The Non - League thread

10616 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Non - League thread 2015/16

by Royal Rother » 05 Mar 2016 06:57

Royalist http://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/sport/14319953.Woodham_slams_Windsor_s_lack_of_direction/

Seems even Mick is fed up of the club not paying players whilst having a vague hope of promotion. It's like people are only just twigging onto the fact the club is and always will be drifting unless another money man comes in

Sorry, now you want the club to start paying players?

Priceless!

Royalist

by Royalist » 05 Mar 2016 10:05

Nope. But it'll carry on in a up and down state in the current set up. I think most current fans know and accept this but i can understand a managers frustrations too. I'd overhaul non league football in the uk rather than make Windsor have to rely on a money man but that's not very likely at all!

Off to Chesham today as a family friend is playing there. Hope they still have the decent burger van as thats the real reason i agreed to go! :D

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Mar 2016 13:39

Dave Pearce was an excellent young player at Windsor & Eton 6+ years ago. (Although he was David when he was with us!!)

I guess he was at Stag Meadow when you used to come down so it should be interesting to see how he's developed.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Mar 2016 17:42

Windsor 3-1 Hanworth Villa

We may be struggling this season but we still have some character in the locker and turned in a really good performance today. Not particularly pretty (are we Camberley in disguise?) but with only 2 subs named and a number of young faces consistently outpacing HV's defence the somewhat unexpected result was much appreciated by the dwindling number of Windsor faithfuls.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Mar 2016 00:41

Royal Rother
AthleticoSpizz Why not start a W&E FC thread for yourself and Rother?

What a strange thing to post.

W&E FC doesn't exist, but the club we follow (in my case support) are non league. The fact people rarely make posts about specific other non league clubs on here is hardly our fault. :D
no...the only strange thing was the need to make that post..........which was purely to bounce any kind of post above the allergycymn spam sh1t

Although it has to be said.......despite me myself being a Stag Meadow regular in the early 1990's.....it has become a bit of a turn-off clicking on your posts on this thread of late

So much more decent NL stuff going on right now elsewhere, but you seem one dimensionally set on that one team

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Mar 2016 09:41

You are kidding me right?

One dimensionally set on Windsor??? Well, ummm, yes, I support Windsor FC.

I go and watch most of their games, home and away, and regularly make comment on the goings on at Stag Meadow. But I have been doing all that for the last 8 years.

So what? It's up to others to balance out the content of the thread if they wish, not me.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Mar 2016 10:11

Just can't believe the demise of Basingstoke! Town of this size needs a conference football team!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Mar 2016 23:12

Results from yesterday:

SATURDAY 5th March 2016

NAT
Lincoln City 2-0 Aldershot Town
Woking 0-1 Dover Athletic
NATN
Lowestoft Town 1-2 Brackley Town - 'Saints' claw their way out of the bottom three though Lowestoft do have games in hand.
NATS
Concord Rangers 2-2 Wealdstone
Eastbourne Borough 2-0 Hayes & Yeading Utd
Ebbsfleet United 2-0 Gosport Borough
Havant & Waterlooville 1-2 Hemel Hempstead Town
Maidenhead United 3-1 Margate - good win for Magpies - up next on Tuesday evening is the visit of leaders Ebbsfleet
Maidstone United 3-1 Basingstoke Town
Oxford City 1-1 Bath City
St Albans City 0-3 Sutton United
Truro City 1-0 Chelmsford City
Weston-Super-Mare 2-1 Dartford
Whitehawk 2-3 Bishop's Stortford

ISTHP
Farnborough 5-0 Grays Athletic - 2nd half hat-trick for Royals loanee - Bogdan ‘Boggy’ Vastsuk
Staines Town 2-0 Merstham

