Oxford United

122 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Oxford United

by leon » 10 Dec 2012 23:50

Victor Meldrew I can't believe Handbags that you and I are defending Oxford United at all but I have responded early on because of the billy big-time arrogance of Ian Royal and some of the other posters.
They just don't seem able to give respect to other clubs and are the first to whinge when the really big clubs' fans mock Reading as a plastic little club that has never won f*** all.
It's probably because I saw my late in-laws following a team that kept on winning the Southern League and eventually got admitted to the Football League.
They were rewarded for those trips to Kings Lynn,Weymouth and the like by seeing their beloved team go from non-league all the way through to the top level in an incredibly short period of time (helped by the wonderful manager that we ruthlessly sacked when 3rd in the league) and even win a trophy at Wembley.
That IMHO is some achievement and not to be knocked by some Reading plastics who can see no further than John Madejski's a**e.

from a Liverpool fan this is quite odd, and I'm especially loving the accusations of billy big-time arrogance from "Reading plastics who can see no further than John Madejski's a**e." yeah yeah you saw Alf Messer play, well done.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Dec 2012 08:18

Victor is having a mid/late life crisis imo.

some very odd posts on the politics thread re the Tories and gay marriage.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 11 Dec 2012 12:06

leon
Victor Meldrew I can't believe Handbags that you and I are defending Oxford United at all but I have responded early on because of the billy big-time arrogance of Ian Royal and some of the other posters.
They just don't seem able to give respect to other clubs and are the first to whinge when the really big clubs' fans mock Reading as a plastic little club that has never won f*** all.
It's probably because I saw my late in-laws following a team that kept on winning the Southern League and eventually got admitted to the Football League.
They were rewarded for those trips to Kings Lynn,Weymouth and the like by seeing their beloved team go from non-league all the way through to the top level in an incredibly short period of time (helped by the wonderful manager that we ruthlessly sacked when 3rd in the league) and even win a trophy at Wembley.
That IMHO is some achievement and not to be knocked by some Reading plastics who can see no further than John Madejski's a**e.

from a Liverpool fan this is quite odd, and I'm especially loving the accusations of billy big-time arrogance from "Reading plastics who can see no further than John Madejski's a**e." yeah yeah you saw Alf Messer play, well done.

Bit before even my early days,Alf Messer.
You do sound like one of our new breed of arrogant tossersthat I referred to.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Dec 2012 13:14

blimey Victor, get a grip.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 11 Dec 2012 14:04

LUX blimey Victor, get a grip.

It's alright for you m8 you don't live here,you live in the sophisticated part Europe (anywhere but England) whereas we are stuck with the Brit Youff Culture where the word culture really means "with no culture other than the X-factor and East Enders".
The intellectual capacity of people like this Leon is bordering on sub-normal and that's why from time to time some of us take a breather from here.
Oh yes you are perceptive-not a mid or even late life crisis,more an intolerance brought about by a stinking cold,a hacking cough and a very painful foot which all followed a week of tooth ache combined with our football team being dreadful.

I'll soon be back to my usual calm and considered self and the numpties won't get to me.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Dec 2012 14:07

I think you've misjudged Leon.

REMTARDROYAL

by REMTARDROYAL » 11 Dec 2012 14:49

The intellectual capacity of people like this Leon is bordering on sub-normal

smirk

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Dec 2012 00:04

BR2 I'll soon be back to my usual calm and considered self

I've never seen this. Doesn't exist.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 04 Jan 2013 13:18

Reports circulating that Oxford have received a bid from London Welsh to purchase the Kassam for primary use as a rugby ground.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 Jan 2013 14:18

LUX Victor is having a mid/late life crisis imo.

No, he's just a cock.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Jan 2013 14:46

Big Ern
LUX Victor is having a mid/late life crisis imo.

No, he's just a cock.

'greed.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 Jan 2013 15:50

Alexander Litvinenko Reports circulating that Oxford have received a bid from London Welsh to purchase the Kassam for primary use as a rugby ground.

I'd have to ask where London Welsh would get the money from.

With crowds of 1500 or so in the championship, they'd have had a Blue Square Premier budget for most of the time, and can hardly be rolling in cash playing to 4500 in a rented ground.

Divvy

by Divvy » 04 Jan 2013 18:10

Alexander Litvinenko Reports circulating that Oxford have received a bid from London Welsh to purchase the Kassam for primary use as a rugby ground.

Oxford no longer have first refusal on buying the ground off of Kassam either. 8) :lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2013 01:18

BR2
LUX blimey Victor, get a grip.

It's alright for you m8 you don't live here,you live in the sophisticated part Europe (anywhere but England) whereas we are stuck with the Brit Youff Culture where the word culture really means "with no culture other than the X-factor and East Enders".
The intellectual capacity of people like this Leon is bordering on sub-normal and that's why from time to time some of us take a breather from here.

oh yes spot on I'm very much educationally sub normal and "youff Britain" (sic) quite the exemplar in fact... :lol:

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 05 Jan 2013 09:29

I'd have to ask where London Welsh would get the money from.

With crowds of 1500 or so in the championship, they'd have had a Blue Square Premier budget for most of the time, and can hardly be rolling in cash playing to 4500 in a rented ground.

London Welsh have officially denied the story now anyway.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2013 16:42

Oxford United? Nope, never heard of them.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Jan 2013 17:16

sandman Oxford United? Nope, never heard of them.

They are a local non league club that have twice achieved league status, not bad for a little club really.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 06 Jan 2013 04:35

BR2
I'll soon be back to my usual calm and considered self

Calm and considered. :lol: :lol:

Probably more accurate to say "when I am being a bit less of twat than I normally am."

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 07 Jan 2013 12:33

Mr Optimist
sandman Oxford United? Nope, never heard of them.

They are a local non league club that have twice achieved league status, not bad for a little club really.

yeah I'm with Meldrew tbh

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 07 Jan 2013 18:21

A lot of anti-oxford chanting on Saturday.

122 posts