CeLOLtic

792 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CeLOLtic

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Aug 2009 21:33

Gus the teenage cow
FiNeRaIn LOL@ booing a scottish pipe band and singing the soldiers song-- despicable club.

huh, why is that despicable, celtic is a club formed by irish immigrants, that song isn't offensive to anybody unlike the famine song, rangers is the club of hate not celtic (rangers only revoked their ban on allowing a specific religion playing for their team in souness era?)

anyway don't really feel like entering this debate, believe what you want and scour the net looking for anti-celtic stuff all you want,

LOL this was posted in " the scotsman" one of the biggest sources up there, timmy can't deny this one im afraid.

We've all tried to leave this argument, but you keep doing something to keep it going.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 13 Aug 2009 21:38

Anyway, aren't Hibs the original Irish team in Scotland?

Celtic fans really feck me off (Sorry FR, but Rangers aren't far of either). We're past all this hatred and idiotic faux history shirley?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 13 Aug 2009 22:52

I'd take Al-Qaeda religious hatred a bit more seriously if they had their own football team

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 14 Aug 2009 09:16

FiNeRaIn
Gus the teenage cow
FiNeRaIn LOL@ booing a scottish pipe band and singing the soldiers song-- despicable club.

huh, why is that despicable, celtic is a club formed by irish immigrants, that song isn't offensive to anybody unlike the famine song, rangers is the club of hate not celtic (rangers only revoked their ban on allowing a specific religion playing for their team in souness era?)

anyway don't really feel like entering this debate, believe what you want and scour the net looking for anti-celtic stuff all you want,

LOL this was posted in " the scotsman" one of the biggest sources up there, timmy can't deny this one im afraid.

We've all tried to leave this argument, but you keep doing something to keep it going.

Do this by PM guys, it's really f*cking dull.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 14 Aug 2009 09:21

LOL @ Scotland.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Aug 2009 14:42

Badger Finger Anyway, aren't Hibs the original Irish team in Scotland?

Celtic fans really feck me off (Sorry FR, but Rangers aren't far of either). We're past all this hatred and idiotic faux history shirley?

we're past histroy??????

an interesting thought

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 14 Aug 2009 23:18

Gus the teenage cow <snip>rangers is the club of hate not celtic <snip>

where do these fit in the celtic "anti hate" repertoire?

"oo ahh up the ra" and other songs glorifing terrorists, terrorists that planted 2 bombs in reading station, the 2nd timed to go off after the first targetting ambulance and police that arrived to tend to the victims of the first bomb

"I hope you die in your sleep Nacho Novo,
I hope you die in your sleep I pray,
I hope you die in your sleep Nacho Novo,
With a bullet from the IRA"

a yes its just the craic, rangers are the club of hate not celtic?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Aug 2009 23:22

I'll take your Nacho Novo and raise you a chicken supper Bobby Sands??!!

Seriously, this could go on for hours!!

Let's just say there are two sides to the story and I do not think either could claim the moral high ground.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 14 Aug 2009 23:24

as for "offensive songs" gus, did you sing "out robbing houses, you should be out robbing houses" or "eating rats in your council house" at the scousers when reading were playing them

how about "we hate swindon so we stab them"

football is full of offensive songs, sung by every club up and down the country

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Aug 2009 01:03

weybridgewanderer as for "offensive songs" gus, did you sing "out robbing houses, you should be out robbing houses" or "eating rats in your council house" at the scousers when reading were playing them

yeah that's the same as singing songs about people dying in a famine - you c*ck

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Aug 2009 08:04

You're the cock- rangers don't sing about anyone dying.

The message is clear- if you love Ireland so much...go back there. The famies over so there is no reason to stay. Glasgow took in thousands of them and how are they repayed? Songs about " fck the queen" and " up the ra"- The IRA, the very people trying to kill brits and the british army.
If you hate britain then fvck off out of it.

Reading fans are singing about stabbing swindon fans- thats murder isn't it?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 12:48

FiNeRaIn You're the cock- rangers don't sing about anyone dying.

Not true. I stood there at Obrox against Celtic in 97 when visiting family and they were more than vile towards Celtic. Any form of respect goes out the window between those two. You, if you're a genuine Rangers fan that goes to games rather than watches the telly, should know that. There were a number of songs mocking the dead, and that was from both sets of fans. Both wanting the other to snap first. Funnilly enough it was Rangers that cracked, and they were giving it the most. :roll:

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 16 Aug 2009 20:48

If Jay has been to an Old Firm game and think he knows it all, then i'm a oxf*rd catholic

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 21:08

AndyRFC If Jay has been to an Old Firm game and think he knows it all, then i'm a oxf*rd catholic

Knows it all? Who claimed that then? One game used as an example for FineRain who claims Rangers NEVER sing anything vile like that back at Celtic.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 16 Aug 2009 21:13

Mods, please lock this tiresome thread

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 16 Aug 2009 21:27

Hmmmmm.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 16 Aug 2009 21:55

leon
weybridgewanderer as for "offensive songs" gus, did you sing "out robbing houses, you should be out robbing houses" or "eating rats in your council house" at the scousers when reading were playing them

yeah that's the same as singing songs about people dying in a famine - you c*ck

If we want to develop you rarguement that it refers to people dieing, will we look at the Engalnd fans repertoire?

10 german bombers and others... is that about millions of people dieing in the world wars?

How about Scotland fans .. flower of scotland... Prince Edwards Army home to think again, again is this celebrating the deaths of hundreds of english soldiers?

My view is rangers fans don't sing about people dying

They inform the people that enjoy all things ireland and prefer it to scotland that the famine is over and they are welcome to go back there.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Aug 2009 00:08

Mr Optimist I'll take your Nacho Novo and raise you a chicken supper

Mr Cod > KFC > a plate of Wetherspoons Nachos.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Aug 2009 11:02

Mr Optimist Let's just say there are two sides to the story and I do not think either could claim the moral high ground.

^^^^

Even with a big preference for Rangers, and a liking for laughing at any Celtic demise, this comment pretty much hits the nail on the head, and I fail to understand why people on both sides can't see it even through their own warped glasses.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 17 Aug 2009 11:28

handbags_harris
Mr Optimist Let's just say there are two sides to the story and I do not think either could claim the moral high ground.

^^^^

Even with a big preference for Rangers, and a liking for laughing at any Celtic demise, this comment pretty much hits the nail on the head, and I fail to understand why people on both sides can't see it even through their own warped glasses.

He started it, sir....

792 posts