Jordan Rhodes

1419 posts
ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR: Jordan Rhodes

by ankeny » 02 Jul 2012 19:28

terrier58
Ian Royal I find it difficult to accept that Jordan Rhodes (formally) of League One is the hottest prospect outside the Premier League. There are some quality players in the Championship. Snodgrass, Zaha, Deeney, Redman, Davies, McGugan etc etc

And it doesn't matter how well off a club is and how happy the player is, they all have their price. You can stick a silly figure on it if you want, but when it comes down to it, if he goes, he'll go for a shit load less than £8 million.

Are you having a laugh or what, give your head a shake man because your comparisons for talent in your eyes supposed to be better than Rhodes is a joke.
Snodgrass=13 goals, Zaha=9 goals, McGugan=13 goals, RHODES 42 CLUBGOALS, 8 SCOTLAND U21GOALS, but what should I care what you think because he won't be joining you lot anyway..byyyyye. :P :P :P :P

Don't talk to our Ian like that you northern git.

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 02 Jul 2012 19:29

terrier58
Ian Royal I find it difficult to accept that Jordan Rhodes (formally) of League One is the hottest prospect outside the Premier League. There are some quality players in the Championship. Snodgrass, Zaha, Deeney, Redman, Davies, McGugan etc etc

And it doesn't matter how well off a club is and how happy the player is, they all have their price. You can stick a silly figure on it if you want, but when it comes down to it, if he goes, he'll go for a shit load less than £8 million.

Are you having a laugh or what, give your head a shake man because your comparisons for talent in your eyes supposed to be better than Rhodes is a joke.
Snodgrass=13 goals, Zaha=9 goals, McGugan=13 goals, RHODES 42 CLUBGOALS, 8 SCOTLAND U21GOALS, but what should I care what you think because he won't be joining you lot anyway..byyyyye. :P :P :P :P

Only Scotland U21's? if he cant make the Scottish first team, I'm out. 8)

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 02 Jul 2012 19:38

terrier58

Does this sentence make sense in the north?

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 02 Jul 2012 19:44

Blakey's Right Peg
terrier58

I'm not qualified to judge - they never make any sense to me anyway.

Just off to mash a cuppa :?

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 02 Jul 2012 19:50

:lol:

By 'eck lad.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 02 Jul 2012 20:11

terrier58

Curious, if you're so convinced he's not leaving, why are you wasting your time with our little old club? *innocentface*

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 02 Jul 2012 20:23

TheLawnMowerMan
Blakey's Right Peg
terrier58

I'm not qualified to judge - they never make any sense to me anyway.

Just off to mash a cuppa :?

I'll translate for you gentlemen.

"Is one pulling one's leg? One would suggest reconsidering your humble opinion as personally watching Rhodes this season was a delight and is far superior to the young gentlemen named above. Southern peasant."

terrier58

by terrier58 » 02 Jul 2012 21:59

ankeny
terrier58

Don't talk to our Ian like that you northern git.

I would rather be a northern git than a southern miserable Barsteward. You lot should get up north and try some northern hospitality, and sample our real ales not that dishwasher stuff you serve up. Also we have the fine foods from all over the world cooked in the right manner, not like in your neck of the woods. Do they still serve fish and chips with the skin still under the batter... say no more.
To be honest i have always watched out for Readings results since my sister moved to Wokingham, in the early 70's. I have a few memories of elms park and the like, and now your cracking new stadium. I just hope the next time i come and visit her i don't have to catch the train into reading to watch him play. :mrgreen:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Jul 2012 22:06

But the North is shit. Real ales or no real ales. Its still shit.

I drink Larger anyway..

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 Jul 2012 22:07

Hendo But the North is shit. Real ales or no real ales. Its still shit.

I drink Larger anyway..

I hope you're not planning to send it to the jury on that note.

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 02 Jul 2012 22:23

It gets somewhat boring to read the inane comments of a deluded 'Southern' supporter, who actually feels he "knows" what the 'North' is all about. I was born in Theale, and spent many afternoons and evenings at Elm Park, watching Reading FC play, as well as travelling to some of the greater Teams in the Leagues, in Arsenal and Liverpool. I have relatives from Brighton to Aberdeen, and many inbetwwen. I count Britain as my homeland and find pleasure in the people of every County, City, Town and Village. If a person is a cretin, it reflects upon that person, not from where they are, hence I don't believe that any Southerner would believe that you reflect upon them!

Adam Le Fondre came to us from Rotherham and has shown his Northern abilities to help get us back into the Premier. Mayhap, if we get him, Rhodes will help to keep us there.

(Please note that there is not one mode of cussing either warranted or required. Maybe you should try that one day)

southstand67

by southstand67 » 02 Jul 2012 22:31

Royal Bahamas It gets somewhat boring to read the inane comments of a deluded 'Southern' supporter, who actually feels he "knows" what the 'North' is all about. I was born in Theale, and spent many afternoons and evenings at Elm Park, watching Reading FC play, as well as travelling to some of the greater Teams in the Leagues, in Arsenal and Liverpool. I have relatives from Brighton to Aberdeen, and many inbetwwen. I count Britain as my homeland and find pleasure in the people of every County, City, Town and Village. If a person is a cretin, it reflects upon that person, not from where they are, hence I don't believe that any Southerner would believe that you reflect upon them!

Adam Le Fondre came to us from Rotherham and has shown his Northern abilities to help get us back into the Premier. Mayhap, if we get him, Rhodes will help to keep us there.

(Please note that there is not one mode of cussing either warranted or required. Maybe you should try that one day)

His Northern abilities?

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 02 Jul 2012 22:37

Yes. Born in Offerton, Stockport. A Northern Lad, who is doing great things for Reading, and I expect to do even greater!

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 02 Jul 2012 22:38

Royal Bahamas It gets somewhat boring to read the inane comments of a deluded 'Southern' supporter, who actually feels he "knows" what the 'North' is all about. I was born in Theale, and spent many afternoons and evenings at Elm Park, watching Reading FC play, as well as travelling to some of the greater Teams in the Leagues, in Arsenal and Liverpool. I have relatives from Brighton to Aberdeen, and many inbetwwen. I count Britain as my homeland and find pleasure in the people of every County, City, Town and Village. If a person is a cretin, it reflects upon that person, not from where they are, hence I don't believe that any Southerner would believe that you reflect upon them!

I fear you may be taking this thread a little too seriously.

EDIT: and you've misunderstood southstand's point (we all know he's from Stockport!)

southstand67

by southstand67 » 02 Jul 2012 22:40

Royal Bahamas Yes. Born in Offerton, Stockport. A Northern Lad, who is doing great things for Reading, and I expect to do even greater!

Hmmmm, I'm thinking that Reading FC and playing in the Premiership would push any ability he had whether he is from the North or from the South.

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 02 Jul 2012 22:45

Indeed, but at least we are now talking about Reading and Players abilities, without the general cussing of like minded supporter's, even if it is for another team.

...and agreed, RFC and the Premier will push everyone to a higher level of play, no matter where they are from.....

It's going to be a great season, and we trust the first of many, in the Premier League!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 02 Jul 2012 23:10

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 02 Jul 2012 23:23

southstand67

His Northern abilities?

:lol:

royal67

by royal67 » 02 Jul 2012 23:38

Royal Bahamas
It's going to be a great season, and we trust the first of many, in the Premier League!

The third of many, surely.........?

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 03 Jul 2012 00:26

You are most correct in the "third", though I was speaking of this instant anew. A new start to a new future....

1419 posts