CheLOLsea

9597 posts
Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CheLOLsea

by Mr Optimist » 07 Dec 2015 20:16

AthleticoSpizz Ok, ok.....it was offside Kes

You were deprived of the prize of 1 point at home to Bournemouth, how desperate things have become. Why?

Yeah but we all know Bournemouth are in a false position at the moment.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Dec 2015 20:42

Stranded it's not offside.

It is offside. The replays proved it and the linesman got it wrong. Yes you can see why in real time it was given, but it still doesn't make it 'not' offside. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2015 20:43

Platypuss
No Fixed Abode
Platypuss He was offside by an inch or two, but the linesman had no real way of seeing it = benefit of doubt to attacker.

Except when it's Fabregas at West Ham eh? :lol:

In that game the assistant had no doubt so called it (correctly) offside.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Oo oo ooo. I know, I know!

Is it brain damage?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2015 20:47

No Fixed Abode
Stranded it's not offside.

It is offside. The replays proved it and the linesman got it wrong. Yes you can see why in real time it was given, but it still doesn't make it 'not' offside. :lol:

What makes it not offside is that it wasn't given offside.

And given how close it was, there's no way you can argue that the assistant made a bad call, so the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker. I've seen it and there's no way even with replays freeze frame and a helpful line you can categorically say it was offside... just too close.

Maybe if everyone at Chelsea stopped trying to pin the blame everywhere but on their own inadequacies... a culture that seems to have been born from Mourinho's ego, they wouldn't be in such a god awful mess.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Dec 2015 20:47

AthleticoSpizz Ok, ok.....it was offside Kes

You were deprived of the prize of 1 point at home to Bournemouth, how desperate things have become. Why?

Hey, nowhere have I said about the performance. Just laughing at a few people that think Murrays goal was onside despite video, yes video evidence proving he was offside.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Dec 2015 20:52

Yeah but, just what is going on this season?
Pretty much the Same talented bunch (with a few embellishments) that won the Prem less than 9 months ago....it can't all be down to the officials surely?

As a fan, what do you put it down to?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Dec 2015 20:55

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Erm - the replays proved he was marginally offside. Concrete evidence the linesman got it wrong. IF you read post Ian....go on read it again....it says "Yes you can see why in real time it was given", Still doesn't make it right though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2015 21:15

No Fixed Abode
Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Erm - the replays proved he was marginally offside. Concrete evidence the linesman got it wrong. IF you read post Ian....go on read it again....it says "Yes you can see why in real time it was given", Still doesn't make it right though.

Evidently they haven't, seeing as half of us who've seen them disagree. That close, it's certainly not wrong.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Dec 2015 21:15

If anything good comes of this it's that Kes has finally admitted Fabregas was offside

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 Dec 2015 21:30

AthleticoSpizz As a fan, what do you put it down to?

^^^ This. Can we all stop poking Kes with the rattlestick for a bit. Its got to the stage now where I'd truly like to hear where a Chelsea fan thinks its gone wrong*.

* not including marginal decisions or conspiracy theories

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 07 Dec 2015 22:54

6ft Kerplunk Can we all stop poking Kes with the rattlestick for a bit.

No.

6ft Kerplunk Its got to the stage now where I'd truly like to hear where a Chelsea fan thinks its gone wrong

You won't find one on here, m8.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Dec 2015 23:23

Chelsea fan at work telling me today that he expects them to be knocked out of champions league stage and go into Europa.

This all endorsed by ambrovich because winning Europa is most likely route to get back into champions league next season.

Yes, he was being deadly serious.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 08 Dec 2015 08:30

paultheroyal Chelsea fan at work telling me today that he expects them to be knocked out of champions league stage and go into Europa.

This all endorsed by ambrovich because winning Europa is most likely route to get back into champions league next season.

if you want to be in the Champions League, isn't it easier to just stay in it rather than looking at a way to get out just so you might get back in?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Dec 2015 09:01

Back in October....

