10610 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Non - League thread

by paultheroyal » 13 Mar 2023 12:16

Stranded
paultheroyal
NathStPaul What is it you are accusing the player of here exactly?

Seriously - sort yourself out.

Let me break this down for you.

Sheerwater had 8 players.
They were losing.

Medical emergency and dealt with.

I am not accusing you are insinuating. Seriously wind your neck in.

TBF Paul, it was a totally irrelevant point given the nature of the previous message and the way it was worded definitely made it seem like you were suggesting something underhand at play - even if you didn't mean that, that's how it I read it initially, as I'm sure many others did too.

Not my intention at all - i am stating the details of the game at the point of this sad incident.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2023 12:19

paultheroyal
Stranded
paultheroyal
Seriously - sort yourself out.

Let me break this down for you.

Sheerwater had 8 players.
They were losing.

Medical emergency and dealt with.

I am not accusing you are insinuating. Seriously wind your neck in.

TBF Paul, it was a totally irrelevant point given the nature of the previous message and the way it was worded definitely made it seem like you were suggesting something underhand at play - even if you didn't mean that, that's how it I read it initially, as I'm sure many others did too.

Not my intention at all - i am stating the details of the game at the point of this sad incident.

Completely understand but is the joy of the internet that your intention and how it comes across are often 2 different things.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Mar 2023 13:38

Big game for Bracknell tomorrow when they travel to the West Country to play Weston-Super-Mare who are the runaway leaders of the division.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Mar 2023 14:01

Royalist I see Windsor FC might be subject to a takeover.

https://twitter.com/windsorfc/status/16 ... 8V-_A&s=19

I hope the club comes out of the current no ambition, no hope and no crowds era. There's nothing to inspire me to bother making the trip to watch them and hasn't for quite some time.

For a town as well off as Windsor to have a club just wither away (twice) so is sad.

After 13 years of hardly missing a home game, and going to loads of far-flung away games, even I have almsot stopped going this season.

I've been following the Horse Racing more closely instead - at least I have a bit of fun and a chance of a return on my investment of time and money!

Whatever the changes will be, they can't come soon enough.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Mar 2023 15:20

FA Vase semi draw

Saturday 1st April

Congleton v Newport Pagnell

Corsham v Ascot

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Mar 2023 15:31

Royals and Racers FA Vase semi draw

Saturday 1st April

Corsham v Ascot

Two legs isn’t it 1 & 8 April? Actually reckon Ascot will win the Vase.

Wonder if BBC Berks will actually acknowledge the existence of Ascot and cover the games remaining seeing as they think local football ends with National League South despite Bracknell and Basingstoke having excellent league seasons.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Mar 2023 15:41

Sutekh

Saturday 1st April

Corsham v Ascot

Wonder if BBC Berks will actually acknowledge the existence of Ascot and cover the games remaining seeing as they think local football ends with National League South despite Bracknell and Basingstoke having excellent league seasons.

No 1 match only
Ascot have played 4th,5th and 6th rounds away and now the Semi !!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 Mar 2023 16:16

Royals and Racers
Sutekh

Saturday 1st April

Corsham v Ascot

No 1 match only

...bit of a debate ongoing on NLM: about the Vase/Trophy S-Fs and lack of ET and /or replays in later rounds - no doubt focused by all four Vase Ties going to pens.
- specifically some discontent being expressed with the S-Fs now being 'one-offs' at one clubs ground & not 2 legged affairs
(that was ditched after the 18-19 season)..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd have thought the holders NPT might be the favourites - having looked -
Oddschecker currently has Ascot as favourites at 5/4 - NPT 7/4 : the other two both at 6s.

....and from a few visits I've made to Corsham, the 'Yellamen' may have to take on a '12th Man' here - with the occasional glue-pot pitch if the weather is at all damp. Indeed over the years, I may even have tried to see more matches here than I have actually managed to - so often have they had late call-offs and I've had to divert elsewhere ...
The club themselves aren't exactly pulling up trees in the Hellenic Prem (same league as RWBT, Wantage etc) but sit 6th .... albeit with plenty of games in hand, having progressed so far in the Vase of course. They don't lose many at home though.

