West Ham v Birmingham

305 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: West Ham v Birmingham

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2012 10:24

Win the next 2 and it becomes fairly accademic. 10 points clear of WHU with 4 to go? I would take that 8)

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Apr 2012 10:50

Terminal Boardom Win the next 2 and it becomes fairly accademic. 10 points clear of WHU with 4 to go? I would take that 8)

Except it would be 9 points clear.....but I'd still take that as well! :wink:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 10 Apr 2012 11:52

Mr Angry
Platypuss
Avon Royal I just know that there will be a whole host of people who are deriding West Ham's draw tonight and who will also be proclaiming that a draw for us tomorrow will be a good result.

It would be. WHU would still need to make up 4 points on us, but with 1 game fewer.

Spot on.

I can't understand how people fail to see that if we draw tonight, West Ham will STILL be the same number of points behind us with 4 to play as they were with 6 to play; they simply aren't closing the gap and are running out of games to do so.

Exactly the point I was clumsily trying to make yesterday.....

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Apr 2012 15:28

horrible viewing, said at 3-1 there was no chance whu would score two and not to worry, then carlton cole scored about a minute later. The west ham fans were sucking that ball into the net...it was horrible viewing. The TV cameras would have blown up from the noise if a winner went in.

Can still see them having the last laugh, they have to chain some wins together eventually when you look at them on paper.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 10 Apr 2012 15:30

yeah I worry the same, surely the talent in their side will start swinging games, but as noted above, they're running out of games to do it in

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Apr 2012 15:33

I can see them getting 9/10 points from their remaining games, they usually batter everyone away and their home game against hull ( who are useless) should be a banker, I can see BHA being the biggest threat but if they play like they did second half against birmingham they'll steam roller them. We need to pick up three wins to go up IMO.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Apr 2012 15:35

Watching the second half of that game, it's almost unbelievable that they're not home and hosed already.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Apr 2012 15:36

Yep, they should never have been allowed to spend money they don't have on that massive squad. Sickening mercenaries.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Apr 2012 16:02

LOL @ the biased comments on here about West Hams penalty. Quite clearly a penalty. :lol:

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 10 Apr 2012 16:22

No Fixed Abode LOL @ the biased comments on here about West Hams penalty. Quite clearly a penalty. :lol:

LOL at the Chelsea fan trolling a Championship club's forum.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Apr 2012 16:45

JimmytheJim
No Fixed Abode LOL @ the biased comments on here about West Hams penalty. Quite clearly a penalty. :lol:

Now dat's pwopa lolz.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Apr 2012 17:03

JimmytheJim

trolling? Clearly you didn't watch the game then? Even the pundits agreed it was a penalty.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Apr 2012 17:06

sandman
JimmytheJim

Now dat's pwopa lolz.

See you lot over on KUMB m8. :lol:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 Apr 2012 17:06

No Fixed Abode Even the pundits agreed it was a penalty.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, you know you're on a loser when you're disagreeing with Sky pundits.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Apr 2012 17:11

RobRoyal

If he had kept his hands down and it struck his hand, then no pen. the fact he moved his hands towards the ball, defo penalty. Hinchcliffe was spot on in his opinion. Noel Hunt dived against West Ham the other week and won you a penalty, so swings and roundabouts.....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2012 17:15

FiNeRaIn I can see them getting 9/10 points from their remaining games, they usually batter everyone away and their home game against hull ( who are useless) should be a banker, I can see BHA being the biggest threat but if they play like they did second half against birmingham they'll steam roller them. We need to pick up three wins to go up IMO.

Aye but Doncaster should have been a banker for them, and Palace, and Watford and Burnley and Bristol City....

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 10 Apr 2012 17:38

If we lose tonight and only pick up a point at best on Friday I believe this will give whu impetus and affect us. As someone said, each game is inceasingly more critical. A point tonight and another one on Friday would be acceptable although I still feel that would give whu belief. On the other hand, two difficult away draws would also keep our confidence up so I believe we'd continue to be in the driving seat. I'd be happy with two draws, delighted with 3 points (providing we don't get stuffed in the other match), over the moon with 4 and spunkin' in the street with 6.

However, I'm very concerned now we've had to change our team and really fear that whu will overtake us.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 10 Apr 2012 17:40

Stranded
FiNeRaIn I can see them getting 9/10 points from their remaining games, they usually batter everyone away and their home game against hull ( who are useless) should be a banker, I can see BHA being the biggest threat but if they play like they did second half against birmingham they'll steam roller them. We need to pick up three wins to go up IMO.

Aye but Doncaster should have been a banker for them, and Palace, and Watford and Burnley and Bristol City....

In fairness, they were unlucky in most of those and in football things even themselves out eventually. Performances reap points eventually.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Apr 2012 19:40

No Fixed Abode
RobRoyal

If he had kept his hands down and it struck his hand, then no pen. the fact he moved his hands towards the ball, defo penalty. Hinchcliffe was spot on in his opinion. Noel Hunt dived against West Ham the other week and won you a penalty, so swings and roundabouts.....

I suppose it doesn't count that the ball was straight at his face and that he was turning his body away from the ball.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 Apr 2012 19:48

ZacNaloen I suppose it doesn't count that the ball was straight at his face and that he was turning his body away from the ball.

LULZ URE SO BYEASED READIN MONGS !!!!111!!!

Ahem.

305 posts