The Non - League thread

10615 posts
Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Non - League thread 2011/12

by Four Of Clubs » 11 Nov 2011 13:52

Elmer Park
Tad Showbiz The Berks & Bucks Senior Cup is an invitation competition if I recall correctly. FoC or one of the Windsor followers might know more.

Interesting this season that Franchise FC are not in it either.

The MK Dons situation is something of a mystery to me.

They weren't in the competition last season either and I read a line in a newspaper which simply said 'the Berks and Bucks FA have decided not to invite the MK Dons to compete in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup this season' ( meaning the 2010-11 season). As they are not in it again this season I assume once more they were not invited. I have no idea as to the reason for this as they competed for a few seasons prior to the 2010-11 season.

..more than likely someone upset the 'blazers' - Aylesbury United were handed a 5 yr ban from the B&B Senior Cup after reportedly slagging the County FA off in an Official medium (website or prog not sure) - this was lifted when the Ducks got themselves relegated to STEP05 a couple of years back.

Oh and TB's faves for the 'Trophy' (Flackwell) ; went out of it on Tuesday evening, at a very damp Bottom Meadow :shock: to Sandhurst - I was there. Also got along to a 'belter' on Wednesday - where a (possibly) resurgent (yet largely experimental) Bracknell Town succumbed eventually, after leading 3-1 @ HT, to Abingdon Town [4-3] - winning goal (harsh on the Robins who had enough chances to win comfortably) scored on about 93'. Part of me (actually most of me) was glad cos I didn't fancy Extra Time - although a fellow anorak posted after the game, that he would not have been surprised had it ended 9-9 - so porous were both defences! 8)

EDIT: According to a 'Robins' fan/official posting elsewhere, this was as close to Bracknell's strongest XI that they have put out for many a while - they actually only had to make one change from Saturday's win over Highworth. The No 10 (Alex Eastman) has been there a while but been injured for most of this season. Still reckon they were 'experimenting' with new formations 2nd half - and I'm sure they need to do something more to sort out their defence. :?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.... anways : here's tomorrow 'local' NL interest for those NOT glued to Fabio's Finest (sans Shrek) flopping against the Spaniards late on Sat PM.

Fixtures Sat 12/11/11

FA Cup 1st Round Proper

Luton Town v Northampton Town
Redbridge v Oxford City
AFC Totton v Bradford Park Avenue
Salisbury City v Arlesey Town
Brentford v Basingstoke Town
Maidenhead United v Aldershot Town

...might be continuing the 'Road To Wembley' - didn't realize :oops: but what with a couple of Sunday matches and MW replays etc etc I have been to a tie in every round so far this season!
Tomorrow though only really two 'new' probables 'locally' Redbridge or Salisbury City - though I did see Salisbury at their old Victoria Park ground - nearly 20 years ago :o bt Thatcham 4-0 in the FA Cup.

CONFS
Boreham Wood v Dover
Dartford v Weston-S-Mare
Dorchester v Hampton & Richmond
Farnborough v Eastleigh
Havant and W v Eastbourne Borough
Tonbridge Angels v Staines Town

ISTH1S
Godalming Town v Faversham Town
SOUTHP
Chesham United v Cirencester Town
SOUTH1C
AFC Hayes v Daventry Town
Bedfont Town v Biggleswade Town
Chalfont St. Peter v Marlow
Chertsey Town v Aylesbury
Fleet Town v Northwood
Leighton Town v Burnham
Rugby Town v Ashford Town (Middx)
Slough Town v St. Neots Town
Woodford United v Beaconsfield SYCOB
SOUTH1S&W
Clevedon Town v Didcot Town
Hungerford Town v Poole Town
Thatcham Town v Bishops Cleeve
Wimborne Town v Abingdon United

CCLP
Ash United v Banstead Athletic
Chessington & Hook United v Raynes Park Vale
Cove v Windsor
Croydon v Egham Town
Dorking v Camberley
Farnham Town v Colliers Wood United
Mole Valley SCR v Sandhurst Town

HELLP
Ascot United v Holyport
Binfield v Abingdon Town
Bracknell Town v Witney Town
Cheltenham Saracens v Kidlington
Henley Town v Ardley United
Oxford City Nomads v Shortwood United
Reading Town v Wokingham & Emmbrook
Shrivenham v Fairford Town
Wantage Town v Flackwell Heath

