sir John Madejski knows nothing about football so perhaps we should not deride these people so soon.
In fact many people (including a lot of posters on here) go on about football needing to wake up and run football clubs as businesses and these chaps seem to have done o.k in business therefore I suggest that you and Mr Angry should hang fire because chicken sellers might even turn out to be better businessmen than car salesmen when it comes to football clubs. :wink:
Having said that they do bring a touch of comedy to the oh so serious business of modern day professional football.

Do you think they would be willing to wait nearly 20 years to see a return on their investment??

They are typical of the modern trend in football ownership; individuals who think that they can make a quick buck out of the game, and to do so without investing too much money themselves. Larger examples of this have been Liverpool and Man Utd. Doing "ok" in poultry in the Indian sub-continent is absolutely no guarnatee that they will do anything other than crash and burn in the PL.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 20 Dec 2010 13:58

Mr Angry
Victor Meldrew

Do you think they would be willing to wait nearly 20 years to see a return on their investment??

They are typical of the modern trend in football ownership; individuals who think that they can make a quick buck out of the game, and to do so without investing too much money themselves. Larger examples of this have been Liverpool and Man Utd. Doing "ok" in poultry in the Indian sub-continent is absolutely no guarnatee that they will do anything other than crash and burn in the PL.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Dec 2010 16:58

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 313502.stm

Steve Kean is to continue as Blackburn manager until the end of the season.

Very strange decision - to me it seems Allardyce had a falling out else they would have surely kept him until end of season?!

* i remember him training me when i was at Reading (look at me)

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Dec 2010 11:59

TBM http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9313502.stm

Steve Kean is to continue as Blackburn manager until the end of the season.

Very strange decision - to me it seems Allardyce had a falling out else they would have surely kept him until end of season?!

* i remember him training me when i was at Reading (look at me)

Cheapest option isn't it?

I predict the following: Kean gets a few quid to spend in January - Blackburn survive reasonably easily, finishing between 13th - 15th. For all his hard work, Kean gets the bullet very early in the Summer, being replaced someone more famous. That manager will leave before the end of the season, citing lack of funds as the reason. Blackburn relegated at end of 2010/2011 season.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 23 Dec 2010 12:53

Blackburn have a history of doing things this way-remember all those times that Tony Parkes was in charge.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 23 Dec 2010 13:19

BR2 Blackburn have a history of doing things this way-remember all those times that Tony Parkes was in charge.

Seven times according to wiki!

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 23 Dec 2010 16:26

Wouldn't mind Blackburn being relegated now, purely because this sacking annoys me!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 26 Dec 2010 19:44

leww_rfc Wouldn't mind Blackburn being relegated now, purely because this sacking annoys me!

^ This

Hope they get dragged into the relegation battle and go down