SOUTHP
Chesham United 4-2 Bedworth United - incl 90’ pen for Pearce
King's Lynn Town P-P Hungerford Town - waterlogged - Crusaders host lowly Paulton on Monday evening
Slough Town 1-0 Dunstable Town Smith 82’ pen
SOUTH1C
Chalfont St Peter 3-2 North Greenford United another late pen sees off the bottom club who’d drawn level in the last 10’
Egham Town 2-1 Arlesey Town - AFC R&D's game was called off this PM which enabled Kings Langley to grab top spot - but 'Sarnies' are handily placed 3rd with games in hand
Godalming Town 0-1 Ware
Hanwell Town 0-1 St Ives Town
Leighton Town P-P Uxbridge - had even tried playing this at Barton Rovers FC, just north of Luton but to no avail
Northwood 2-1 Fleet Town - Fleet’s recent good run comes to an end, again an injury time settler
Petersfield Town 2-1 Bedford Town
Royston Town 2-2 Beaconsfield SYCOB
SOUTH1S&W
Bashley 1-2 Yate Town - 'Bash' close to grabbing only their 2nd point of their campaign but at least are now finally in double figures in their ‘goals for’ column.
Bishops Cleeve 1-1 Burnham
Bridgwater Town 0-1 Didcot Town
Cinderford Town P-P Wantage Town
Marlow 3-3 Wimborne Town
North Leigh P-P Shortwood United
Winchester City 3-1 Swindon Supermarine – 2 more for the prolific Bentley – Banbury won at Mangotsfield to stay 4 pts clear at the top but have played 5 games more than 2nd placed Cinderford and 3 more than City in 3rd, a point further back

CCLP
Camberley Town 0-1 Westfield
Chertsey Town 3-5 Epsom & Ewell
Cove 3-0 Chessington & Hook United – :) great win for much-troubled Cove now only 5 points behind Redhill whose game was postponed – sadly Cove have played 5 games more.
Farnham Town 2-5 Bedfont Sports
Guildford City 3-2 Badshot Lea
Hartley Wintney
2-1 Knaphill
Horley Town 3-1 AFC Hayes
Raynes Park Vale 3-3 Colliers Wood United
Redhill P-P Ashford Town (Middx)
Sutton Common Rovers 3-2 Spelthorne Sports
Windsor 3-1 Hanworth Villa
CCL1
Abbey Rangers 6-0 Dorking
Ash United 2-1 CB Hounslow United – bit of a shock reverse for the league leaders at lowly AUFC
Bedfont & Feltham 1-0 Farleigh Rovers
Cobham 0-2 Eversley & California
Epsom Athletic P-P South Park Res
Sheerwater 1-3 Banstead Athletic
Staines Lammas 2-2 Sandhurst Town
Worcester Park 4-1 Frimley Green

HELLP
Abingdon United 0-2 Ascot United
Binfield
3-2 Tuffley Rovers
Brackley Town Saints 3-1 Longlevens AFC
Flackwell Heath 0-1 Highworth Town - rare setback for Heathens – leaders 'Kingfishers' narrow win over Thame sees a 7 point gap opened up at the top
Kidlington 4-1 Brimscombe & Thrupp
Lydney Town 3-2 Ardley United
Milton United 2-2 Royal Wootton Bassett
Thatcham Town 3-2 Thame United
Wokingham & Emmbrook P-P Bracknell Town
- Highmoor/IBIS won their midweek fixture 2-0 at RWBT
HELL1E
Chinnor 4-0 Holyport
Old Woodstock Town 2-2 Finchampstead
Rayners Lane 1-1 Chalfont Wasps
Wantage Town Res 3-0 Woodley United
HELL1W
Letcombe 1-2 Cheltenham Saracens

WESSP
Andover Town 3-3 Cowes Sports
Whitchurch United 0-2 Horndean
WESS1
Amesbury Town 4-0 Alton Town
Andover New Street
2-3 Romsey Town
Christchurch 1-1 Fleet Spurs
Hythe & Dibden P-P Pewsey Vale
Tadley Calleva 1-1 New Milton Town

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 09 Mar 2016 14:16

The Horndean Vs Salisbury game was level at 2-2 last night when they abandoned the game at half time as part of the pitch was being cut up.