No Fixed Abode
Silver Fox :lol: Calm down to a panic m8, he was just offside, it was close though, good job by the lino

:lol:

He wasn't offside. Level - so by the rules, he should get the 'benefit' of doubt - so the goal should have stood.

Chelsea don't make up these rules, the FA do. So you can see why Mourinho was aggrieved.

As it was a close 2-1 scoreline - these decisions can be critical....

These things don't matter in a 4-2 drubbing.

No Fixed Abode
Hoop Blah His leg was ahead of the last defender Kes.

You can score with a leg so he was, just, in an offside position. It's one of those that is too close to get 100% right at the speed of play so I think the lino was a bit lucky to be call it right and he possibly should've given the benefit of doubt to the attacking team but he was obviously not in doubt and was ultimately proved correct.

Totally disagree. He was onside. Even with the benefit of the replay nobody is sure, so by the FA ruling you have to give the attacker the benefit of doubt.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Dec 2015 09:10

6ft Kerplunk
AthleticoSpizz As a fan, what do you put it down to?

^^^ This. Can we all stop poking Kes with the rattlestick for a bit. Its got to the stage now where I'd truly like to hear where a Chelsea fan thinks its gone wrong*.

* not including marginal decisions or conspiracy theories

Don't worry m8! I'm not rattLOLed in the slightest. It's just the stupidity of people saying he wasn't offside despite video evidence showing he was.

I never said that Saturday's loss was down to that decision either. Saturday's loss was not being deadly enough in front of goal. Last season we would have won that about 4-1 on the chances we created.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Dec 2015 09:16

Royal Rother Back in October....

No Fixed Abode
Silver Fox :lol: Calm down to a panic m8, he was just offside, it was close though, good job by the lino

:lol:

He wasn't offside. Level - so by the rules, he should get the 'benefit' of doubt - so the goal should have stood.

Chelsea don't make up these rules, the FA do. So you can see why Mourinho was aggrieved.

As it was a close 2-1 scoreline - these decisions can be critical....

These things don't matter in a 4-2 drubbing.

No Fixed Abode
Hoop Blah His leg was ahead of the last defender Kes.

You can score with a leg so he was, just, in an offside position. It's one of those that is too close to get 100% right at the speed of play so I think the lino was a bit lucky to be call it right and he possibly should've given the benefit of doubt to the attacking team but he was obviously not in doubt and was ultimately proved correct.

Totally disagree. He was onside. Even with the benefit of the replay nobody is sure, so by the FA ruling you have to give the attacker the benefit of doubt.

From another angle I do agree he was marginally offside v West Ham. Still, it's reassuring Stranded will be consistent in his analysis and stick up for Fabregas in this instance and say the linesman got it wrong. He was offside, it was marginal so the goal should have stood.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Dec 2015 09:17

paultheroyal Chelsea fan at work telling me today that he expects them to be knocked out of champions league stage and go into Europa.

They can't beat Bournemouth at home......they 'aint winning the Europa League.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2015 09:21

Winston Smith

if you want to be in the Champions League, isn't it easier to just stay in it rather than looking at a way to get out just so you might get back in?

There's a certain amount of logic to the idea, and it might give Chelsea fans some comfort during their struggles if they think they're tactically losing as part of a cunning managerial masterplan to beat the system by the Special One.

They really do need to make the Champions League next season though, and that might well be their most realistic avenue.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Dec 2015 09:37

Zammo

They can't beat Bournemouth at home......they 'aint winning the Europa League.

Our league form wasn't brilliant the year we won the

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Dec 2015 09:38

NFA - tbh I can't recall seeing the Fabregas offside, I may well have seen it on youtube - only saw this one as I was in the country this weekend. If it was as close a potential call as the goal then yep, flag probably should have stayed down.

Was it a fairly similar circumstance? (Probably looking at someone who isn't Kes here to respond ;-) )

9597 posts