Torres hands in a transfer request

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2011 09:37

Cheeky

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Torres hands in a transfer request

by Franchise FC » 29 Jan 2011 11:48

What goes around comes around.

Liverpool bid for player - bid rejected - player hands in transfer request - request denied - Liverpool continue chase for said player

Sound familiar

Now the shoe's on the other foot, LOLiverpooLOL are crying foul.

As for demanding loyalty - less than one percent of players have any loyalty to anything other than their pay packet

Kiss the badge - kiss my @rse more like

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 29 Jan 2011 11:54

Franchise FC What goes around comes around.

Liverpool bid for player - bid rejected - player hands in transfer request - request denied - Liverpool continue chase for said player

Sound familiar

As for demanding loyalty - less than one percent of players have any loyalty to anything other than their pay packet

Agreed on the last point you so eloquently make, but can you link me to 'Liverpool crying foul' ?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2011 12:36

Liverpool refuses request.
No point keeping a player there if he doesn't want to be there.
Sulk.

Scylla

by Scylla » 29 Jan 2011 12:40

Sound familiar

In general I agree with your sentiments (we're all bastards really) but one important difference is that Liverpool has said that Torres is not for sale while both Ajax and Blackpool have protested as to how insulted they are while indicating that the players concerned are for sale at the right price.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jan 2011 12:45

cmonurz

Sound familiar

Agreed on the last point you so eloquently make, but can you link me to 'Liverpool crying foul' ?

According to the oracle that is Sky Sports News Liverpool are considering reporting Chelsea for an illegal approach
:shock: I don;t know whether I'm more shocked that Chelsea are involved or that Liverpool consider a formal bid to be an illegal approach.

Scylla

by Scylla » 29 Jan 2011 12:51

Haven't seen that suggested by anyone who I would take seriously. There is definitely a view around Liverpool that Chelsea got word to Torres before the bid was made and that Abramovic was trying to feel him up in South Africa. Illegal approach? No idea.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 29 Jan 2011 13:27

LOLLERPOOL

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 29 Jan 2011 17:41

Scylla Abramovic was trying to feel him up in South Africa.

Snigger.

Back to the subjet - the boy actually wants to win something and likes watching "Not going out" on Thursday evenings.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 29 Jan 2011 18:00

readingbedding Liverpool refuses request.
No point keeping a player there if he doesn't want to be there.
Sulk.

I don't believe there's any sulking involved. It's all about getting the best price for Torres. The new lad is his replacement, not his strike partner. Liverpool believe Torres was approached illegally by Chelsea last summer, and if that is true then combined with Torres looking unsettled, distracted perhaps, and nothing like the player of past seasons, they knew and were preparing for his departure. Speculation of course.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 29 Jan 2011 19:17

Rumour mill says that Chelsea will be successful on Monday with a bid of £45m + Sturridge.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Jan 2011 19:20

cmonurz Rumour mill says that Chelsea will be successful on Monday with a bid of £45m + Sturridge.

Bet that made all the difference :lol:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 29 Jan 2011 19:37

cmonurz Rumour mill says that Chelsea will be successful on Monday with a bid of £45m + Sturridge.

:lol:

LOLiverpool

Suarez was blatantly bought with the Torres transfer proceeds, nobody can see this in Merseyside :lol: Or on here for that matter :|

They are a scummy club destined for mid-table where they belong

Scylla

by Scylla » 29 Jan 2011 19:39

Alan Partridge

Bet that made all the difference :lol:

I think that Sturridge would be well advised to keep out of this mess.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 29 Jan 2011 19:52

Well Liverpool apparently wanted Sturridge on loan this time last year, so Chelsea obviously feel he could be used as a makeweight to save them £5m cash.

Full circle for Dalglish - in '87, he used the funds from the sale of Rush to Juventus to buy Barnes, Beardsley, Houghton and Aldridge, so he could conceivably see the net £20m or so after the Suarez purchase as a chance to rebuild further.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 Jan 2011 20:13

I would take the money and run!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 29 Jan 2011 20:15

And with Suarez in, I'd say that's not bad business. Torres' heart clearly isn't in it any more, and £45m and Sturridge is not bad at all.

Liverpool's striking options a woeful, so Sturridge would be a good signing for where they currently find themselves. Also money to fund further signings for what is a mammoth rebuilding job ahead.

Scylla

by Scylla » 29 Jan 2011 20:21

roadrunner And with the new boy in I'd say that's not bad business. Liverpool's striking options a woeful, so Sturridge would be a good signing for where they currently find their selves. Also money to fund further signings for what is a mammoth rebuilding job ahead.

He'd come in associated with the loss of Torres and with Roy - who tried to get him on loan a few weeks back - and seen as a bone thrown by Chelsea. He'd need to get off to a very quick start to overcome all that.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 29 Jan 2011 20:36

I agree. For any mid-table side I think Sturridge is a decent player, and with the lack of quality Liverpool currently have up front, he improves them for now, but I don't expect he'll be a long-term hit.

The real pressure is on Suarez to come in and hit the ground running.

At a club like Liverpool, who will inevitably return to a top six placing in a season or two, Sturridge ultimately will only ever be a third choice striker and I don't believe there will be that greater expectancy of him.

Scylla

by Scylla » 29 Jan 2011 20:39

Royal With Cheese
Scylla Abramovic was trying to feel him up in South Africa.

Snigger.

Back to the subjet - the boy actually wants to win something and likes watching "Not going out" on Thursday evenings.

Lost me there.

I think that it's quite understandable that he wants out but personally I thought that he would go in the summer. I'm surprised at him being prepared to go to Chelsea, I thought he had better taste but when you think about his options aren't great.