Japanese and Korean football

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Japanese and Korean football

by Loafer » 31 Mar 2023 12:15

Anybody else watch this?

Live on Youtube now, every weekend I watch it and it is very good

if you go on the j league youtube channel you can watch Kashiwa Reysol vs Urawa Reds

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Japanese and Korean football

by tmesis » 31 Mar 2023 21:44

Loafer Anybody else watch this?

if you go on the j league youtube channel you can watch Kashiwa Reysol vs Urawa Reds

I've been to a few games out in Japan - 6 in fact, just checked, including home games of both of those two.

The enthusiasm of the fans always amazed me, jumping up and down and singing away for nearly all the game, despite it being baking hot and stupidly humid. Clubs produce towels rather than scarves, to mop up the few beads of sweat they'll get each, while I would look like I've stepped out of the shower just from walking up the steps to my seat.

They have so odd fan traditions. At a Yokohama Marinos game, at the end, with a home victory assumed, thousand of fans pulled out red, white and blue umbrellas and opened and closed them in unison. No idea why.

The Urawa Red Diamonds game was on the last day of a holiday. I was really looking forward to it, 45000 or so in the great Saitama Stadium,...and it was a really bad 0-0.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 31 Mar 2023 21:45

tmesis

I've been to a few games out in Japan - 6 in fact, just checked, including home games of both of those two.

The enthusiasm of the fans always amazed me, jumping up and down and singing away for nearly all the game, despite it being baking hot and stupidly humid. Clubs produce towels rather than scarves, to mop up the few beads of sweat they'll get each, while I would look like I've stepped out of the shower just from walking up the steps to my seat.

They have so odd fan traditions. At a Yokohama Marinos game, at the end, with a home victory assumed, thousand of fans pulled out red, white and blue umbrellas and opened and closed them in unison. No idea why.

The Urawa Red Diamonds game was on the last day of a holiday. I was really looking forward to it, 45000 or so in the great Saitama Stadium,...and it was a really bad 0-0.

yeah the fans are really awesome

they have some bizarre pre game rituals aswell, like giving out watermelons to the players that are shaped like flowers

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 31 Mar 2023 22:32

I'm a Greek division 2 man, up the Παναχαϊκή ΓΕ ΠΑΕ.

But this is a stretch even for a fan of the lesser known international leagues.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Apr 2023 09:11

Loafer
tmesis

they have some bizarre pre game rituals aswell, like giving out watermelons to the players that are shaped like flowers

The games at those three mentioned
https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... -13092008/
https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... wa-reds-0/
https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... tsumoto-0/

I hope to get back out there in September (not the ideal time to visit) and I'd like to take in another game or two. If I can extend the trip a little I'd like to venture into Korea for a few days too, maybe seeing a game there as well.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 01 Apr 2023 10:49

Green I'm a Greek division 2 man, up the Παναχαϊκή ΓΕ ΠΑΕ.

But this is a stretch even for a fan of the lesser known international leagues.

who is their best player?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 01 Apr 2023 10:49

tmesis
Loafer
tmesis I've been to a few games out in Japan - 6 in fact, just checked, including home games of both of those two.

The games at those three mentioned
https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... -13092008/
https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... wa-reds-0/
https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... tsumoto-0/

I hope to get back out there in September (not the ideal time to visit) and I'd like to take in another game or two. If I can extend the trip a little I'd like to venture into Korea for a few days too, maybe seeing a game there as well.

I want to go see Daegu play, Cesinha the GOAT

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1