Non - League thread 2009/10

725 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Non - League thread 2009/10

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 May 2010 17:58

AthleticoSpizz with a massive :oops: and I do appologise

i STAND CORRECTED re Fleetwood....yet there is still the potential

Hope that they win....just so as they can p1ss Southport right off (who got promoted thanx to Farsleys expunged record, yet were very ungracious about it) ... watched The Cod Army once at Highbury way back when they were in the NW Counties

got the Lancaster bit right tho'
Fleetwood 2 Alfreton 1

Fleetwood promoted

Delighted for them........now they get to wipe the smug confrontational smiles off of Southports faces in the BSP

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 May 2010 04:09

Bath City also up to the Conference after beating Woking 1-0.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 May 2010 15:52

Colin Millard has quit as boss of Reading Town over lacks of funds for next season

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 18 May 2010 16:17

TBM Colin Millard has quit as boss of Reading Town over lacks of funds for next season

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ading_town

Real shame after doing so well this season.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 20 May 2010 12:14

... big 'fun and games' on the financial front for the Conference: following Chester and Grays Athletic dropping OUT of the upper levels for next season could now see Northwich down to the Evo-stick Northern Premier and Salisbury City to the Southern Premier.
Both failed to meet repayment deadlines.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... adlin.html

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6624

.... and Grays have f^%^&ed up big time and (allegedly) put their submission/application to join the Ryman in too late and now have been dumped down into the Essex Senior League (STEP05) :shock:

Merthyr aren't officially anywhere yet either - currently in the Southern Prem constitution for 10/11 - BUT that was BEFORE the bombshell about Salisbury landed. Rumours abound they may be in the Western the Hellenic or even cap in hand back to the Welsh Premier. (hmmmm bet they'll be made welcome :? ) Its not as if they've got a ground either.

All a bit late to demote clubs to make way for them too!

Reprieves then so far for Worcester City - though they are moving to CONF-North - Weston Super Mare (again! :?: ) and FGR. :roll:

This may run and run.......

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 20 May 2010 12:20

Four Of Clubs Reprieves then so far for Worcester City - though they are moving to CONF-North - Weston Super Mare (again! :?: ) and FGR. :roll:

Forest Green?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 May 2010 12:40

Four Of Clubs ... big 'fun and games' on the financial front for the Conference: following Chester and Grays Athletic dropping OUT of the upper levels for next season could now see Northwich down to the Evo-stick Northern Premier and Salisbury City to the Southern Premier.
Both failed to meet repayment deadlines.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... adlin.html

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6624

.... and Grays have f^%^&ed up big time and (allegedly) put their submission/application to join the Ryman in too late and now have been dumped down into the Essex Senior League (STEP05) :shock:

Merthyr aren't officially anywhere yet either - currently in the Southern Prem constitution for 10/11 - BUT that was BEFORE the bombshell about Salisbury landed. Rumours abound they may be in the Western the Hellenic or even cap in hand back to the Welsh Premier. (hmmmm bet they'll be made welcome :? ) Its not as if they've got a ground either.

All a bit late to demote clubs to make way for them too!

Reprieves then so far for Worcester City - though they are moving to CONF-North - Weston Super Mare (again! :?: ) and FGR. :roll:

BBC Website seems to think that WSM has been relegated and Harrogate repreived due to them having the better points record.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 May 2010 12:41

T.R.O.L.I.
Four Of Clubs Reprieves then so far for Worcester City - though they are moving to CONF-North - Weston Super Mare (again! :?: ) and FGR. :roll:

Forest Green?

Relegated from the BSP - If Salisbury are gone then they may well stay put.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 20 May 2010 13:17

Finger's crossed then - if only for the increased chances (albeit slim ones) of drawing them in the FA Cup 3rd round next year!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 20 May 2010 19:01

Looks like John Terry's brother is just as bad.

http://nln24.com/news/story/terrys-brot ... ir-scandal

PAUL TERRY – the brother of Chelsea defender John Terry whose affair with the partner of one of his Stamford Bridge team-mates made national headlines earlier this year – has allegedly bedded the fiancee of one of his own playing colleagues at Rushden & Diamonds.

Paul has allegedly been sleeping with Lindsey Cowan, the 25-year-old fiancee of Diamonds stopper Dale Roberts, the Daily Mirror is reporting.

A source said: “Lindsey came out and told Dale what had been happening. He was horrified.

“Dale rang Paul and he denied everything but he’s admitted to other players that he’s been sleeping with her.”

Roberts said: “It’s true, she told me she’d been seeing Paul.

“We’ve split up. I’m trying to get my head around it all, it’s only just happened. I’m a bit messed up.”

The news has caused a split in the Rushden dressing room, with some players calling for Paul to be shown the door.

Dale is reportedly refusing to play alongside Paul next season.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 May 2010 16:00

Stranded
BBC Website seems to think that WSM has been relegated and Harrogate repreived due to them having the better points record.

