The Non - League thread

10616 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Non - League thread

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2023 17:35

Damnnnn!

Elsewhere, and of no interest to anyone here but, former professional cricketer Ben Harmison (37) scores a brace in Ashingtons’ play-off promotion match 3-0 win over Glossop which sees then promoted to the NPL for the first time in 54 years.

Thanx for reading.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 May 2023 17:36

Royals and Racers Bracknell 0 Truro 1 44 mins
1-1 55 mins PEN
1-2 58 mins
2-2 63 mins
Truro winner 90+3

Bracknell had most of the play, but Truro looked more dangerous. Bracknell could have won it though, blazing the ball over from 10 yards with just a few minutes left.

I'm going to have to stop watching Bracknell at home. 12 games, just 1 win, and 8 defeats. In 10 of those 12, Bracknell have conceded three goals or more.

I did feel Bracknell would lose though, although that might just be down to being conditioned to expect play-off defeats

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 May 2023 18:08

Didcot beat Ware 1-0 before a brilliant crowd of 1938.
1554 at Bracknell.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 May 2023 19:29

Pleased for Didcot. Son played a County Cup final there a couple of months ago, really nice people.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2023 19:29

Well done The Railwaymen….scant joy in a crap footballing weekend.

Do they get to play Hungerford now?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 01 May 2023 20:27

Not sure if its verified but reading one of the London Samuri Rovers players (Morrison Hashii, they're a mostly Japanese team) has scored 75 goals this season :shock:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 May 2023 21:17

AthleticoSpizz Well done The Railwaymen….scant joy in a crap footballing weekend.

Do they get to play Hungerford now?

Every chance they will be in the same league next season.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 May 2023 21:23

Loafer Not sure if its verified but reading one of the London Samuri Rovers players (Morrison Hashii, they're a mostly Japanese team) has scored 75 goals this season :shock:

Cd well be right there - seems he has 77 in 44 matches - in the league 66 in 40!
That overall figure is bound to go up some - not only in the PO phase starting this week.
They are still in the latter rounds of the CCL-1 Cup where he may well have the chance to bang in a few more, against a very leaky Aldermaston back-line! :?

Source is the FA Full-Time site which isn't always renown for it's precision but in this case is probably evidence of a pretty remarkable achievement.
Might have a look at the other CCL sites to verify - that's if they record it.
Should be a CCL Bulletin out soon for the end of the season - so is bound to get a mention there....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 May 2023 21:35

Royalist Windsor given a points deduction for playing an ineligible player. No word from the club about it. Then again they didn't even confirm the relegation.

A terribly run club gets what its owner deserved.

We knew of the rumour of points deduction (I posted it on here last week) but despite fans contacting the club asking for information as it was unfair for them to go to the last game not knowing, as far as I know there was only silence in response.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 May 2023 21:36

This is how the Combined Counties Premier South should look like next season with Sandhurst in it
Abbey Rangers
AFC Croydon
Balham
Camberley
Cobham
Colliers Wood
Farnham
Fleet
Guildford
Jersey Bulls
Knaphill
Redhill
Sheerwater
Egham
Spelthorne
Holmesdalr
Bedfont Sports
Tooting and Mitcham
Sandhurst
Epsom & Ewell

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 May 2023 22:51

NL Results :

