Avram Grant

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Avram Grant

by Hoop Blah » 29 Apr 2008 10:18

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The reason the media hate him is because when Jose went all the press told us Grant was totally out of his depth, all the players would refuse to play for him and he'd be sacked by Christmas.

He made them look like fools so they are still trying to bury him to say I told you so.

The fast majority of the media should be shot, except Alan Green who doesn't deserve to be shot. He deserves ass raped to death by Fergie.

It's been quite amusing watching them sway one way then the other with him though.

At first they said he was underqualified and way out of his depth. Then when results were good some of them said "hands up we might've been wrong" and then when he didn't win the Carling Cup they were all jumping on the 'he can't win the big games' band wagon and screaming I told you so.

All these rumours of rifts in the camp and the players running the team by themselves are probably just as much media led column fillers as they are the moanings of disgruntled players who aren't having their ego's massaged by Jose anymore. The press and the Chelsea fans seem to have forgotten all the stories of a disaffected Drogba wanting to leave well before Jose left, Cole and Robben being upset by the roatation and having to defend a bit, John Terry threatening to leave if he wasn't given a 9 year contract and a chance to manage the side at the end of it etc etc

He's doing a pretty decent job, as good as Mourinhio? Not sure myself, you could only judge when he's had a chance to build his own team.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 29 Apr 2008 14:21

Hoop Blah
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The reason the media hate him is because when Jose went all the press told us Grant was totally out of his depth, all the players would refuse to play for him and he'd be sacked by Christmas.

He made them look like fools so they are still trying to bury him to say I told you so.

The fast majority of the media should be shot, except Alan Green who doesn't deserve to be shot. He deserves ass raped to death by Fergie.

It's been quite amusing watching them sway one way then the other with him though.

At first they said he was underqualified and way out of his depth. Then when results were good some of them said "hands up we might've been wrong" and then when he didn't win the Carling Cup they were all jumping on the 'he can't win the big games' band wagon and screaming I told you so.

All these rumours of rifts in the camp and the players running the team by themselves are probably just as much media led column fillers as they are the moanings of disgruntled players who aren't having their ego's massaged by Jose anymore. The press and the Chelsea fans seem to have forgotten all the stories of a disaffected Drogba wanting to leave well before Jose left, Cole and Robben being upset by the roatation and having to defend a bit, John Terry threatening to leave if he wasn't given a 9 year contract and a chance to manage the side at the end of it etc etc

He's doing a pretty decent job, as good as Mourinhio? Not sure myself, you could only judge when he's had a chance to build his own team.

I have a genuine feeling that the tabs make up stories that are believable if they are ever short of space in their papers.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 29 Apr 2008 21:53

I recall the Sun printed a bar chart full of baloney stats that 'proved' Grant was a worse Manager than their favorite media soundcuntbite Mouriniho.

What a laugh.