Bet the supporters were thrilled! Though perhaps a blessing for Salisbury as were 2-0 up before Horndean came back.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Mar 2016 11:02

...fairly busy midweek with a lot of our 'local' sides in action (not just that faux Union Jack wearing mob from Stag Meadow :twisted: )

Sadly I was no part of it on Tuesday evening thanks to the accident on the M4 nr 8/9 late PM - sat in a queue for 90 mins - eventually turned round at the Maidenhead junction c. 20:40 and came back home. :( ..... still at least I only missed a football match - for someone it may well have been far worse. :cry: :cry:

National League - National:
...already mentioned somewhere else that the Sh!ts were edged out {EIGHT} 8-2 by Chester :mrgreen: - in front of the lowest league crowd (1425) at the Deva since the clubs' reformation.
Woking shared a goal and a red card apiece at Eastleigh but the 'Spitfires' won it deep in stoppage time.
- South:
.. creditable draw for the Magpies 0-0 at home to leaders Ebbsfleet - they are now up to 7th :shock: - Oxford City lost at home by the odd goal in five to high flying Maidstone.
In the Hampshire Senior Cup Semi-Finals Basingstoke went out 0-2 at Havant & W, who will now play Winchester City in the Final - City prevailing 3-0 at Fleet Town - I suspect they may play this at St Mary's April/May time - though last years Final early in May was held at Fratton Park?

Southern - Premier:
'Rebels' undone 2-1at relegation threatened Frome, whilst basement club Bideford got a rare win at Dorchester; on Monday evening Hungerford continued to press for a Play Off spot with a 3-1 win at home to lowly Paulton including two in the first 10', - 'Crusaders' stay 5th.
One Central:
Egham won 4-0 at Hanwell to stay 2nd; Beaconsfield SYCOB won 2-1 at Petersfield (who are changing their name for next season and dropping the SYCOB bit, as they no longer have any association with Slough Youth Club. I'm not sure if they've decided upon 'Town' or 'United' - have a feeling it might be 'Town' as there used to be a club with the latter suffix)
One South & West:
... goals aplenty in this section this week - Nor Lye's match at home to Wimborne was washed out on Wednesday but elsewhere leaders Banbury were hammered 7-1 at 5th place Taunton.
Burnham's sorry season continues, walloped 0-4 at The Gore by Larkhall; they now sit 7 points adrift of the 'Freds' with only 8 games left.
Wantage unsurprisingly also took a heavy beating at Cinderford, who are back to 2nd and with games in hand over the 'Puritans'.
Marlow picked up three valuable points at Oak Tree Rd with a 2-0 win over Bps Cleeve and whipping boys Bashley let in another 7 without reply at Evesham.
Supermarine stay in touch at the top in 3rd with a 3-2 win over Mangotsfield - Winchester in Cup action (above) are in 4th.

Combined Counties - Premier:
...our favourite much featured lads from SL4 8) slipped to a 3-1 defeat at Bedfont Sports, who reportedly are really making a lot of effort to upgrade their ground - apparently close to seating on all four sides. Visitor for this match wrote at length on NLM about the ground and particularly the aerial entertainment - as in large metal containers 'falling out of the sky ' on their way into H'row - is quite an overbearing feature there. He also waxed none too lyrically on the away sides stylised kit. 8)
Other matches in this league: - Cove lost 5-2 at Westfield, Knaphill bt Baggy Lea 3-0; Ashford T slipped up 2-3 at RPV - Horley and Chertsey drew a blank and Redhill lost 2-3 at home to Spelthorne.
Div One :
Sandhurst lost 0-3 at Bottom Meadow to Bedfont and Feltham; Ash drew 1-1 with Sheerwater.
In the Aldersh!t Cup Q-F Camberley inflicted a rare home defeat on Hartley Wintney 3-2.
Not sure of the S-F line ups but Alresford and Farnham are through with Badshot Lea and Fleet Town due to play their Q-F tie next Thursday week (17th) at Ash Utd FC.