WESSP
Alton Town v Newport (IOW)

CCL1
Bedfont Sports v Sheerwater
14:00 Eversley v Warlingham
Frimley Green v Bookham
Guernsey v Feltham
Hartley Wintney v South Kilburn
Knaphill v Farleigh Rovers
Staines Lammas v Cobham
Westfield v Worcester Park

HELL1E

14:15 Chalfont Wasps v Highmoor Ibis
Newbury v Milton United
14:15 Woodley Town v Lambourn Sports
WESS1
Amesbury Town v Fleet Spurs
Whitchurch United v Tadley Calleva
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 11 Nov 2011 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 11 Nov 2011 14:31

Four Of Clubs though I did see Salisbury at their old Victoria Park ground - nearly 20 years ago

my first ever football ground. happily my parents now live within 500 yards of it. or what's left of it.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Nov 2011 18:57

Cove 1 - 7 Windsor

Very easy. Could and should have been more.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Nov 2011 19:56

Wax Jacket
Four Of Clubs though I did see Salisbury at their old Victoria Park ground - nearly 20 years ago

my first ever football ground. happily my parents now live within 500 yards of it. or what's left of it.

Another one of my refereeing haunts. Bloody tough running up that hill late on in the 2nd half.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 13 Nov 2011 00:20

Terminal Boardom I am sure that I can find out if the Senior Cup is by invitation. My understanding, based on absolutely feck all, is that the Senior Cup is for clubs in Step 4 of the non-league pyramid and above whereas the Trophy is for Step 5 and below - hence Windsor's involvement in the Senior Trophy this season.

According to the Berks & Bucks Handbook...

Senior Invitation Cup
ELIGIBLE CLUBS
The Competition shall be restricted to those Clubs in membership of the Association who compete
in The Football Association Challenge Cup, The Football Association Trophy Competition and other
Senior Clubs which have floodlight facilities as determined by the Committee. Clubs selected to
compete in the Competition shall be notified annually by April 1st.

Senior Trophy Competition
ELIGIBLE CLUBS
The Competition shall be restricted to those Clubs in membership of the Association who compete
in Leagues from “Feeder” Leagues of the established “Pyramid” system. It shall not be a requirement
to entry of the Senior Trophy for Clubs to play in any of The Football Association Challenge
Competitions. The Cup Competition Committee shall have the power to reject the entry of any
Club or to place the Club in the Competition it considers most appropriate. Clubs accepted into
the Competition shall be designated Full Member Clubs with Associated Senior status. Clubs selected
to compete in the Competition shall be notified annually by April 1st.

It always amuses me that clubs can pay to not enter the county cups. This rule applies to the Senior Trophy and below but there is no charge for not enterring the Senior Invitation Cup.
EXEMPTION FROM COMPETING
Any Club wishing to obtain exemption from Rule 3 shall submit an application, together with the
exemption fee of £750.00 + VAT, giving reasons to the Company Secretary by May 1st.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 Nov 2011 10:08

Yesterday's NL round-up:

FA Cup 1st Round Proper

Luton Town 1-0 Northampton Town
Redbridge 0-0 Oxford City
AFC Totton 8-1 Bradford Park Avenue
Salisbury City 3-1 Arlesey Town att 1298was at this – NOT a great NL match day experience – was not a particularly large crowd for them but there was chaos on entry since there weren’t enough turnstiles operating. Thus the start was delayed needlessly for 15’ – and they’d sold out of progs. Wasn’t as if there were hordes of away fans either; I’d estimate 150 at most?
It was hardly a ‘big’ day for the home side either having played at a higher level for about 5 years not too long ago: also had over 3000 for a home tie vs Forest as recently as 2006.
Had stewards posted at either end of the main stand walkways to prevent people getting to the seats w/o paying BUT that’s where the only loos are inside the ground – so they were largely redundant and worse – generally got in everybody’s way! Especially since people also had to cluster at those points to get to the tea bars – adding to congestion.

