Re: Scottish premier league.

by Winston Biscuit » 25 May 2024 12:41

First Scotch FA Cup Final between Celtic & Rangers in 22 years

Yeah, I know?!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 May 2024 13:20

[quote="Winston Biscuit"]First Scotch FA Cup Final between Celtic & Rangers in 22 years

Bearing in mind how far ahead they nearly always are that is surprising.
Often for our FA Cup Final we have a leading club against an ordinary club and it is the same this year with Man City there as the leading club.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 May 2024 14:26

It was always the joke that the SFA deliberately kept them apart in cup draws so that they could have a final worth selling the broadcasting rights for.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 May 2024 15:54

Let's hope Rangers can make up for all the reverses they've had from Celtic this season.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 May 2024 17:35

Once again showing what happens when you don't have a natural goalscorer in the team. Apart from the disallowed goal, Rangers didn't trouble Hart. Idah follows up the one half decent shot and buries the rebound.

I've watched Cantwell all season because I thought he looked a decent player in the Championship. He's so easily rattled and always disappears in big games. I can see why Norwich never trusted him in the Premier League.

And that has been the big difference between Rangers and Celtic this season. A decent goalscorer and the ability to handle pressure (maybe a consequence of Beale being clueless in the transfer market).

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 May 2024 18:14

Winston Biscuit First Scotch FA Cup Final between Celtic & Rangers in 22 years

Yeah, I know?!

That was a surprise when I saw it, although they've played each other a lot in the competition since then: ten times, including five times in the semi-final since 2016.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 May 2024 18:35

From Despair To Where? Once again showing what happens when you don't have a natural goalscorer in the team. Apart from the disallowed goal, Rangers didn't trouble Hart. Idah follows up the one half decent shot and buries the rebound.

I've watched Cantwell all season because I thought he looked a decent player in the Championship. He's so easily rattled and always disappears in big games. I can see why Norwich never trusted him in the Premier League.

And that has been the big difference between Rangers and Celtic this season. A decent goalscorer and the ability to handle pressure (maybe a consequence of Beale being clueless in the transfer market).

In addition to this, I think Rangers need to improve defensively. The defence much of an issue against generic Scottish team, but against better teams (even occasionally against generic Scottish team) it's a serious problem. Butland's had an incredible season (even with his mistake today), but he's constantly being relied on.

Celtic are currently ahead of Rangers, with a big clear out coming for the latter in the summer. I think Rangers have been very poor in the last few transfer windows; the scale of the clear out will require Rangers to have a good transfer window.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 May 2024 18:41

It does speak volumes that Butland was their POTS but I'm not sure any Rangers outfield player would get in the Celtic team. I also think the point about the Rangers defence is equally valid for Celtic as well. It's not great and it shows against better quality teams.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 May 2024 19:03

From Despair To Where? It does speak volumes that Butland was their POTS but I'm not sure any Rangers outfield player would get in the Celtic team. I also think the point about the Rangers defence is equally valid for Celtic as well. It's not great and it shows against better quality teams.

I think it applies to Celtic too, but to a lesser extent. I think there were three matches Celtic conceded three or more goals this season. The one in the Champions League was after they got an early red card: 6-0 away to Atletico. I think Rangers conceded three or more in about six matches (most of them domestically against relatively poor sides).

Rangers' defence is older too - I don't think Celtic have anyone older than 26 (so they should naturally get better over the next few seasons); Rangers have four players older than 30 in defence (IIRC, two are leaving at the end of this season).

I agree it's unlikely an outfield Rangers player would get in the current Celtic side.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 May 2024 19:13

Genuinely thought Taylor and Carter-Vickers were nearer 30. They seem to have been around for years.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 May 2024 19:20

From Despair To Where? Genuinely thought Taylor and Carter-Vickers were nearer 30. They seem to have been around for years.

Both are twenty-six! Greg Taylor started playing regular first team football at eighteen; Carter-Vickers went out on loan to Sheffield United when he was nineteen.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jun 2024 17:59

Fabio Silva,on loan from Wolves declared in an Instagram post that he would never consider playing for Rangers again.

Rangers fans breath a collective sigh if relief and throw a party.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 07 Jun 2024 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Jun 2024 18:01

From Despair To Where? Fabio Silva,on loan from Wolves declared inan Instagram post that he would never consider playing for Rangers again.

:lol:

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Jun 2024 18:04

From Despair To Where? Fabio Silva,on loan from Wolves declared in an Instagram post that he would never consider playing for Rangers again.

:lol:

I'm not sure I'd want him at Reading either.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jun 2024 18:06

General consensus was he was a diving lightweight with zero work rate, and, to be fair, they're spot on.

Some of his dives were hilarious though.