Hellenic:
,,,with Flackwell Heath otherwise engaged in the B&B Trophy S-F - got past Binfield 2-0 and will play Newport Pagnell in the Final venue date tba - Thatcham and Kidlington took full advantage both securing big wins - Kiddy {NINE} 9-2 over Milton Utd and the 'Kingfishers' 5-3 at Tuffley - 2 more goals for the prolific Jon Bennett.
Thame who host Thatcham on Saturday beat the other Glawster-based side Longlevens 4-0 at the ASM Stadium.

...and finally - in the Supplementary Cup: Bracknell won 2-1 vs Nor Lye Ressies and host Woodley Utd in the 3rd round (last 16)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Mar 2016 16:17

It's a kit that's all. An unusual one - in fact a unique one. And it gets people talking. Job done. :D

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 Mar 2016 08:57

...today's NL fixtures - Semi-Finals day in the two national Competitions:

Saturday 12th March

The FA Trophy – Semi Final – 1st Leg
1 Nantwich Town v FC Halifax Town
2 Bognor Regis Town v Grimsby Town
The FA Vase – Semi Final – 1st Leg
1 Hereford v Salisbury
2 Bowers & Pitsea v Morpeth Town

01 NAT
Aldershot Town v Torquay United
Cheltenham Town v Woking
02 NATN
Brackley Town v Bradford Park Avenue
02 NATS
Basingstoke Town v Havant & Waterlooville - a quick 'repeat' fixture following the midweek Hants Semi-Final - fairly vital they grab three points from the 'Hawks' who sit just outside the relegation places - 8 points above the Dragons. The other two sides above 'stoke (W-S-M & StAlebuns) have awkward away trips today
Bath City v Ebbsfleet United
Bishop's Stortford v Eastbourne Borough
Chelmsford City v Maidenhead United
Dartford v Whitehawk
Gosport Borough v Concord Rangers
Hayes & Yeading Utd v St Albans City
Hemel Hempstead Town v Truro City
Margate v Oxford City
Sutton United v Weston-Super-Mare
Wealdstone v Maidstone United

03 ISTHP
Metropolitan Police v Farnborough
Staines Town v Brentwood Town

03 SOUTHP
Biggleswade Town v Chesham United
Hungerford Town
v Cirencester Town
St Neots Town v Slough Town
04 SOUTH1C
Barton Rovers v Chalfont St Peter
Beaconsfield
SYCOB v Ware
Godalming Town v Aylesbury United
North Greenford United v Fleet Town
Northwood v Egham Town
Uxbridge v St Ives Town
04 SOUTH1S&W
AFC Totton v North Leigh
Burnham v Cinderford Town - tough one for Blues - visitors in 2nd chasing hard for the top spot, have games in hand over Banbury
Didcot Town v Bashley - Railwaymen have a chance to boost GD this PM against Bash but are probably too far adrift for a chance of a Play Offs place.
Shortwood United v Marlow
Wantage Town
v Winchester City - Freds face a scary challenge today - have a very leaky defence and host the division's top scorers.

CCLP
AFC Hayes v Raynes Park Vale
Ashford Town (Middx) v Bedfont Sports
Badshot Lea v Cove
Camberley Town
v Windsor - expect RR's got his joke glasses/moustache disguise kit ready for a visit to his 'pals' at Krooner - the hosts did lose rather surprisingly at home to Westfield in the league last time out so if Windsor turn up anything's possible - whether they are playing dressed as giant bags of pasta or not :D - tbf I still think the worse kit I've seen for a while is Fleet Town's away kit a couple years back - looked as if they were wrapped in huge rolls of hazard tape - yellow and black diagonal bands. That jade green Chelski takeaway-sponsored outfit from yonks ago was a close 2nd.