... think the Beeb might be a bit behind :roll: - read elsewhere on the NL Forum that Harrogate were reprieved early this week following Chester/Grays/Northwich-
- W-S-M may get a stay of execution - reportedly for the umpeenth time - cos of Salisbury?

The relegation from STEP04 looks a bit 'warped' too - VCD Athletic (Vickers Crayford) have been demoted due to grading work not being completed at their ground - think for some reason this has meant a reprieve for Harlow - though again Eastbourne Town's points-per-game record was better I think?
Irony of course that VCD's ground is south of the river yet they actually play in the Isthmian NORTH - and it seems the reprieve has come within the division - which isn't how the rules are phrased and doubtless p!sses off Eastbourne but hey ho?

Oh and Almondsbury Town have a had a years' stay of execution on being evicted from their current ground by the Gloucs FA so don't need a groundshare at Clevedon Town - which the SL had rejected anyway! :shock:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 May 2010 16:07

Compo's Hat
TBM Colin Millard has quit as boss of Reading Town over lacks of funds for next season

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ading_town

Real shame after doing so well this season.

Roddie Slater takes control

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 27 May 2010 12:38

Keith Scott "parts company" with Windsor and Eton

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 27 May 2010 14:49

... latest on the Merthyr front appears to be a 'de-camp' to Taff Wells (about 20 miles south) following their anticipated liquidation on the 12th June.
Taff Wells have a STEP06-graded ground with seats/turnstile etc etc. but apparently not much in the way of parking. The Trust hoping to keep Merthyr 'alive' are trying to negotiate with Bus and Train companies to cater for a (possibly) larger number of travellers twixt Merthyr and Taff Wells

Trouble is they're a bit late to get in the English Pyramid League of their choice - (Western Division One) what with various AGMs and entry deadlines happening well before the 12th.

For info should the 'Martyrs' be accepted into the Western League their nearest game to 'us' would be just south of Swindon @ Calne (who had been relegated from the Premier last time I looked) and a bit further west, down at Devizes.
If by some weird stretch of logic they get a place in the Hellenic One West then they could in theory get as close as Hungerford :shock: whose Reserve side have applied to join for 10/11.

No-one seems to be able to decide their final League constitutions until the FA decide what to do with the Conference & Southern League misfits.

eg Salisbury are still trying to get an appeal together but the general NL fan consensus is they haven't got a prayer - they owe a significant debt to the taxman - albeit seem to have paid off everyone else.

I think there are a few other 'odd' reprieves going on too around the Ryman - not quite sure why - I'd already pointed out the Div One North demotion for VCD above - but Walton Casuals don't appear to have been relegated from Div One South to the Combined Counties Premier - even though they finished in a relegation place - will try and find out who had 'dropped/been kicked out'. :?

Closer to home Kintbury Rangers are almost certainly returning to County level football - probably N.Berks or maybe Wilts League - nothing confirmed.
... and sadly Marlow Utd, who have been g/sharing at Flackwell for a few years are dropping out of the Hellenic Premier and taking two steps down into the Reading Leagues - this hands a reprieve to Fairford Town.

.... expect a turbulent close-season in the Pyramid then ...... :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 May 2010 20:32

Kintbury Ressies played in N.Berks league last year so i imagine if they drop down it will be to there.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 May 2010 21:05

AndyRFC Keith Scott "parts company" with Windsor and Eton

Bizarre how long it took to get announced. I knew this, and the fact that Dave Mudge was the new manager, on 16th April, a week before the end of the season.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 27 May 2010 21:53

Alan Partridge Kintbury Ressies played in N.Berks league last year so i imagine if they drop down it will be to there.

... yeh - makes perfect sense and its not as if that particular league is over-burdened with clubs - only had 10 in its top division last season - strange then, they were still playing league games well into May?

There are two other ex-Hellenic sides in the N.Berks Prem - AFC Wallingford & Lambourn Sports.

Geographically I'm not sure that there's that much in it regards travelling - don't know much about the Wilts League other than Pewsey & Marlborough - but I suspect quite a few of its clubs could be Swinedon based and at its extreme western edge there might be some near Trowbridge- whereas most of the N.Berks teams are dotted along the Reading -> P@xford 'corridor' - with a few out beyond Wantage.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 27 May 2010 23:13

Four Of Clubs
Alan Partridge Kintbury Ressies played in N.Berks league last year so i imagine if they drop down it will be to there.

... yeh - makes perfect sense and its not as if that particular league is over-burdened with clubs - only had 10 in its top division last season - strange then, they were still playing league games well into May?

There are two other ex-Hellenic sides in the N.Berks Prem - AFC Wallingford & Lambourn Sports.

Geographically I'm not sure that there's that much in it regards travelling - don't know much about the Wilts League other than Pewsey & Marlborough - but I suspect quite a few of its clubs could be Swinedon based and at its extreme western edge there might be some near Trowbridge- whereas most of the N.Berks teams are dotted along the Reading -> P@xford 'corridor' - with a few out beyond Wantage.

