by BR0B0T » 07 Feb 2021 22:52

TAA is proper :| at defending!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by URZZZZ » 07 Feb 2021 23:09

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ Klopp deserves every bit of criticism thrown at him unfortunately

To continuously start your best CM’s at CB to no avail, especially when you now have CB’s to choose from, is unforgivable. To beat City, you need to win the midfield battle, and aside from the first 30 minutes, they didn’t get close to them

Thiago is clearly a decent footballer but not sure why he’s in the Liverpool side who based all their successes last year in a way completely redundant to how Thiago plays. Waste of a jersey at the moment, even if he isn’t actually playing too badly. Milner was awful once he came on, and Wijnaldum certainly shouldn’t be playing at the base of the midfield. To his credit, Jones did well today but still not sure what he offers

City today showed the perfect balance in midfield, with Rodri sitting as a defensive midfielder and Gundogan/Silva playing further forward, contributing with goals and assists. None of Liverpool’s midfielders do any of that at the moment. They’re a shambles there at the moment and at this rate, until Klopp changes it, they won’t get in the top 4

Obviously Allison will be the main talking point but they rarely looked like scoring before/after that anyway

We have both been making this point for many weeks now and I expect for upcoming games we will see both Henderson and Fabinho back in their proper positions making the side so much more physical in that area, winning possession more and releasing the front men quicker.
If it makes the defence weaker then so be it but Liverpool need to play to their best assets and they are the front three.

A game that Liverpool might have drawn but a draw is no good if you are going for the title and I feel that they should have taken the game to City from the off rather than play the cagey type of game-true it meant that City had no shots on target in that first half but true also that Liverpool only created 2 real chances in that period.

So City will now cruise on to the title as the so-called challengers are way behind in quality and are just playing for Champs League places.

At least the destiny of this season's title wasn't decided until February when last season it was all over by Christmas.

The problem is we keep saying that Fabinho and Henderson will return to their normal positions but it never happens!

I don’t actually think they’re playing poorly at CB either, it’s just how much it weakens their midfield

It’s harsh to target Thiago but the win percentage for Liverpool since his return from injury is alarmingly low

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Feb 2021 23:25

Royal Rother
URZZZZ
Stranded ALOLisson must have signed for City at half time.

To make the exact same cock up twice in 5 mins is pretty special.

Wonder if Rother thinks Liverpool’s football is “exciting” at the moment

Getting more and more bemused as to why footballers pass it out the back at all costs, even when there’s no where to pass it

What ever happened to just clearing your lines? Or is that seen as anti-football now?

Not sure why my name up there but Liverpool are not the team they were in the last few years. When “on it” they are brilliant to watch.

Thoughts with Victor.

There’s a lot of talk about defensive football being “dull”, “dinosaur style” etc etc with regards to managers such as Mourinho, which I do get to an extent (mind you, he isn’t the only one), which you argued strongly for, saying Spurs needs to be playing “exciting football”

What do you think constitutes exciting football? And how many teams do you think play an “exciting style”? From where I’m standing, so many teams in the PL just pass it from side to side, and back to the GK etc etc - is that really how football should be played?

Just came to my attention when Alisson decided to try and go short three times in about five minutes (two leading to goals) when there was no option to go short. Why are players so reluctant to go long?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 Feb 2021 08:39

not a great Liverpool fan, with their Southern gloryboy "fans" (although I do like Salah and Klopp), but I cannot say I am happy to see moneybags, personalityless City power ahead.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Feb 2021 09:12

URZZZZ
It’s harsh to target Thiago but the win percentage for Liverpool since his return from injury is alarmingly low

I do think it comes down to who he is partnered with. Thiago is the anchor at the moment - his passing and movement is better than that, but he is playing Fabinho's role (and struggling with it, he keeps collecting early bookings).

Wonder what Alisson thinks of Klopp's comments that 'I told him we have stands here', as in 'just boot it out' - that's not maybe fair when this way of passing it out from the back is so ingrained at Liverpool.

They clearly aren't the team that they were - and there's no doubt about the ultimate impact that their defensive injuries have had on the side. They can come again, not least just when Van Dijk and Gomez are back, and I wouldn't rule them out of the CL just yet. But they'll need to refresh the squad in the summer. It isn't FSG's way, but if a Mbappe or Haaland is in anyway feasible it would elevate this squad to contenders again.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Feb 2021 19:19

From what I can see, the problem at Liverpool isn't Klopp, they just look completely shot. Can't see what sacking him would achieve and I don't think the board would be considering it anyway.

Secure top 4, get a decent pre season in and I think they'll be OK.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 09 Feb 2021 20:18

There's no way in hell they will sack klopp

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Feb 2021 20:53

Simmops There's no way in hell they will sack klopp

2 wins in the last seven games. Beaten by Burnley and Brighton

The writing is on the wall. Do you see?!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Feb 2021 20:21

Could do with Liverpool taking some points off our closest rival tomorrow

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Feb 2021 14:13

Tic Klopp!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2021 14:13

Lol.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Feb 2021 14:18

Oh my :lol:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Feb 2021 14:19

they could be down to 9th if the teams below win their game(s) in hand!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Feb 2021 14:20

The Crappening!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Feb 2021 14:20

Winston Biscuit Oh my :lol:

What’s happened to Allison ?
He looks a shadow of his former self, then produces a miracle save, followed by a massive gaffe again

When did Liverpool sign David De Gea ?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Feb 2021 14:21

The race for the Europa League looking interesting

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Feb 2021 14:27

Word on the grapevine says the board are losing patience and Klopp's will walk?!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Feb 2021 14:32

Simmops Word on the grapevine says the board are losing patience and Klopp's will walk?!

Unless he was denied funds to solve his centre back problem, I don’t see that

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Feb 2021 14:42

Performance wasn’t bad today but as stated for the last two months, the balance in midfield is just all wrong. Reminds me of when we played Swift and Kelly in midfield, it just doesn’t work and unfortunately the pressure is growing on Thiago who gives away too many fouls and lost possession too many times today

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Feb 2021 21:31

Very quiet on this thread for some reason?!

8682 posts