The generic transfer thread

10377 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Mar 2022 11:58

NathStPaul It isn't an option. Both the player and his agent have said that, it was just explained to you.

Hence why I said I wouldn't be surprised if it opened up as an option. It was just explained to you.

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 30 Mar 2022 12:16

Deli Ali advised to drop to the Championship to get his career back on track... What a numpty he is.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Mar 2022 12:25

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul It isn't an option. Both the player and his agent have said that, it was just explained to you.

Hence why I said I wouldn't be surprised if it opened up as an option. It was just explained to you.

Bore off. Immediately.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Mar 2022 12:32

Weird that Raiola said this just 3 months ago -
"He can and will take the next step. Bayern, Real, Barcelona, City - these are the big clubs he can go to. City has won the championship five times in recent years, significantly more than United. When we moved to Dortmund, we all knew that this step would come."

Can't find anything after a bit of googling anyone ruling out the move. Although it would obviously depend on Lewandowski leaving.

Also sounds like Oliver Kahn has met Raiola recently and discussed Haaland - https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/3/4/22961299/bayern-munich-oliver-kahn-agent-mino-raiola-borussia-dortmund-haaland-ajax-gravenberch-mazraoui-sane

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 30 Mar 2022 13:09

Weymouth Royal Deli Ali advised to drop to the Championship to get his career back on track... What a numpty he is.

The EFL should let him come on loan to Reading with Everton paying 100% of his wages, just to make Derby fans spontaneously combust with rage.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Mar 2022 13:09

If Haaland went to Bayern it would speak of a huge lack of ambition on his part (imho). And the rest of the league might as well pack up and not bother.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Mar 2022 13:12

It just won't happen, Haaland is bigger than the Bundesliga. It is a very weak league in truth other than Bayen and occasionally Dortmund but even they have regressed.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Mar 2022 14:02

He'd be playing for Bayern though, it's only the same as players making the move over to PSG. Even Spain isn't as great as it used to be these days, so what would that mean about a move to Madrid?

Every league can be considered weak when you compare it to the PL. You don't move to a Bayern, PSG etc to just be the best in your domestic league, you do it to win the biggest trophies in Europe whilst consistently winning trophies. You could argue he'd do more of that at Bayern than City considering it's not a given that City will win the league each season and they've never won the CL either.

It would only ever happen if Lewandowski moved, that's when it could potentially become an option. I'm not sure why that was such a problem to suggest for some.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Mar 2022 14:15

YorkshireRoyal99 He'd be playing for Bayern though, it's only the same as players making the move over to PSG. Even Spain isn't as great as it used to be these days, so what would that mean about a move to Madrid?

Every league can be considered weak when you compare it to the PL. You don't move to a Bayern, PSG etc to just be the best in your domestic league, you do it to win the biggest trophies in Europe whilst consistently winning trophies. You could argue he'd do more of that at Bayern than City considering it's not a given that City will win the league each season and they've never won the CL either.

It would only ever happen if Lewandowski moved, that's when it could potentially become an option. I'm not sure why that was such a problem to suggest for some.

Agreed YR.
How do you define ambition ,and what is his driving force?.

He isn't going to win anything with his national side so why not do a Lewandowski, score loads of goals every week, get paid well and most seasons have a real chance of winning the Champions League.?

Just because we see our top division as competitive, even if 3 teams have been way ahead of the rest for some time, he might not be so keen and who wouldn't prefer to live for a few years in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris or Munich rather than Manchester?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Mar 2022 14:24

If you're good enough, you will win the biggest individual prizes in football as well, like Lewandowski has this time around winning the Balon D'Or and I've no doubt that Haaland will also win it during this next generation of football, no matter where he ends up. Going to Bayern won't ruin his chances of that, he will still score plenty of goals, he speaks German, is comfortable in Germany and knows the league as well as Bayern being able to pay him as well as most, it wouldn't be a ridiculous move that I'd rule out, but only if Lewandowski left.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Mar 2022 15:07

YorkshireRoyal99 He'd be playing for Bayern though, it's only the same as players making the move over to PSG. Even Spain isn't as great as it used to be these days, so what would that mean about a move to Madrid?

Goes back to the question I've raised before - does a player want to win something simply by dint of being at a particularly club, or do they want to be a/the driving force behind a club doing so?

And I do understand the desire for winners' medals, whatever the underlying motivation. I've cited Grealish before - he may pick up his first winners' medals this season, but what will his personal contribution to those be?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Mar 2022 15:17

Sanguine

Goes back to the question I've raised before - does a player want to win something simply by dint of being at a particularly club, or do they want to be a/the driving force behind a club doing so?