Mainly because Saxton and Faringdon were getting to semis and finals of competitions. Faringdon went well in the Berks and Bucks junior cup or whatever one it is. So the league games got backlogged.

There's quite a few in the Wantage area now FoC. Team I transferred to Stanford in the Vale, Challow, Childrey, Uffington, Shrivenham A, Faringdon, Coleshill , Grove and Lambourn sports.

Some teams based around Abingdon, few near Wallingford and the rest nearer to Didcot. Quite an even split actually.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 May 2010 09:56

Alan Partridge There's quite a few in the Wantage area now FoC. Team I transferred to Stanford in the Vale, Challow, Childrey, Uffington, Shrivenham A, Faringdon, Coleshill , Grove and Lambourn sports.

Some teams based around Abingdon, few near Wallingford and the rest nearer to Didcot. Quite an even split actually.

... Me and The Lad shunned the Cup Final snorefest and popped over to Faringdon for their last game v Saxton R - simple set up and of course the best bit - a really nice clubhouse. Sunny day plenty of 'local' people out watching their 'local' sides - NL heaven. :P
I think BOTH clubs had organized end of season BBQs for that PM too.

Did notice on the drive round and over beyond Wantage, just how many N.Berks clubs seemed to be up that way. Reportedly Challow United's ground is an absolute gem.

The N.Berks also has one of the better lower level league websites for fixtures and club info too. Look back through any set of Saturday matches this season and there was always plenty of clubs playing in some cup or other all the way through all 5 divisions.
... I presume the top division (Div One - none of this Premier/Senior nonsense 8) ) may actually have been 'foreshortened' this season due to the withdrawl of Blewbury and Ardington/Lockinge.
The League doesn't start until the very end of August either - they usually have the 'Didcot Festival Cup' first but sadly looks as if this has been cancelled this coming season due to lack of entries ? :?

The 'Centenary Cup' played this year gave a big clue as to its set up too - the Cup was sub-divided into four 'preliminary sections' : Wallingford, Faringdon, Abingdon & Wantage.

I was so impressed with Faringdon's set up, I even made an effort to escape 'domestic obligations' & go and watch a Div Two game last w/e. :wink:

I think I'll definitely 'dip' into this league pre- and post- regular season - I like the idea of grabbing any MW games they might play too, in early Sept or April/May - usually KO early since only a few have lights.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 29 May 2010 00:56

Four Of Clubs
Alan Partridge There's quite a few in the Wantage area now FoC. Team I transferred to Stanford in the Vale, Challow, Childrey, Uffington, Shrivenham A, Faringdon, Coleshill , Grove and Lambourn sports.

... Me and The Lad shunned the Cup Final snorefest and popped over to Faringdon for their last game v Saxton R - simple set up and of course the best bit - a really nice clubhouse. Sunny day plenty of 'local' people out watching their 'local' sides - NL heaven. :P
I think BOTH clubs had organized end of season BBQs for that PM too.

Did notice on the drive round and over beyond Wantage, just how many N.Berks clubs seemed to be up that way. Reportedly Challow United's ground is an absolute gem.

The N.Berks also has one of the better lower level league websites for fixtures and club info too. Look back through any set of Saturday matches this season and there was always plenty of clubs playing in some cup or other all the way through all 5 divisions.
... I presume the top division (Div One - none of this Premier/Senior nonsense 8) ) may actually have been 'foreshortened' this season due to the withdrawl of Blewbury and Ardington/Lockinge.
The League doesn't start until the very end of August either - they usually have the 'Didcot Festival Cup' first but sadly looks as if this has been cancelled this coming season due to lack of entries ? :?

The 'Centenary Cup' played this year gave a big clue as to its set up too - the Cup was sub-divided into four 'preliminary sections' : Wallingford, Faringdon, Abingdon & Wantage.

I was so impressed with Faringdon's set up, I even made an effort to escape 'domestic obligations' & go and watch a Div Two game last w/e. :wink:

I think I'll definitely 'dip' into this league pre- and post- regular season - I like the idea of grabbing any MW games they might play too, in early Sept or April/May - usually KO early since only a few have lights.

Good knowledge!

The nbfl website is really good to be fair and updated pretty sharpish, Div one was 10 teams down to the late withdrawls of Blewbury and Ardington, it is usually 12 teams. Rumours of teams entering NB next season so it will almost certainly be 12 teams.

As for Challow's ground...it's interesting!. Behind the back of a school, the car park and changing rooms at the top of a huge dip to where the pitch is. It's pecualiar if nothing else! Having to go down a bank to the pitch :)

The Didcot Festival cup was getting a bit tedious as teams ended up playing the same teams every year in pre season so some teams have pulled out to sort their own pre season out, also once my old man decided to stop organising it it's gone a bit tits up. Not sure if they will run it this year. There is a Faringdon pre season cup which i believe is midweek. I presume we at Stanford will be involved in that.

The Centenery Cup was a one off to celebrate 100 years of the NB League so I would assume that's not happening.

725 posts