Monday 1st April

SLP-S PO Bracknell Town 2-3 Truro City –att 1554 – but seemed pretty full
– there was plenty of room to get a few more in –but it still wouldn’t have given many a decent view as it is.
- Personally speaking, I despair of ‘new builds/refurbs’ like the SB - and they aren’t alone in this. I’m at a loss as to why these clubs don’t try and put in more tiered terracing - safety and cost I suspect - based upon the rare occasions they do nearly sell out?
The bar had a very long queue but they did admirably – given the cramped size of the club room and there was another outlet, alongside the pitch with cans for sale. Not sure what the FA would have thought of that?
- The Food bar really struggled for throughput though - I didn’t even attempt to join the throng for a dodgy burger/hot-dog….. seemed to be taking upwards of 15-20’ minimum.
- ‘Robins’ levelled thru' a Sanders pen on 55’ – City grabbed the advantage back almost immediately forcing in from a corner: then Abisogun equalized again - acrobatically on 62’.
I didn’t get a clear view of how he put it in from close range following a knock-down.
The ‘White Tigers’ had pinched a lead just on H/T, thru a powerful half-volley from Tyler Harvey, who was a handful all game.
– he played right up against the two CBs, very much in the mode of Kevin Doyle. He’s not particularly big but seemed to time his leaps to yield maximum return or prevent a clean clearance - and the ‘Robins’ defence had real difficulty tracking him.
Winner came deep in stoppage time – just when people were gearing up for an additional 30’. It was rather a hammer blow. Low cross from out on the right put in on the back post by skipper Riley- Lowe.
- Truro return to the National Leagues after a 4 year absence.
- In the morning had managed a fairly easy trundle up to the Xcel (Walton) to see Wimbledon Casuals late bid for the Surrey Premier County League Title - won comfortably 3-0 vs Horsley, who had switched the tie earlier over the w/e, from their own very rural but functional ground , down south of Woking

SLP-C PO Nuneaton Borough 0-0 Rushall Olympic 3-5p
SL1-S PO Sholing v Hamworthy Utd - att 1,289
SL1-C PO Didcot Town 1-0 Ware – att 1,938- 21' Jamar Smith (pen)

CCL-1
Hillingdon Borough 3-4 Berks County
Spartans Youth 0-3 Langley
- If I’ve actually got this right - I think it means that Berks Co and Langley meet in the promotion PO S-Fs (on Thu 4th - maybe at Binfield - tho’ they might borrow Ascot again?) – with Samurai and Rayners La contesting the other S-F (on Wed 3rd) to see who goes up with Sandhurst.
- Depor. miss out to Langley on GD.

CCL-PS AFC Croydon Athletic 2-3 Alton

East Berks FL
League Cup Final Britwell 4-0 Old Windsor

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 May 2023 08:16

Four Of Clubs SLP-S PO Bracknell Town 2-3 Truro City[i] [color=#0040BF]–att 1554 – but seemed pretty full
– there was plenty of room to get a few more in –but it still wouldn’t have given many a decent view as it is.
- Personally speaking, I despair of ‘new builds/refurbs’ like the SB - and they aren’t alone in this. I’m at a loss as to why these clubs don’t try and put in more tiered terracing - safety and cost I suspect - based upon the rare occasions they do nearly sell out?

I would hope when/if they build a new ground back in the town, they build something considerably better. Until then it's probably a case of having something that's tidy, but minimum requirement. It's not like Sandhurst need the room.

- ‘Robins’ levelled thru' a Sanders pen on 55’ – City grabbed the advantage back almost immediately forcing in from a corner: then Abisogun equalized again - acrobatically on 62’.
I didn’t get a clear view of how he put it in from close range following a knock-down.
The ‘White Tigers’ had pinched a lead just on H/T, thru a powerful half-volley from Tyler Harvey, who was a handful all game.
– he played right up against the two CBs, very much in the mode of Kevin Doyle. He’s not particularly big but seemed to time his leaps to yield maximum return or prevent a clean clearance - and the ‘Robins’ defence had real difficulty tracking him.
Winner came deep in stoppage time – just when people were gearing up for an additional 30’. It was rather a hammer blow. Low cross from out on the right put in on the back post by skipper Riley- Lowe.

The second was flicked in by a player with his back to goal. For a side that had scored 100 league goals, they oddly didn't really look convincing going forward. Great getting to the edge of the box, but struggled to create clear chances. Their best team move of the game set up the chance with 10 minutes left that was smashed over the bar - that miss will haunt the poor guy for months.

Truro were a big team, and nearly all of the problems they caused were in the air. Their opening goal was completely out of character for how they'd played, but they looked very dangerous every time the got the chance to lift the ball into the box.