Chessington & Hook United v Hartley Wintney
Colliers Wood United v Horley Town
Epsom & Ewell v Knaphill
Hanworth Villa v Farnham Town
Redhill v Sutton Common Rovers
Spelthorne Sports v Guildford City
Westfield
v Chertsey Town
CCL1
Abbey Rangers v Epsom Athletic
Bedfont & Feltham v Dorking Wanderers Res
Dorking v Sandhurst Town
Eversley & California
v Ash United
Farleigh Rovers v Banstead Athletic
South Park Res v Sheerwater
Staines Lammas v CB Hounslow United
CCL1 Challenge Cup S-F
Worcester Park v Cobham

HELLP
Binfield v Lydney Town
Brimscombe & Thrupp v Milton United
Flackwell Heath v Longlevens AFC
Highworth Town v Kidlington
Oxford City Nomads v Ascot United
Thame United
v Thatcham Town
Tuffley Rovers v Bracknell Town
HELL1E
Bicester Town v Chinnor
Chalfont Wasps PP Finchampstead - Finch unable to raise a team?
Holyport v Didcot Town Res
Old Woodstock Town v Headington Amateurs
Penn & Tylers Green v Woodley United
HELL1W
Hook Norton v Letcombe
HELL Supp R2
14:30 Moreton Rangers v Wokingham & Emmbrook - a rare trip for the struggling 'Sumas', to one of only two 'first' teams at Hellenic Division Two level. The other one being Stokenchurch who oddly enough I think they've also visited this season, in some cup or other?

WESSP
Andover Town Hamworthy United
Folland Sports Whitchurch United - 'Jam Boys' recent run of good form should be extend with a visit to today's bottom side
WESS1
Alton Town v Laverstock & Ford - the upturn in form for the 'Brewers' has come too late to make an impact this season. They have vastly improved since moving into their shiny new all-weather facility this season, just over the road from their lovely old Bass brewery ground. Running out of games together with their ongoing fragility on the road, sees them stuck in the chasing pack.

Andover New Street v Hythe & Dibden - ANS have been on an awful run; 8 straight defeats in the league since December; which has seen them plummet from, for them, an almost unprecedented spot in the top half of the league down to third bottom. They are unlikely to fall much further but only because the sides below them Pewsey and E.Cowes are so bog-awful - though the Wilts side have games in hand on New St and have shown sporadic signs of 'bounce' of late. Having had no wins to late December Pewsey have now picked up three - significantly v East Cowes and New St, as well as Totton & Eling - who aren't much better.

Fleet Spurs v East Cowes Victoria - 'Spurs' have picked up greatly in the last month - having struggled for players they completely collapsed around the New Year shipping 17 goals in three games; they've now gone on a run of three wins and two draws, lifting them up to mid-table. Anything less than a win today against a side with a -61 GD would be disappointing.

Pewsey Vale v United Services Portsmouth
Tadley Calleva v Downton - hosts have also improved greatly of late 6 wins from 8 - with a few games in hand courtesy of a decent Vase run , they are, in theory, still in touch for runners-up spot which might bring promotion. Runaway leaders and probably 'uncatchable' are new boys this season, Portland Utd who'd spent a few years away recuperating in the Daaarset leagues

...I am sans FoC famille this PM - they are all away on a Parish w/e in Borenmouth :? so pondering options.
- would like to get a rare 'new' tick somewhere but don't fancy going too far - Probably means I'll stay 'low 'n local' - so well below the radar of this preview's remit. Trouble is anything higher up today, would be open to the vagaries of the M4/M40/M25 and I'm still irked about my 'non-trip' last Tuesday thanks to M4 issues :evil: . Might leave a bit earlier - since I don't have kids AM football to watch/Lifeguard transport etc and pick a 'trundly' route cross country. Think the highest pIaced one I've spotted is at up at Evesham at STEP04 but that's probably better done in nicer weather and with mate or youngest in tow. Decisions, decisions :mrgreen:
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 12 Mar 2016 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

