The 'No Surrender' Checklist

Mr.Swainey

Re: The 'No Surrender' Checklist

by Mr.Swainey » 19 Nov 2014 23:39

Big Foot Perhaps time to insert a shameless plug here about the excellent "Reading Loyalist" pin badges I'll be advertising for sale in the coming days/weeks (whenever I can get my arse into gear)

I'll give you a freebie one if you like

:lol:

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 20 Nov 2014 09:44

Big Foot Perhaps time to insert a shameless plug here about the excellent "Reading Loyalist" pin badges I'll be advertising for sale in the coming days/weeks (whenever I can get my arse into gear)

I'll give you a freebie one if you like

:|

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 20 Nov 2014 10:14

The make up of the Scotland national teams' fan base does get overlooked a bit by us. They do well really to keep the Proddy-Celt thing at bay for the most part.

Presumably there must be West Scottish fake tinkers who do follow the Scotland national side without bringing the other issues with them. I remember seeing a handy looking bunch of Hibs boys last time we played up there who were staunch followers of the national team.......maybe Edinburgh doesn't have as big a problem with the historical stuff.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Nov 2014 11:47

Royalclapper The make up of the Scotland national teams' fan base does get overlooked a bit by us. They do well really to keep the Proddy-Celt thing at bay for the most part.

Presumably there must be West Scottish fake tinkers who do follow the Scotland national side without bringing the other issues with them. I remember seeing a handy looking bunch of Hibs boys last time we played up there who were staunch followers of the national team.......maybe Edinburgh doesn't have as big a problem with the historical stuff.

Not as big, but still a problem

Believe you me though, if the game was played at any other ground in Scotland, there wouldn't have been the chants

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Nov 2014 15:26

Darren Bigglestone, 46, from Berkshire arrested for fighting in Glasgow (along with various Scots, Oxford and Portsmouth blokes).

Anyone know him?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Nov 2014 15:49

Just seen a link about that on BBC News - had heard rumours about this on Tuesday night & know one of the 8 in court (not him)

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 20 Nov 2014 20:42

Big Foot
Royalclapper The make up of the Scotland national teams' fan base does get overlooked a bit by us. They do well really to keep the Proddy-Celt thing at bay for the most part.

Not as big, but still a problem

Believe you me though, if the game was played at any other ground in Scotland, there wouldn't have been the chants

Still surprised it was played at Celtic Park, tbh.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2014 21:24

It's the football ground with the biggest capacity in Scotland and I cant see the SRU hiring Murrayfield out in the middle of the Autumn internationals.

Either that or Queens Park reserves had already booked Hampden.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Nov 2014 23:06

From Despair To Where? It's the football ground with the biggest capacity in Scotland and I cant see the SRU hiring Murrayfield out in the middle of the Autumn internationals.

Asked the cabbie on Tuesday, he reckons its because Hampden still isn't ready to host football after the Commonwealth games & that Ibrox had been used extensively recently for other Scottish games, so it was Parkhead's 'turn' as such

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 20 Nov 2014 23:43

Nailed on win as soon as I saw the Scottish team mumbling their way (those of them that bothered) through Flower of Scotland.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Nov 2014 08:58

Big Foot
From Despair To Where? It's the football ground with the biggest capacity in Scotland and I cant see the SRU hiring Murrayfield out in the middle of the Autumn internationals.

Asked the cabbie on Tuesday, he reckons its because Hampden still isn't ready to host football after the Commonwealth games & that Ibrox had been used extensively recently for other Scottish games, so it was Parkhead's 'turn' as such

Fair enough. I just thought with it being the Auld Enemy coming to town for the first time in 15 years, they would use the biggest available stadium.

Gandalf Presley

by Gandalf Presley » 21 Nov 2014 10:21

46 and still into 'top boy' antics, sad can't.

Isn't there a tw@t who's an internationally renowned hooligan with R F C tendencies

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 21 Nov 2014 10:29

From Despair To Where?
Big Foot

Fair enough. I just thought with it being the Auld Enemy coming to town for the first time in 15 years, they would use the biggest available stadium.

...they did, m8

Ibrox - 50,987
Hampden - 52,025
Celtic Park - 60,355

(Also helps answer a classic pub quiz question - "which is the only city in the world to have 3 football stadiums with >50k capacities?")

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Nov 2014 11:32

That's what I meant, that Celtic Park was always going to be used in stead of Hampden for the England game because it's the biggest available.

It was in response to Mr Swainey's surprise at Celtic Park being used.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Nov 2014 12:41

Big Foot ...they did, m8

Ibrox - 50,987
Hampden - 52,025
Celtic Park - 60,355

(Also helps answer a classic pub quiz question - "which is the only city in the world to have 3 football stadiums with >50k capacities?")

and when WH move into the Olympic Stadium that will no longer be true :shock:

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 21 Nov 2014 12:47

From Despair To Where? That's what I meant, that Celtic Park was always going to be used in stead of Hampden for the England game because it's the biggest available.

It was in response to Mr Swainey's surprise at Celtic Park being used.

I meant in relation to Celtic Park and it's Irish background. On Friday, it looked like half of Celtic Park was filled with Irish.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 22 Nov 2014 00:03

Nothing says stylish football casual like your own run of pin badges.