Brentford 1-0 Basingstoke Town
Maidenhead United 1-1 Aldershot Town

CONFS
Boreham Wood 4-2 Dover
Dartford 1-1 Weston-S-Mare
Dorchester 1-0 Hampton & Richmond
Farnborough 1-3 Eastleigh
Havant and W 0-0 Eastbourne Borough
Tonbridge Angels 3-2 Staines Town

ISTH1S
Godalming Town 0-1 Faversham Town

SOUTHP
Chesham United 2-1 Cirencester Town
SOUTH1C
AFC Hayes 1-1 Daventry Town
Bedfont Town 1-3 Biggleswade Town
Chalfont St. Peter 4-3 Marlow
Chertsey Town 3-2 Aylesbury
Fleet Town 1-4 Northwood
Leighton Town 3-1 Burnham
Rugby Town 0-4 Ashford Town (Middx)
Slough Town 2-0 St. Neots Town – ‘Rebels’ top: Fleet/Marlow/Burnham in bottom four.
Woodford United 2-1 Beaconsfield SYCOB
SOUTH1S&W
Clevedon Town 0-2 Didcot Town
Hungerford Town 0-2 Poole Town att 150 ‘ Crusaders’ stay top but have lost three in four now – Bideford closing in with games in hand
Thatcham Town 3-1 Bishops Cleeve ‘Kingfishers’ up to third
Wimborne Town 1-3 Abingdon United

CCLP
Ash United 1-1 Banstead Athletic
Chessington & Hook United 1-4 Raynes Park Vale
Cove 1-7 Windsor
Croydon 2-3 Egham Town
Dorking 1-5 Camberley
Farnham Town 3-3 Colliers Wood United
Mole Valley SCR 0-1 Sandhurst Town
Molesey 1-6 Hanworth Villa
Played Friday
Guildford City 2-0 Badshot Lea
CCL1
Bedfont Sports 7-1 Sheerwater
Eversley 1-2 Warlingham
Frimley Green 4-0 Bookham
Guernsey 2-0 Feltham att 1752 – apparently match will be featured on Sky Sports sometime next week?
Hartley Wintney 0-0 South Kilburn
Knaphill 2-2 Farleigh Rovers
Staines Lammas 3-0 Cobham
Westfield 1-2 Worcester Park

HELLP
Ascot United 6-3 Holyport
Binfield 2-3 Abingdon Town :shock:
Bracknell Town 1-1 Witney Town :)
Cheltenham Saracens 1-2 Kidlington
Henley Town 3-4 Ardley United
Oxford City Nomads 2-0 Shortwood United
Reading Town 1-2 Wokingham & Emmbrook att 74
Shrivenham 6-1 Fairford Town att 98
Wantage Town 2-2 Flackwell Heath
HELL1E
Chalfont Wasps 0-1 Highmoor Ibis – and the new boys from Palmer Park go top having lost 4 of their first 5 league games at this level; they have now won 8 in a row – albeit Newbury still 100% are only 1 point behind on 8 wins from 8 - with FIVE games in hand.
Newbury 2-0 Milton United att 119
Woodley Town 1-2 Lambourn Sports

WESSP
Alton Town 2-0 Newport (IOW)
WESS1
Amesbury Town 2-1 Fleet Spurs
Whitchurch United 1-0 Tadley Calleva

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Nov 2011 12:04

Bracknell in 2 league games unbeaten shock, wonder if that's the first time in 3/4 seasons!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 14 Nov 2011 22:23

Barry the bird boggler Bracknell in 2 league games unbeaten shock, wonder if that's the first time in 3/4 seasons!

.... Not far out sadly enough - even last season when they finished lower mid-table they only managed a sequence of three in a row unbeaten twice.

Would probably need to look back into season 08/09 or beyond and I'd very much doubt if they bettered it then either. Can't be @rsed at the moment 'specially as I'm on an iPod.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Nov 2011 12:09

WIndsor 4 - 1 Shrivenham

Another good win with good performances all over the pitch.

Aly Murty
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Non - League thread 2010/11

by Aly Murty » 15 Nov 2011 12:54

AthleticoSpizz Got to feel a bit for Bognor Regis Town of the Ryman Div1

Their 4 to 500 (average) fans lost out on the championship by last day GD to Met Police (who had only 66 turned up to watch them lift the silverware).

Bognor lost out to Dulwich Hamlet in the play off finals, a team that finished a mere 31 points behind them (nearer to relgation than to Bognor).

meantime its Farnboro' v Ebbsfleet in the BS South and Telford v Guisley in the North, finals

Coalville Town 2 Whitley Bay 3 in front of nearly a "far from home" 9000 at Wembley today in the FA Vase Final....why no pay on the door?