Royalist

by Royalist » 12 Mar 2016 09:46

Seems the FA's idea of having the two non league finals with a gap between for the england match in Manchester has been thwarted by a running race in Manchester meaning England game now kicks off later clashing with the the fa trophy. Wonder if its not too late to move the games so they are closer together?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Mar 2016 10:51

Not going to Camberley unfortunately FOC. Shame as both players and fans are pretty easy to wind up by the looks of it.

Mind you, although we've played well against the top teams this season on the whole, I suspect we might get a stuffing this afternoon.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 Mar 2016 11:55

Royal Rother Mind you, although we've played well against the top teams this season on the whole, I suspect we might get a stuffing this afternoon.

...do any good on the Lotto RR ? ..if so - I'd keep your run going and bung a load on 'Kennomeat Boy' or 'Winalot Lass' at Cheltenham this week? :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...anyhows - heres' yesterday's NL round-up.....

Saturday 12th March

The FA Trophy – Semi Final – 1st Leg
1 Nantwich Town 2-4 FC Halifax Town att 2078
2 Bognor Regis Town 0-1 Grimsby Town att 2629
The FA Vase – Semi Final – 1st Leg
1 Hereford 1-0 Salisbury – att 4683 – almost as many as the two Trophy semi-Final crowds combined!!
2 Bowers & Pitsea 2-2 Morpeth Town att 426 (played at Concord Rangers FC)

01 NAT
Aldershot Town 0-0 Torquay United
Cheltenham Town 4-0 Woking att 2951 – Dan Holman with all four goals
02 NATN
Brackley Town 0-0 Bradford Park Avenue - Saints just outside the bottom three but Lowestoft who lost narrowly 1-2 at runaway leaders Solihull have two games in hand.
02 NATS
Basingstoke Town 1-1 Havant & Waterlooville
Bath City 1-1 Ebbsfleet United
Bishop's Stortford 1-1 Eastbourne Borough
Chelmsford City 4-1 Maidenhead United - disappointing for Magpies who host Dartford on Tuesday evening
Dartford 2-4 Whitehawk
Gosport Borough 2-3 Concord Rangers
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1-3 St Albans City
Hemel Hempstead Town 2-1 Truro City
Margate 0-2 Oxford City
Sutton United 0-0 Weston-Super-Mare
Wealdstone 2-2 Maidstone United
- None of the top 6 registered a win so all the more galling that Maidenhead flopped at Chelmsford – all the sides that Basingstoke are trying to chase down picked up points too – StAlebuns win at HandY opens up a 5 point gap, with W-S-M a further two points away.

03 ISTHP
Metropolitan Police 1-2 Farnborough - winner scored by our very own ‘Boggy’ Vastsuk on 69’ – sadly Brentwood’s win at Staines below, keeps ‘boro in the bottom three.
Staines Town 0-1 Brentwood Town

03 SOUTHP
Biggleswade Town 2-2 Chesham United
Hungerford Town 1-2 Cirencester Town - poor result for ‘Crusaders’ who drop out of the top 5 - they welcome the 'Rebels' to Bulpit Lane this Monday evening
St Neots Town 0-0 Slough Town
- Long-time leaders Poole lost at Leamington to allow Redditch, 5-0 winners at Paulton, to move with reach
04 SOUTH1C
Barton Rovers 0-1 Chalfont St Peter
Beaconsfield SYCOB 1-1 Ware - very late leveller from the spot
Godalming Town 1-0 Aylesbury United
Kings Langley 2-0 Aylesbury
North Greenford United 2-4 Fleet Town
Northwood 0-2 Egham Town
Uxbridge 2-4 St Ives Town
04 SOUTH1S&W
AFC Totton 2-1 North Leigh
Burnham 2-3 Cinderford Town
Didcot Town {SEVEN} 7-0 Bashley - seven different goalscorers I believe? :shock:
Shortwood United 1-2 Marlow - 'Blues' turn it around in the last 15’
Wantage Town 0-3 Winchester City
- ‘As you were’ at the top with away wins for all four; leaders Banbury at Slimbridge and Supermarine at Wimborne – Taunton in 5th also won

