Man CitHEHEHE

801 posts
PATRIQT

Re: Man CitHEHEHE

by PATRIQT » 08 Feb 2023 14:21

Over 100 breaches of the rules over 10 years. If this was an EFL club they've be kicked out of the leagues. As this is Man City and their fancy lawyers, it'll be a significant fine (loose change to City), a transfer ban for a season or two, and big points deduction.

What it should be to have maximum impact is relegation from the PL, and I'd argue no guarantee of a place in the EFL as well, and stripped off all silverware won during the period they are found guilty of cheating. But it wont happen.

City overturned their 2 year European ban recently as well. Uefa will be all over them if found guilty!

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Feb 2023 15:37

I reckon it's just going to be a hefty fine (not by Man City's standards), points deduction and potential transfer ban. It's a serious allegation though and over 100 charges is something that the PL must be pretty confident about, having said that so are City.

They should only really be kicked out of the league if it's deemed severe enough to do so.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Feb 2023 16:49

if they were banned from Europe for, say, 2 seasons, then that would have a real world impact as players would want out, and others wouldn't join.

I would say a a good punishment would be a 2 year euro ban, a transfer window ban, and start next season on a large points deduction

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Feb 2023 16:57

Winston Biscuit if they were banned from Europe for, say, 2 seasons, then that would have a real world impact as players would want out, and others wouldn't join.

I would say a a good punishment would be a 2 year euro ban, a transfer window ban, and start next season on a large points deduction

If found guilty … is the bit you left out

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Feb 2023 16:59

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit if they were banned from Europe for, say, 2 seasons, then that would have a real world impact as players would want out, and others wouldn't join.

If found guilty … is the bit you left out

well, obv

(or just for lolz maybe)

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Feb 2023 17:13

If found guilty, then - as Rangers were in Scotland a few Years ago - they really have to be punished very severly (and I mean relegation out of the Premier League and having to give back all titles won in the period), otherwise other clubs will have been given a green light to behave however they want in the future.

This doesn't appear to be a short term over indulgence and poor financial management; this - on the face of it - appears to be have been planned and orchestrated cheating of the system, systematically and on an industrial scale, for Years.

The other Premier League clubs will - rightly - be livid if a member has basically stolen from them for all that time and don't get a punishment to fit the crime. How much did this fraudulent behavious cost other clubs? A relegation because of defeats to a cheating Man City and all the consequences of that event? A player choosing not to come to a club because they just missed out on Champions League football because of a cheating Man City, and all the consequences of that? The list is endless, and there will be £1,500 an hour lawyers licking their lips in anticipation of the fall out.

This is a massive can of worms and the implications could be wide ranging.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Feb 2023 17:28

FTR - I actually think this is a big deal and think something pretty severe will happen to them if found guilty. I am not in the 'the PL will do f all about it' camp

would love a Calciopoli type situation in English football

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Feb 2023 17:37

Winston Biscuit FTR - I actually think this is a big deal and think something pretty severe will happen to them if found guilty. I am not in the 'the PL will do f all about it' camp

How many others do you think will get dragged in to the same position ?
My guess is that City will use that as a lever “if you’re going to punish us you have to punish A, B or C”
If found guilty (nearly caught by my own pedantry there :lol: )

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Feb 2023 17:59

…a side issue being in the defence that they may care to use

“Hundreds of redundancies will have to be made” …spare them a thought guv’nor

“The Non-league teams could never safely host us”

“We are a World product”

??? go figure, it’ll end up being an ‘appropriate’ punishment.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Feb 2023 18:49

AthleticoSpizz …a side issue being in the defence that they may care to use

“Hundreds of redundancies will have to be made” …spare them a thought guv’nor

“The Non-league teams could never safely host us”

“We are a World product”

??? go figure, it’ll end up being an ‘appropriate’ punishment.

But any redundancies would be the fault of City not the punishing authorities so they can’t pull that one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Feb 2023 18:54

But their£££ lawyers would play-it as a plea for lenience no?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Feb 2023 08:46

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit FTR - I actually think this is a big deal and think something pretty severe will happen to them if found guilty. I am not in the 'the PL will do f all about it' camp

How many others do you think will get dragged in to the same position ?
My guess is that City will use that as a lever “if you’re going to punish us you have to punish A, B or C”
If found guilty (nearly caught by my own pedantry there :lol: )

I think that's the issue, if City get punished then there will no doubt be more finger-pointing at other clubs who have done x, y and z in the past as well.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 09 Feb 2023 09:45

Don't forget the PL is only an amalgam of its member clubs - it's not really an entity in its own right Each of the 20 clubs have one vote, and you need a majority to get anything done - I think it might even be a 2/3 majority for a lot of things.

So it's pretty clear to me that there's a consensus and support for this among the other clubs, either amongst the bigger ones. If this was something that wasn't supported, then it would have been quietly lost or even seen the CEO voted off.

Personally, I think this may be tied up with the way the PL were embarrassed that there was nothing in their rules to stop the Saudis buying Newcastle, even though a majority (I think, it was certainly a lot) of their clubs were against it.

Now that's happened, they're worried about an endless pot of Saudi money coming in and then there are two clubs taking the financial piss (or 3 if you include Chelsea) - and want to draw a line in the sand now before it really starts with Newcastle.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 15 Feb 2023 22:19

Didn’t there used to be an Arsenal thread?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 15 Feb 2023 22:20

Just like they used to be top of the League and out of sight

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2023 05:24

Won their last 11 league games against the gunners, it`s fair to say they,ve got one over them at the moment

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Feb 2023 07:09

Repeating myself but it’s been clear this season that the way to unsettle Arsenal (and City for that matter) is to get right in their faces and never let up.

City did it well last night and showed a bit of their darker side.

Arsenal’s defensive errors and Partey’s absence were clearly key but I’m thinking it was the respective strikers who really made the difference. Haaland was right on it, whereas Nketiah could / should have scored a hat trick but got none. Swap the strikers and it might have been a reverse scoreline.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 Feb 2023 08:52

Jesus getting injured at the world cup has seriously weakened Arsenal, especially against the better teams.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Feb 2023 11:40

Royal Rother Repeating myself but it’s been clear this season that the way to unsettle Arsenal (and City for that matter) is to get right in their faces and never let up.

City did it well last night and showed a bit of their darker side.

Arsenal’s defensive errors and Partey’s absence were clearly key but I’m thinking it was the respective strikers who really made the difference. Haaland was right on it, whereas Nketiah could / should have scored a hat trick but got none. Swap the strikers and it might have been a reverse scoreline.

I thought Arsenal huffed and puffed and were very fortunate to get that penalty after the player had already shot.

I was neutral about the game but McCoist and Tyldesley were commentating for Arsenal TV, they were so one-sided in the way they looked at things, i.e. nearly always from an Arsenal perspective but Man City meanwhile just scored goals!!

We know there is a fine line between diving and buying a tackle and last night we had two of the best exponents in Grealish and Saka where incidentally neither has more than one foot.
Whenever I see Saka he gets kicked, goes over, the trainer comes on and he is fine again for the rest of the game.
A very able player, even if he never goes on the outside and uses his right foot, but my word he is a softie.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 Feb 2023 13:05

South Coast Royal I was neutral about the game but McCoist and Tyldesley were commentating for Arsenal TV, they were so one-sided in the way they looked at things

Tyldesley always shows bias towards whichever side he thinks is in the ascendancy at that moment in time.

801 posts