Sorry for dragging up an old post, but Bognor lost to Dulwich in the play off semi final. Dulwich then lost to Letherhead in the final despite being 3-1 up.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 15 Nov 2011 21:54

Another loss for Maidenhead at home to Hampton & Richmond, only good thing about tonight is that Staines also lost below them in the table.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 15 Nov 2011 23:14

Two more B&B Trophy ties last night (Tue) : Holyport bt Aylesbury Utd 2-1
RTFC won 1-0 @ Wok & Em but their Reserves go out of the Southern Combination L1-6 @ Westfield - they'd been entering their Firsts in this until this season even got to the Final & won it last season or the one before? (not sure they even had Reserves until 11/12.)

In the Oxon Senior Cup Henley shaded Kidlington 1-0, Thame bt Old Woodstock 3-2 -

Finals of this always seems to end up as Banbury v OUFC - but they more or less get byes to the Semis every year anyway! Though last year was comically different - somehow Oxford City got themselves booted out - and Radio P@xford messed up the S-F draw

(Hedley Feast obviously hadn't warmed up his 'balls' properly before they went in the velvet bag :D - the season before there was rumour that the Witney Town/United ball had rolled under the desk before the 2nd round draw so they got missed out - Oxon FA conjured up some charge relating to dodgy paperwork to expel them anyway!! :P )

- so .... Banbury lost to OUFC a round too early meaning the 'three-siders' had to play Kidlington in the Final. :?

.... Shock result in the Hellenic Prem : Fairford bt Nomads 2-1

Fairly full program in the Southern League incl Marlow D3-3 v Fleet
Slough win well @ Northwood; Thatcham win 2-0 @ Abingdon Utd

...looks like I might sneak off to CCLP Guildford vs Farnham - though am tempted more by B&B Trophy Wantage v Holmer Green. Is dependent upon offsprings' delivery/collection arrangements for Trampolining/Ice Skating - that's pretty spectacular too! :lol:

Plans could come crashing down completely if my better half keeps to her usual habit of missing trains home - think she's in Preston today! :shock:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Nov 2011 09:56

Compo's Hat Another loss for Maidenhead at home to Hampton & Richmond, only good thing about tonight is that Staines also lost below them in the table.

I was looking at Maidenhead's record, apparently they haven't won in the league since they beat Havant on 13th September (over 2 months) :shock:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Nov 2011 10:18

Same pattern emerging as last year?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Nov 2011 21:31

Royal Rother Same pattern emerging as last year?

Yep, although they didn't have the excuse of an elongated cup run last season (they reached the 4th qualifying round before losing at Forest Green). They went 11 games without a win last season around this time but - for my money - they were a poorer side last term. More goals in the team these days, but defensively as wretched as ever! Dave Beasant's son in goal - never rated his dad, rate his son even lower.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 17 Nov 2011 09:21

As we've reached the quarter final stages in the main men's Berks & Bucks FA Competitions here are the games when battle recommences in January

Senior Cup
Chesham United v Slough Town
Chalfont St Peter v Wycombe Wanderers
Maidenhead United v Abingdon United
Hungerford Town v Burnham

Senior Trophy
Sandhurst Town v Abingdon Town
Wantage Town v Holyport
Windsor FC v Newport Pagnell Town
Reading Town v Binfield

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 17 Nov 2011 20:19

... and of course not forgetting the B&B Saturday Intermediate Cup ties this Saturday 19th- thought I'd put them on here before the full Preview :

... nice mix of local STEP6 & 7 clubs still in it from N.Berks, E.Berks, RFL, Wycombe & District, South Mids etc

NB KO times will be earlier than usual on a Saturday - i.e. most likely 13:30.