Congleton are down in 9th in the NWC Premier;
NPT are 4th in the UCLP-South - but they've made no secret that they'd much rather be put back in the S.Mids - though nearly all of their recent history (since the early 70s) does have them in the UCL.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Mar 2023 16:21

Sutekh

Saturday 1st April

Corsham v Ascot

They will now that Ascot have got to the semis. They were the same with Binfield a couple of seasons ago.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Mar 2023 20:27

Bracknell currently 2-0 up at Weston-super-Mare.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Mar 2023 20:39

NathStPaul Bracknell currently 2-0 up at Weston-super-Mare.

3-1 at H-T

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Mar 2023 20:42

Would be some result if Bracknell can get the job done. Title charge well and truly on.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2023 21:10

NathStPaul Would be some result if Bracknell can get the job done. Title charge well and truly on.

Honestly don’t think Bracknell are phased by anyone in their division after comfortably knocking 3 National League South sides out of the Trophy and 2 of them away from home as well. Think they’ve got both games against Truro to play this month too so March might well be their deciding month in the league.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Mar 2023 22:10

Sutekh
NathStPaul Would be some result if Bracknell can get the job done. Title charge well and truly on.

Honestly don’t think Bracknell are phased by anyone in their division after comfortably knocking 3 National League South sides out of the Trophy and 2 of them away from home as well. Think they’ve got both games against Truro to play this month too so March might well be their deciding month in the league.

Still plenty to do
1 Weston-Super-Mare P 33 points 77
2 Truro P 34 points 71
3 Bracknell P 31 points 66

Lighthouse

by Lighthouse » 15 Mar 2023 18:13

Weymouth 2 Hungerford 5. Both sides will probably go down. Weymouth were pretty shocking at the back but having conceded 2 early goals got back to 2-2 after half time and looked like they were going to win but having conceded a 3rd they completely collapsed thereafter.
Unfortunately Hungerford weren’t able to replace Seagar and Wanjau-Smith from last season and really struggled to create chances and score goals up until the new year when they’ve been pretty decent but some recent injuries and loan players being recalled will probably mean relegation.
They have had a couple of players from Bristol Rovers on loan all season the goalkeeper Jed Ward and left wing back Rhys Jones who look very promising.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Mar 2023 18:20

Lighthouse Weymouth 2 Hungerford 5. Both sides will probably go down. Weymouth were pretty shocking at the back but having conceded 2 early goals got back to 2-2 after half time and looked like they were going to win but having conceded a 3rd they completely collapsed thereafter.
Unfortunately Hungerford weren’t able to replace Seagar and Wanjau-Smith from last season and really struggled to create chances and score goals up until the new year when they’ve been pretty decent but some recent injuries and loan players being recalled will probably mean relegation.
They have had a couple of players from Bristol Rovers on loan all season the goalkeeper Jed Ward and left wing back Rhys Jones who look very promising.
Hungerford, being such a relatively small local town with a team ‘batting above’ and all that, I always look out for their results, hopefully the ‘great escape’ is back on again.

Lighthouse

by Lighthouse » 15 Mar 2023 20:37

AthleticoSpizz
Lighthouse Weymouth 2 Hungerford 5. Both sides will probably go down. Weymouth were pretty shocking at the back but having conceded 2 early goals got back to 2-2 after half time and looked like they were going to win but having conceded a 3rd they completely collapsed thereafter.
Hungerford, being such a relatively small local town with a team ‘batting above’ and all that, I always look out for their results, hopefully the ‘great escape’ is back on again.

They have had some tight scrapes in recent seasons but with 4 teams going down it was always going to be a struggle.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Mar 2023 20:43

Yeah, their ‘games played’ won’t help.

(and crazy to think that they were ‘in with a shout’ of promotion to the National before covid kicked-in)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Mar 2023 10:13

Weymouth are such a funny club. Get success, cant be sustained and fall through the trap door and heading for successive relegations. They are a sleeping giant in terms of non league, great attendances but for whatever reasons cant sustain it at the top. Mad to think that in a space of 18 months from dreams of football league they could be in same division as Basingstoke next season!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2023 10:35

paultheroyal Weymouth are such a funny club. Get success, cant be sustained and fall through the trap door and heading for successive relegations. They are a sleeping giant in terms of non league, great attendances but for whatever reasons cant sustain it at the top. Mad to think that in a space of 18 months from dreams of football league they could be in same division as Basingstoke next season!

And may possibly be in a division BELOW Bracknell :shock:

10610 posts