And I do understand the desire for winners' medals, whatever the underlying motivation. I've cited Grealish before - he may pick up his first winners' medals this season, but what will his personal contribution to those be?

I think that's why it ultimately hinges on what Lewandowski does this summer, if anything. He wouldn't go and play second choice to him and win a load of trophies with Bayern when he could go to City, star for them, potentially win less but contribute more. As mentioned, there is a balance for the very best players. However, if Bayern were to lose Lewandowski, he would certainly be an option for them I'd imagine.

In regards to Grealish, I think he'd contributed pretty effectively to City's season so far. He hasn't been an ever-present, but very few players in his position are, it's usually a culmination of 4, 5 or 6 players in those midfield/attacking areas that contribute for City. Some will have their best individual seasons, like I personally think Mahrez has since his move (Sterling has had his, De Bryune, Gundogan last season etc) but I think it's a case of everyone contributing rather than just relying on a goalscorer or two within the team.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Mar 2022 16:01

Sanguine

A la Gerrard (obviously without winning a PL)

Could have gone to Chelsea to become part of a side ready to win trophies but stayed at Liverpool and became a cult hero.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Mar 2022 16:08

South Coast Royal

Agreed YR.

He isn't going to win anything with his national side so why not do a Lewandowski, score loads of goals every week, get paid well and most seasons have a real chance of winning the Champions League.?

Just because we see our top division as competitive, even if 3 teams have been way ahead of the rest for some time, he might not be so keen and who wouldn't prefer to live for a few years in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris or Munich rather than Manchester?

Ultimately each individual player is motivated by different factors. One being financial (which I’m sure PSG would triumph), one being trophies and personal accolades and another becoming a cult hero and sticking to 1/2 clubs (I.e. the emotional factor)

Personally think sticking in Germany/moving to Paris is a waste of a players potential, certainly in the long term but obviously other people think differently

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Mar 2022 16:27

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal

Agreed YR.

Ultimately each individual player is motivated by different factors. One being financial (which I’m sure PSG would triumph), one being trophies and personal accolades and another becoming a cult hero and sticking to 1/2 clubs (I.e. the emotional factor)

Personally think sticking in Germany/moving to Paris is a waste of a players potential, certainly in the long term but obviously other people think differently

Those 3 factors are surely the same if he were to play in any country and I'm not sure why they can't be satisfied playing in Munich or Paris when compared with elsewhere.

I would get your point if we were talking about China perhaps or USA but with Champions League games to be played every season for these clubs they get their competitive matches where they can be tested against the best as well as International matches.
If he went to somebody like Man Utd he might well only end up playing in the Europa League. :wink:

Although the Premier League has a number of competitive games in a season there are, as in other countries, the less taxing couple of games each season against a Norwich, Fulham or Bournemouth.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Mar 2022 16:29

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal

Agreed YR.

Domestically I don't disagree, they aren't the divisions you want to be known for come the end of your career but the very best players will be known for their accolades. Muller (although across many years) for example is one who will be remembered for his time at Bayern. World class player, loyalty, trophies etc. I wouldn't say he wasted his potential either by sticking at Bayern for years, I think it just depends on how good the player is.

I think most would rather shine in the PL on the biggest stage, but certainly plying your trade at Bayern or PSG who are regularly touted as one of, if not the, best sides in the world for a number of years as well as winning personal awards, titles, cups and potentially even a CL or two is not something to turn your nose up at either just because there are better domestic leagues to play in. I think it just comes down to how good the player is, what he wins with his respective club and the longevity factor e.g. Muller.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 30 Mar 2022 21:06

Hendo Weird that Raiola said this just 3 months ago -
"He can and will take the next step. Bayern, Real, Barcelona, City - these are the big clubs he can go to. City has won the championship five times in recent years, significantly more than United. When we moved to Dortmund, we all knew that this step would come."

Can't find anything after a bit of googling anyone ruling out the move. Although it would obviously depend on Lewandowski leaving.

Also sounds like Oliver Kahn has met Raiola recently and discussed Haaland - https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/3/4/22961299/bayern-munich-oliver-kahn-agent-mino-raiola-borussia-dortmund-haaland-ajax-gravenberch-mazraoui-sane

To be fair, given OMAs track record of saying things and the exact opposite happening, you'd be wise to bet he'll go to Bayern Munich

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Mar 2022 12:20

Oh dear, back on ignore you go.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 31 Mar 2022 13:20

URZZZZ
Sanguine

A la Gerrard (obviously without winning a PL)

Could have gone to Chelsea to become part of a side ready to win trophies but stayed at Liverpool and became a cunt.

c4y

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 31 Mar 2022 17:13

NathStPaul Oh dear, back on ignore you go.

Oh come off of it, it was a funny joke (yet true). :roll:

Grow up please.

10377 posts