CCLP
AFC Hayes 3-4 Raynes Park Vale
Ashford Town (Middx) 3-2 Bedfont Sports
Badshot Lea 2-0 Cove
Camberley Town
5-0 Windsor presumably raw power prevailed – visitors drop to 13th – hosts sit in 4th and do have some games in hand on those above but are probably too far adrift of Hartley to make an impact. Much as at the closing stages of last season (I think) the lower half of the table probably contain the best sides on form over the last 6 game or so – so if Town do keep ‘bulldozing on’ they may yet come close.

Colliers Wood United 2-0 Horley Town
Epsom & Ewell 1-2 Knaphill - bit of an upset for the ‘Salts’ but ‘Knappers’ form is definitely on the up, won 5 in 6 and have now climbed to 11th
Hanworth Villa 1-3 Farnham Town Farnham have won 6 of the last 7 (incl Cup games) and 4 of last 6 in the league
Redhill 2-2 Sutton Common Rovers
Spelthorne Sports 5-0 Guildford City - another ‘form book’ conundrum – 'Spelly' doing nothing special of late, stagger City who’d won their previous 5.
Westfield 4-1 Chertsey Town - even the ‘Field’ have now managed three wins in a row, including an impressive away victory at Camberley.
CCL1
Abbey Rangers 2-0 Epsom Athletic
Bedfont & Feltham 5-1 Dorking Wanderers Res
Dorking 5-1 Sandhurst Town
Eversley & California 1-2 Ash United
Farleigh Rovers 0-2 Banstead Athletic
South Park Res 0-0 Sheerwater
Staines Lammas 1-2 CB Hounslow United
CCL1 Challenge Cup S-F
Worcester Park 2-0 Cobham

HELLP
Binfield 1-2 Lydney Town - how times have moved on: about a year ago these met in the Floodlit Cup Q-F - Lydney were top of Div One West at the time but Moles ran out easy 6-0 winners on that occasion.

Brimscombe & Thrupp 2-0 Milton United
Flackwell Heath 3-1 Longlevens AFC
Highworth Town 2-3 Kidlington - vital win for Kiddy with Thatcham dropping points – they are 2nd, have games in hand (4) and on current form look to have the better chance of overhauling the ‘Kingsfishers’ than Flackwell.

Oxford City Nomads 2-3 Ascot United - ‘Yellamen’ find some form but have too much to do and too few games left (5) to make an impact on top spot. Two of their remaining league games are against the ‘Moles’ too.

Thame United 0-0 Thatcham Town
Tuffley Rovers 1-6 {SIX} Bracknell Town - excellent win for Robins to further ease any worries about relegation – have now hauled themselves out of the bottom four

– seems the powers that be are yet again re-visiting the Pyramid structure around STEP05/06. From NEXT season (possibly) the Hellenic Premier may need to contain 22 clubs – that does not bode well for the two Division One’s. There are simply not enough clubs in the lower/county level leagues who wish to come up to STEP06 – and that will leave the two very short of viable clubs unless they can promote more Reserve sides. A merger of One East and One West would be unlikely simply because of the size of geographical footprint i.e. Lydney/Gloucester in the west; to Rayners Lane in the east - close to 130 miles one way.
The eastern boundary could be shifted west slightly, as I presume Rayners Lane would finally be 'moved' into the CCL or SSML and more than likely Chalfont Wasps & Penn & Tylers would be shifted or expelled (will never get grading where they are currenty based) down into the E.Berks or Wycombe leagues

