Another finals another load of idiots

217 posts
jd82
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Another finals another load of idiots

by jd82 » 20 Jun 2016 13:51

But you weren't in Marsielle, so how do you know........i think if you just admit you've thoroughly enjoyed ING-ER-LAND getting their well overdue comeuppance we can move on.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jun 2016 14:01

St Pauli
Hoop Blah
St Pauli Interesting contrast between this article and the comments below by people who were in Marseille:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/euro-201 ... the-police

You'll have to point out the interesting contrasts from the two comments from people there (well one who was actually in Marseilles and pretty much agreed with the main point of poor policing, the other one I assume was elsewhere watching Ireland).

As already pointed out, the German policing was very, very hands off in 2006. English fans still kicked off. You're wrong, and anyone who was in Marseille and is honest with themselves know's it.

I don't think being very, very hands off is what is needed in crowd control. Neither is the French approach of going from 0/10 to 10/10 when they fancy it instead of having a low-profile presence and attempting to diffuse an escalating situation with some strong but selective policing (and protection of innocent fans from attack) and saving the tear gas and water cannon once those more measured approaches fail.

I was more asking about the interesting comments you referred to, Your post made it sound like there were dozens of Marseilles veterans blaming the English for all the trouble and saying that the French policing didn't contribute at all. What I found was an Irishman (who presumably wasn't there either) blaming the Ing-er-land'ers for being oxf*rd and deserving of heavy handed policing and one Englishman who was actually there agreeing that England fans are borish but NOT deserving of a the policing and lack of protection.

I guess you read what you want to read.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 20 Jun 2016 18:02

The comments are there for people to read, so I'm not going to bother arguing about why you've been so selective on it and simply don't want to recognise the significant role a significant number of England fans play in this. Anyway, tbf to HNA? with the exception of yourself and Brendy there seems to be an acknowledgement that it's not some conspiracy of foreigners that are the sole cause of all this so I'll leave it at that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jun 2016 09:44

Well I've spent the last 3 days in Marseille and I've so far managed to avoid throwing chairs at people or get tear gassed so I believe it can be done.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jun 2016 12:44

leon Well I've spent the last 3 days in Marseille and I've so far managed to avoid throwing chairs at people or get tear gassed so I believe it can be done.

But have you been able to resist the temptation after 17 pints of lager?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Jun 2016 14:38

Saddened to see fighting from Russian, French, Hungarian, German, Croatian, Ukrainian and English fans this tournament.

Chuck out the Belgians for throwing a flare on the pitch too and you're back down to 16 teams and a more sensible format :!:

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Jun 2016 14:51

leon Well I've spent the last 3 days in Marseille and I've so far managed to avoid throwing chairs at people or get tear gassed so I believe it can be done.

<why can't I find that wolves fan picture when I want it/>

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Jun 2016 15:15

Maguire Saddened to see fighting from Russian, French, Hungarian, German, Croatian, Ukrainian and English fans this tournament.

Chuck out the Belgians for throwing a flare on the pitch too and you're back down to 16 teams and a more sensible format :!:

Don't know how serious you're being but I pondered this the other day.
Nevermind controlling fans 'whilst inside the stadium' - throw us out because our fans were dicks in Marseille, and the 'fans', and our FA, would soon get the message.

Don't know if it's been covered but got an interesting perpsective on the Croatian in-fighting from a Brit friend who was the the game with the Czechs and in the end where the trouble started. In some ways those causing trouble are the 'good guys', fans utterly fed up with a corrupt Croatian FA, small pockets of fans were hoping to get the team thrown out of the tournament to get the message across the Davor Suker and the rest.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jun 2016 15:22

Well that's alright then, so long as there is a legit reason for threatening behaviour and putting health and safety at risk.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Jun 2016 15:32

Sutekh Well that's alright then, so long as there is a legit reason for threatening behaviour and putting health and safety at risk.

I wasn't defending it in any way at all, it just a) gives some context to Croatian fans fighting each other, and b) puts it in a different light to, say, the Russian thugs.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 21 Jun 2016 16:43

Sanguine
Maguire Saddened to see fighting from Russian, French, Hungarian, German, Croatian, Ukrainian and English fans this tournament.

Nevermind controlling fans 'whilst inside the stadium' - throw us out because our fans were dicks in Marseille, and the 'fans', and our FA, would soon get the message.

Don't know if it's been covered but got an interesting perpsective on the Croatian in-fighting from a Brit friend who was the the game with the Czechs and in the end where the trouble started. In some ways those causing trouble are the 'good guys', fans utterly fed up with a corrupt Croatian FA, small pockets of fans were hoping to get the team thrown out of the tournament to get the message across the Davor Suker and the rest.

I put something in the Euro 2016 thread about that having taken it from a Croatian fan on another forum.

The same person said this morning that there are real fears in Croatia that it will kick off at todays game in a big way. Hooligans from various clubs have been putting banners up around the country protesting against the FA encouraging more trouble. The police have given out names of the people in the ground the other day causing problems which has apparently not gone down well as some want to help protect them as they see their cause as good. Other groups of fans have apparently now travelled to France to hang around near the ground and fan areas to attack the ones causing trouble and on top of that the Croatian Govt fell on Friday which has in just a few days divided the country hugely with hooligans, and what they stand for, trying to get involved in influencing things.

could get 'pwoper naughty'

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2016 16:47

Winston Smith
Sanguine

I put something in the Euro 2016 thread about that having taken it from a Croatian fan on another forum.

The same person said this morning that there are real fears in Croatia that it will kick off at todays game in a big way. Hooligans from various clubs have been putting banners up around the country protesting against the FA encouraging more trouble. The police have given out names of the people in the ground the other day causing problems which has apparently not gone down well as some want to help protect them as they see their cause as good. Other groups of fans have apparently now travelled to France to hang around near the ground and fan areas to attack the ones causing trouble and on top of that the Croatian Govt fell on Friday which has in just a few days divided the country hugely with hooligans, and what they stand for, trying to get involved in influencing things.

could get 'pwoper naughty'

Hooligans? Herogans more like. Right Sangers?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 21 Jun 2016 16:52

:lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jun 2016 17:02

I've spent a few hours surrounded by polish and I can confirm that as opposed to their French counterparts alas the girls do not get their tits out on the beach.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2016 17:18

leon I've spent a few hours surrounded by polish and I can confirm that as opposed to their French counterparts alas the girls do not get their tits out on the beach.

Have you seen any bloodied Poland fans clashing with police?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2016 17:20

Or large tattooed men running away from bicycles?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Jun 2016 17:44

I'm not sure how much I buy into this, but it's the most official comment I've seen on the conspiracy theories over the nature of the Russians.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-links-to-russian-euro-2016-hooligans-vladimir-putin

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jun 2016 18:11

Pepe the Horseman
leon I've spent a few hours surrounded by polish and I can confirm that as opposed to their French counterparts alas the girls do not get their tits out on the beach.

Have you seen any bloodied Poland fans clashing with police?

None whatsoever.

The place is crawling with Polish.

(No Kesmo)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2016 20:14

Just said on ITV the Croatian police have warned the French police about a plan from some Croatia fans to attack the ref :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jun 2016 20:33

Hoop Blah I'm not sure how much I buy into this, but it's the most official comment I've seen on the conspiracy theories over the nature of the Russians.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-links-to-russian-euro-2016-hooligans-vladimir-putin

I'd believe pretty much anything of Putin... but I do wonder how much I'm influenced by our Govt and media.

217 posts