Bracknell were missing their top scorer, which didn't help, but even he only has 16 goals. If they can add a goalscorer, and keep the rest of the side together, I'd really fancy them next season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 May 2023 08:26

tmesis
Four Of Clubs SLP-S PO Bracknell Town 2-3 Truro City[i] [color=#0040BF]–att 1554 – but seemed pretty full

I would hope when/if they build a new ground back in the town, they build something considerably better. Until then it's probably a case of having something that's tidy, but minimum requirement. It's not like Sandhurst need the room.

The second was flicked in by a player with his back to goal. For a side that had scored 100 league goals, they oddly didn't really look convincing going forward. Great getting to the edge of the box, but struggled to create clear chances. Their best team move of the game set up the chance with 10 minutes left that was smashed over the bar - that miss will haunt the poor guy for months.

Truro were a big team, and nearly all of the problems they caused were in the air. Their opening goal was completely out of character for how they'd played, but they looked very dangerous every time the got the chance to lift the ball into the box.

Bracknell were missing their top scorer, which didn't help, but even he only has 16 goals. If they can add a goalscorer, and keep the rest of the side together, I'd really fancy them next season.

But if they’ve scored over a 100 but their leading scorer only has 16 he shouldn’t have been that much of a miss! Anyway Truro have the old Indian sign on Bracknell, now played 5 and lost 5, least scores are improving though.

Should be good for Bracknell next season though with Hungerford and presumably Basingstoke joining the division, presume Weymouth willl be the pre season favourites so long as they’re not in too much of a mess behind the scenes (and those games will bring Bracknell’s former manager back!)

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 May 2023 09:44

Sutekh Should be good for Bracknell next season though with Hungerford and presumably Basingstoke joining the division, presume Weymouth willl be the pre season favourites so long as they’re not in too much of a mess behind the scenes (and those games will bring Bracknell’s former manager back!)

Weymouth stayed up, so they shouldn't be a problem. I'd assume Dulwich will be in the Isthmian.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 02 May 2023 13:29

Did think their 2nd looked offside though but hey you just knew with all Bracknell's huffing and puffing that Truro were just biding their time
Good to see the Truro lads had been on the cider all the way up, especially the fat lad who tumbled onto the pitch

tmesis

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 May 2023 13:37

tmesis
Sutekh Should be good for Bracknell next season though with Hungerford and presumably Basingstoke joining the division, presume Weymouth willl be the pre season favourites so long as they’re not in too much of a mess behind the scenes (and those games will bring Bracknell’s former manager back!)

Weymouth stayed up, so they shouldn't be a problem. I'd assume Dulwich will be in the Isthmian.

That is a guaranteed 6 points for Bracknell then.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 May 2023 13:47

tmesis

Thanks for confirming. I’ve just checked the NLS table and Hungerford were joined by Dulwich, Cheshunt and Concord Rangers. Think Dulwich and Cheshunt will drop into the Isthmian while Concord will move to the Southern Premier Central.

Therefore I presume that someone will be nudged sideways into the Southern Premier South, god knows who though as the teams in the Southern Central all look very midlands or eastern countyish. Maybe Kingstonian from the Isthmian will be the lucky one (remember Met Police (stupidly) are already there so wouldn’t be a precedent).

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 02 May 2023 15:00

NathStPaul
tmesis

That is a guaranteed 6 points for Bracknell then.

:lol:

Clueless, I know alot of Dulwich players are my friends hairdressers husband is a coach there

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 May 2023 15:00

Sutekh
tmesis

Thanks for confirming. I’ve just checked the NLS table and Hungerford were joined by Dulwich, Cheshunt and Concord Rangers. Think Dulwich and Cheshunt will drop into the Isthmian while Concord will move to the Southern Premier Central.

Therefore I presume that someone will be nudged sideways into the Southern Premier South, god knows who though as the teams in the Southern Central all look very midlands or eastern countyish. Maybe Kingstonian from the Isthmian will be the lucky one (remember Met Police (stupidly) are already there so wouldn’t be a precedent).

Concord Rangers play just along from Canvey Island, so I'd have thought they'd be in the Isthmian too. Maybe Walton & Hersham will move, or Bognor.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 May 2023 15:47

Berks County confirmed as playing Langley on Thursday at Binfield.

10616 posts