The footballer gets arrested thread

2148 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by Mr Angry » 21 Apr 2012 09:01

If I were Evans I would be asking to be put into the VPU (vulnerable prisoners unit) as he will definitely be targetted, less for his offence (unlike if the victim had been, say, under 16), but because he is relatively famous.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 21 Apr 2012 09:19

If i were Ched id be asking for a new brief.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Apr 2012 09:49

Awaiting inevitable comments on what i'm about to say but,

Anyone convicted of a sexual crime in prison is likely to be subjected to abuse, they will have the very real threat of being 'slashed' or 'wrapped up' in the showers, but it's unlikely they will have the threat of sexual assault, unless they are shown as a weak individual, and you get that kind of person in there. The guy will be put on the vulnerable prisoners winger instantly, as he is famous and in the normal wings would be subjected to blackmail and 'taxing'(as Mr Angry said, though he won't be asked). This was the same with the Pakistani cricketers who got sentenced a few months ago.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 21 Apr 2012 11:31

lowerwestjnr Awaiting inevitable comments on what i'm about to say but,

Anyone convicted of a sexual crime in prison is likely to be subjected to abuse, they will have the very real threat of being 'slashed' or 'wrapped up' in the showers, but it's unlikely they will have the threat of sexual assault, unless they are shown as a weak individual, and you get that kind of person in there. The guy will be put on the vulnerable prisoners winger instantly, as he is famous and in the normal wings would be subjected to blackmail and 'taxing'(as Mr Angry said, though he won't be asked). This was the same with the Pakistani cricketers who got sentenced a few months ago.

Just a break from HNA? was it?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 21 Apr 2012 11:52

Bumblebee

Yes Mike, it was.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2012 23:52

lowerwestjnr, Marlon King and Ched Evans
Bumblebee

Yes Mike, I'm a nonce

FinchOwl

by FinchOwl » 23 Apr 2012 15:25

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Apr 2012 15:51

Surely people naming the victim in this case are in danger of being prosecuted for contempt of court.

FinchOwl

by FinchOwl » 23 Apr 2012 16:28

Schards#2 Surely people naming the victim in this case are in danger of being prosecuted for contempt of court.

Yep, they sure are. Looks like one of his team-mates is getting himself in trouble too, possibly for that reason

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17810574

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Apr 2012 17:31

If the victim couldn't remember anything - and the other bloke also admitted having sex with her - why wasn't he also jailed for rape? :|

And if she couldn't remember anything, how could she remember she was with Evans?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Apr 2012 17:39

Royal Lady If the victim couldn't remember anything - and the other bloke also admitted having sex with her - why wasn't he also jailed for rape? :|

Cos birds are slags?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 24 Apr 2012 14:56

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Premier League footballer Steven Pienaar after he failed to appear at an Essex court.

Mr Pienaar, 30, was due to attend Chelmsford Magistrates' court on Monday to face two allegations of speeding on the same road in Essex, 11 days apart.

The Everton midfielder is also accused of failing to give driver details for his Aston Martin DBS car.

A warrant was issued for his arrest, a court spokesman said.

It is claimed Mr Pienaar was caught travelling at 43mph in a 30mph zone in Lambourne Road, Chigwell, on 10 October last year.

Mr Pienaar also faces an allegation he was travelling at 38 mph along the same road on 21 October.

The South Africa international joined former club Everton on loan from Tottenham in January.

What a helmet

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Apr 2012 15:21

FinchOwl
Schards#2 Surely people naming the victim in this case are in danger of being prosecuted for contempt of court.

Yep, they sure are. Looks like one of his team-mates is getting himself in trouble too, possibly for that reason

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17810574

Is she fit?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Apr 2012 15:39

Royal Lady If the victim couldn't remember anything - and the other bloke also admitted having sex with her - why wasn't he also jailed for rape? :|

And if she couldn't remember anything, how could she remember she was with Evans?

I was puzzled at first but apparently it might be down to the fact that she was seen going up willingly with the other guy to the room and had been seen kissing him during the night out etc, which in the eyes of the jury must have meant that there was consent. With Evans it sounds like he was just there in the hotel room when whatever happened happened and she was in no state to make a call over what she wanted.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 26 Apr 2012 00:18

It's a tough one with this whole rape case, although you have to respect the victim and feel terrible over what she went through - it seems as if the evidence is slightly thin and strange. I mean, she can't remember and she may have been very very drunk, but if ched had asked to join, and she had yes, I doubt a footballer with few brain cells to rub together would weigh up the fact that she was too drunk to consent - he most likely heard yes and thought yes!

As I say, not willing to condone any of this, but it does seem to me throughout the whole case that doesn't add up.

How on earth that this guy will get (possibly) longer than Lee Hughes and Marlon King put together doesn't quite seem fair, if it was a case that she said yes but was just too p1ssed to remember it in the morning.

Most likely will be proven wrong on this, and if so, lock him away for as long as they can!

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 26 Apr 2012 12:39

royalsroyalsroyals92 How on earth that this guy will get (possibly) longer than Lee Hughes and Marlon King put together doesn't quite seem fair

What makes you think that? Hughes was sentenced to six years, King to eighteen months. Both were released early, but so will Evans.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 26 Apr 2012 12:44

I didn't do much research... Just knew none of them were in for too long

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 27 Apr 2012 08:27

Deadlock
royalsroyalsroyals92 How on earth that this guy will get (possibly) longer than Lee Hughes and Marlon King put together doesn't quite seem fair

What makes you think that? Hughes was sentenced to six years, King to eighteen months. Both were released early, but so will Evans.

Evans will only serve 2 and 1/2 years max, and could be out in 18-20 months if he gets tag.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Apr 2012 11:29

lowerwestjnr
Deadlock

Evans will only serve 2 and 1/2 years max, and could be out in 18-20 months if he gets tag.

Might effect his ball control.

Mind you, it was poor ball control that got him into this mess in the first place.

IMHO this conviction will be binned on appeal.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 30 Apr 2012 11:18

Jermain Pennant arrested and charged with drink driving, driving while disqualified and driving with no insurance after crashing into another car.

Without football clubs mollycoddling their assets like him these people would be screwed. I predict Pennant will be dead within 5 years of retiring.

2148 posts