The generic transfer thread

10390 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2024 15:33

the Mbappe to Real Madrid saga starts up again

surely he is joining this summer now? if he uses this to agree a new deal at PSG he really is throwing his career away

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 02 Jan 2024 21:59

Winston Biscuit the Mbappe to Real Madrid saga starts up again

surely he is joining this summer now? if he uses this to agree a new deal at PSG he really is throwing his career away

Wages could be a problem?! Million a week?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Jan 2024 17:24

BRO_BOT
Winston Biscuit the Mbappe to Real Madrid saga starts up again

Wages could be a problem?! Million a week?

Modric likely leaving this summer and the wages freed up from Benzema last summer gives them quite a lot of space in the wage bill.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Jan 2024 17:39

Heard a Spanish journo say that it's believed RM have already told him that the wages discussed in the past are off the table as they don't have them anymore, and he needs to consider lower wages now

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Jan 2024 18:30

Winston Biscuit Heard a Spanish journo say that it's believed RM have already told him that the wages discussed in the past are off the table as they don't have them anymore, and he needs to consider lower wages now

Depends who the journalist is. If it's Arancha Roriguez, Melchior Ruiz or Jose Luis Sanchez then that's pretty much guaranteed to be correct.

Anyone else it becomes a bit more doubtful.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Jan 2024 18:33

Brereton-Diaz on his way to Shef Utd

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2024 10:42

Liverpool currently being linked with moves for Inacio and Kimmich but will probably end up doing nothing in January with their "everythings ok here, we can manage with the injury problems and players bogging off to other tournaments for a month" mantra. Man City must be putting the champagne on ice already.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2024 11:32

Winston Biscuit Brereton-Diaz on his way to Shef Utd

Move to Spain worked well then, would have just been easier to sign for Sheff Utd in the first place.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 Jan 2024 11:38

Not sure the move to Spain is mock worthy tbh, was always going to be tough for him.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Jan 2024 12:40

Is reportedly on €40k a week at Villarreal and has a 4 year contract there. I reckon that move has set him and his family up quite nicely tbh

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Jan 2024 12:41

Sutekh Liverpool currently being linked with moves for Inacio and Kimmich but will probably end up doing nothing in January with their "everythings ok here, we can manage with the injury problems and players bogging off to other tournaments for a month" mantra. Man City must be putting the champagne on ice already.

Bit of a strange comment. Liverpool, certainly under Klopp, have been more active than most in January. Diaz, Gakpo, Ben Davies, Ozan Kabak and Minamino either loaned or bought in recent years.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 04 Jan 2024 14:20

Whore Jackie
Sutekh Liverpool currently being linked with moves for Inacio and Kimmich but will probably end up doing nothing in January with their "everythings ok here, we can manage with the injury problems and players bogging off to other tournaments for a month" mantra. Man City must be putting the champagne on ice already.

Bit of a strange comment. Liverpool, certainly under Klopp, have been more active than most in January. Diaz, Gakpo, Ben Davies, Ozan Kabak and Minamino either loaned or bought in recent years.

Diaz doesn't strike me as being that much better than Anthony

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2024 14:42

BRO_BOT
Whore Jackie

He certainly hasn't been at it as much this season, although he was very good at one point, he was probably Liverpool's most dangerous offensive player outside of Salah as his pace and dribbling ability caused defenders all sorts of problems. He could go inside or outside and beat them with pace, whereas Anthony tends to check back on his left foot and cut inside, but a lot of his play seems to take too long.

I would take Diaz over Anthony for sure, I do think he is significantly better.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 04 Jan 2024 14:48

YorkshireRoyal99
BRO_BOT
Whore Jackie

He certainly hasn't been at it as much this season, although he was very good at one point, he was probably Liverpool's most dangerous offensive player outside of Salah as his pace and dribbling ability caused defenders all sorts of problems. He could go inside or outside and beat them with pace, whereas Anthony tends to check back on his left foot and cut inside, but a lot of his play seems to take too long.

Just for the record, I think Anthony is shit

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2024 15:41

YorkshireRoyal99
BRO_BOT
Whore Jackie

I would imagine Diaz's performances have been impacted by the stress of his parents being kidnapped at the back end of the year but he is a very decent player esp in Liverpool's system but needs to get back to his previous levels. The ACON may help him given he'll likely get more minutes.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Jan 2024 15:45

BRO_BOT
YorkshireRoyal99
BRO_BOT

Thought Diaz was excellent when he first came in. Then got injured and has been much quieter and less effective since. He was excellent against Newcastle United mind in his last game. 11 goals in 49 appearances, compared to Antony's 4 in 41. Bet he's got way more assists too. Given Diaz was less than half Antony's price, think he was a decent buy. Mane was always going to be a tough act to follow.

Gakpo would be a better comparison with Antony, still not overly convinced by him, though he was also less than half Antony's price. :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Jan 2024 16:11

Whore Jackie
BRO_BOT
YorkshireRoyal99

Thought Diaz was excellent when he first came in. Then got injured and has been much quieter and less effective since. He was excellent against Newcastle United mind in his last game. 11 goals in 49 appearances, compared to Antony's 4 in 41. Bet he's got way more assists too. Given Diaz was less than half Antony's price, think he was a decent buy. Mane was always going to be a tough act to follow.

Gakpo would be a better comparison with Antony, still not overly convinced by him, though he was also less than half Antony's price. :lol:

And Gakpo has 15 goals and six assists in 51 games, tbf.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Jan 2024 12:33

Disappointing time in Spain for Chile's Ben Brereton Diaz, failing to score in 14 appearances for Villereal. He returns to England, on loan at Sheffield United until the end of the season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2024 16:37

Sanguine Disappointing time in Spain for Chile's Ben Brereton Diaz, failing to score in 14 appearances for Villereal. He returns to England, on loan at Sheffield United until the end of the season.

Don't expect him to do much better in the Prem tbh.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2024 15:08

Werner heading to Spurs, and Dier heading to... Bayern :lol:

10390 posts