Hellenic clubs in BOLD

Chalvey WMC Sports V Aylesbury FC Res
Bucks CC V Slough Heating
Hale Leys United V Prestwood
Risborough Rangers V Pitstone & Ivinghoe
Bletchley Town V Chalfont Wasps - Wasps are the holders bt Didcot Casuals in last season's final held at Newport Pagnell Town FC
Olney Town V Hazlemere Sports
Marlow United V Singh Sabha Slough
Aston Clinton V Buckingham Athletic
Didcot Casuals V Thatcham Town Res
Hungerford Town Res V Cookham Dean
Barton Rovers V Letcombe
Lambourn Sports V Childrey United
Highmoor/Ibis V Woodley Saints
Harwell International V Milton United
REME Arborfield V South Reading
Newbury V Didcot Town Res UPDATE - don't all rush to Faraday Rd on Sat PM - Diddy Res can't raise a team match PPoned! :shock:

... though we are delving deep into the lining of the Anorak here! :?
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 18 Nov 2011 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 17 Nov 2011 21:53

Singh Sabha Slough just rolls off the tongue.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 Nov 2011 10:50

Here's the 'main' Preview involving tomorrow's (Sat 19th) 'local' NL clubs:

The FA Carlsberg Vase – 2nd Rd Proper
Alton Town v Wantage Town
Reading Town v Erith Town
Egham Town v Cowes Sports
Hanworth Villa v Deal Town
Ringmer v Binfield
Herne Bay v Winchester City
Littlehampton Town v Flackwell Heath
Lancing v Guildford City
Willand Rovers v Highworth Town

... Friday night FA Vase match: @ North Leigh FC
Old Woodstock Town v Witney Town

CONFS
Chelmsford v Bromley
Dorchester v Sutton Utd
Dover v Woking
Eastbourne Borough v Basingstoke
Eastleigh v Dartford
Hampton & Richmond v Thurrock
Salisbury v Farnborough
Staines Town v Havant and W
Truro City v Tonbridge Angels
Welling v Boreham Wood
Weston-S-Mare v Maidenhead Utd

ISTH1S
Godalming v Whitstable

SOUTHP
Chesham United v Leamington
SOUTH1C
Ashford Town (Middx) v Woodford United
Aylesbury v AFC Hayes
Beaconsfield SYCOB v Leighton Town
Biggleswade Town v Slough Town
Burnham v Barton Rovers
Daventry Town v Fleet Town
Marlow v Bedworth United
North Greenford United v Bedfont Town
Northwood v Rugby Town
St. Neots Town v Chertsey Town
Uxbridge v Chalfont St. Peter
SOUTH1S&W
Abingdon United v Clevedon Town
Cinderford Town v Thatcham Town
Didcot Town v Bideford
North Leigh v Paulton Rovers
Taunton Town v Hungerford Town

CCLP
Camberley Town v Mole Valley SCR
Chessington & Hook United v Ash United
Colliers Wood United v Dorking
Cove v Horley Town
Epsom & Ewell v Croydon
Farnham Town v Banstead Athletic
Raynes Park Vale v Wembley
... no games this w/e for Windsor or Sandhurst
CCL1
Bookham v Staines Lammas
14:00 CB Hounslow United v Knaphill
Cobham v Worcester Park
Feltham v Hartley Wintney
14:00 South Kilburn v Bedfont Sports
14:00 Spelthorne Sports v Eversley
Warlingham v Guernsey
Westfield v Frimley Green

HELLP
Abingdon Town v Bracknell Town
Ardley United v Henley Town
Fairford Town v Kidlington
Holyport v Oxford City Nomads
Shrivenham v Ascot United
Thame United v Slimbridge
Wokingham & Emmbrook v Cheltenham Saracens

HELL1E
Penn & Tylers Green v Finchampstead
Woodley Town v Rayners Lane

WESS1
Tadley Calleva v Andover New Street

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Non - League thread 2010/11

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Nov 2011 20:24

Aly Murty
AthleticoSpizz Got to feel a bit for Bognor Regis Town of the Ryman Div1

Their 4 to 500 (average) fans lost out on the championship by last day GD to Met Police (who had only 66 turned up to watch them lift the silverware).

Bognor lost out to Dulwich Hamlet in the play off finals, a team that finished a mere 31 points behind them (nearer to relgation than to Bognor).

meantime its Farnboro' v Ebbsfleet in the BS South and Telford v Guisley in the North, finals

Coalville Town 2 Whitley Bay 3 in front of nearly a "far from home" 9000 at Wembley today in the FA Vase Final....why no pay on the door?

Sorry for dragging up an old post, but Bognor lost to Dulwich in the play off semi final. Dulwich then lost to Letherhead in the final despite being 3-1 up.
sorry A M, a loose use of the terminology "finals"

The sentiment remains the same

10615 posts