HELL1E
Bicester Town 3-2 Chinnor
Holyport 0-1 Didcot Town Res
Old Woodstock Town 1-4 Headington Amateurs
Penn & Tylers Green 3-0 Woodley United
HELL1W
Hook Norton 3-0 Letcombe
HELL Supp R2
Moreton Rangers 1-3 Wokingham & Emmbrook -att 96 – day’s highest in the Hellenic – next biggest crowd was 90 at Thame
Reading Senior Cup R2
Henley Town 3-2 Woodcote Stoke Row

- I took in a One West game at Supermarine’s Webbswood Stadium and watched current leaders Fairford Town make heavy weather of beating lowly New College Swindon. I’d not seen NCS play there before, so can count it in the ‘Anorak’s Ledger’ as a ‘half-tick’ :P – Town eventually won 3-1 – sealing victory with almost the last kick of the game. Under the re-structure Fairford should progress, as they have the facilities but if only two are promoted this season they are very likely to miss out. Most of the chasing pack, have the necessary grading and more importantly have games in hand. It makes for an interesting scuffle; with Cheltenham Saracens, Carterton and Hook Norton in the mix for promotion.

WESSP
Andover Town 2-1 Hamworthy United
Folland Sports 0-2 Whitchurch United
WESS1
Alton Town 3-2 Laverstock & Ford
Andover New Street 3-1 Hythe & Dibden
Fleet Spurs 3-0 East Cowes Victoria
Pewsey Vale 1-3 United Services Portsmouth
Tadley Calleva 1-0 Downton

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2016 14:44

paultheroyal
Tony Le Mesmer Controversial goal in the Guiseley v Braintree game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCrUEqThTh0

Now im not in favour kicking the ball out and giving it back unless a player is properly hurt, but this is pretty bad. Looks like a clear attempt to score from the restart despite clearly offering the ball back. Keeper had no chance!

Good footage - my observations.

No blame on the referee.

The goal scorer was no doubt fancying his chances but the keeper also played a part - clearly calling for the ball in the direction that he was in - opening the chances for a goal being scored.

Easiest solution was to walk the goal in - they decided to not allow that - says it all about the clubs involved.

Understand it also kicked off afterwards.

Linked to the refereeing post by Sutekh on another topic - just shows you how hard the job of refereeing is when you get crazy situations like this with the involvement of what could be classed as brain dead players and managers.

Paul, isn't there a law about unsporting conduct or something similar?

Couldn't the ref use that as an excuse to blow up for a freekick / dish out a yellow to discourage it in future?

I'm not saying that's a good solution, just wondering how plausible it is in the laws.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Mar 2016 20:00

Wouldn't apply in this situation as game commenced correctly and this is all about a "gentlemans agreement" - only thing the ref could of done is blow the whistle and then say foul throw or wrong place taken etc but he would need to be switched on and quick.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 13 Mar 2016 20:05

Went to Didcot Bashley yesterday. 7 nil to the home side. Bashley are probably the most inept side I've seen in recent times. Hats off to their number one (and only) fan.....Keith. Dressed as an arab, stood and sung for the entire game and his side didn't even have a shot on target.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 13 Mar 2016 20:07

Good incentive from Didders too - pay what you want for the game (although a fiver minimum put you in a draw for some prizes). Crowd of only 150 though. Ground situated on a massive housing estate. What more can you do to get people through the turnstiles?

Royalist

by Royalist » 14 Mar 2016 18:47

Windsors free ticket offer is a diminishing success too with the greatest success the first time they did it. I think non league clubs need to do more to become a hub of the community rather than being the football club down the road. amateur sporting clubs do it better than semi pro football clubs in the main. Not sure if its a case of facilities or something else.

I think strong and real part of the club youth systems will help but as a slow build rather than a quick fix

Remember going to Bashley when they must of had money. Lovely setting for a ground i recall but slightly out of the way so always going to be needing a money man

10616 posts