EngLOLand - The Backlash!

324 posts
royal tee

Re: EngLOLand - The Backlash!

by royal tee » 27 Jun 2010 20:58

Schards#2
royal tee
Schards#2 England have been on the wrong end of the two worst refereeing decisions in the history of the tournament.

LOL - does that include the one that gifted you the cup in....sorry can't remember the year

or how about Shumacher vs Battiston

:roll:

The 1966 decision is one that, even today, is debated as to whether it is right or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySUM0ZERdA4

Please feel free to debate - I'm all ears

and lol at possibly arguing that giving a goal kick for this is not the worst refereeing decision of all time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSfMSUSVPI

and double lol - "If you can your prejudice aside for a moment <sic>". Why not practice what you preach huh ?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 27 Jun 2010 21:02

boycey

The "golden" generation have had their chances.
I dont know the answer but then again I'm not paid 5 million pounds to work it out.

The answer is not to slash and burn 'the golden generation' but to play them in a formation that suits their style, plays to their strengths. In the positions they play for their clubs would be a start.

Show me an England team in a 4-4-1-1, with Gerrard behind Rooney, Lampard the attacking midfielder of four, with Barry the linchpin, and two genuine wingers either side of him, and I'll show you a team that can win major games, or at the very least compete and look like Premier League footballers. Or perhaps more importantly, show me a team with a fluid formation that can adapt to their opponents style or the game situation.

It's the sheer stubborn-mindedness of Capello as to what works and what doesn't that has got to me. Persisting with Gerrard on the left when he is a brilliant central, attacking midfielder (irrespective of his performances in that position in qualifying); giving Crouch barely any game time when he has a very good scoring record, and persisting with Heskey because he can get in the way a bit; leaving Darren Bent at home so he could include both Heskey and Crouch (essentially the same player) in the squad; taking 320 centre-backs but no reserve right-back; opening with a keeper who has had a wretched 2009-10 season for his club; expecting Lampard to have an impact without the freedom to bomb forward; leaving a genuine winger at home in Ashley Young so he could include an unfit Joe Cole; picking Jamie Carragher at all; I could go on, the list is endless. We have been absolutely appalling in South Africa.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jun 2010 21:16

Darren Bent is not and never has been an international player he's looked lost every time he's been given a chance. Again I will say Capello tried different formations early on and quickly realised they didn't work. The England players will never be able to play for their country the way they do for their clubs because they do not play with the same quality of players.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 27 Jun 2010 21:28

if you want an england world cup final win remember to vote labour. only they deliver to date.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Jun 2010 21:28

Schards#2
royal tee
Schards#2 England have been on the wrong end of the two worst refereeing decisions in the history of the tournament.

LOL - does that include the one that gifted you the cup in....sorry can't remember the year

The 1966 decision is one that, even today, is debated as to whether it is right or not,

It's been proven conclusively that the 1966 one didn't go in. It's not even that close. Only the most blinkered of england fans would say there's still doubt about it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2010 21:32

...on the brightside

the chap that "bought a million vuvuzelas at a pound each, and was selling them in the UK for a tenna each....shifting them at the rate of a thousand per minute"

is in hiding now

boycey

by boycey » 27 Jun 2010 21:38

cmonurz
boycey

The "golden" generation have had their chances.
I dont know the answer but then again I'm not paid 5 million pounds to work it out.

The answer is not to slash and burn 'the golden generation' but to play them in a formation that suits their style, plays to their strengths. In the positions they play for their clubs would be a start.

Show me an England team in a 4-4-1-1, with Gerrard behind Rooney, Lampard the attacking midfielder of four, with Barry the linchpin, and two genuine wingers either side of him, and I'll show you a team that can win major games, or at the very least compete and look like Premier League footballers. Or perhaps more importantly, show me a team with a fluid formation that can adapt to their opponents style or the game situation.

It's the sheer stubborn-mindedness of Capello as to what works and what doesn't that has got to me. Persisting with Gerrard on the left when he is a brilliant central, attacking midfielder (irrespective of his performances in that position in qualifying); giving Crouch barely any game time when he has a very good scoring record, and persisting with Heskey because he can get in the way a bit; leaving Darren Bent at home so he could include both Heskey and Crouch (essentially the same player) in the squad; taking 320 centre-backs but no reserve right-back; opening with a keeper who has had a wretched 2009-10 season for his club; expecting Lampard to have an impact without the freedom to bomb forward; leaving a genuine winger at home in Ashley Young so he could include an unfit Joe Cole; picking Jamie Carragher at all; I could go on, the list is endless. We have been absolutely appalling in South Africa.

but do they REALLY want to play for England?
they have missed a good month they could have spent on yachts/beaches in Marbella.
Where was the fightig spirit?
these players are supposedly more gifted technically, but would the likes of Ince,Pearce,Shearer,Adams,Butcher etc... have gone out with such a wimper today?

Playing for England is the pinnacle of any players career. NOT the champions league.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 27 Jun 2010 21:40

Rev Algenon Stickleback H It's been proven conclusively that the 1966 one didn't go in. It's not even that close. Only the most blinkered of england fans would say there's still doubt about it.

Indeed - so perhaps what ought to have been written was "England have been on the wrong end of the two worst refereeing decisions in the history of the tournament which involved England being on the wrong end of poor decisions", and who could disagree with that?

royal tee

by royal tee » 27 Jun 2010 21:45

Rev Algenon Stickleback H It's been proven conclusively that the 1966 one didn't go in. It's not even that close. Only the most blinkered of england fans would say there's still doubt about it.

Schards after reading the Rev's post

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 27 Jun 2010 21:46

Barry the bird boggler Can I suggest a fan boycott of the pointless friendly with Hungary in August as a start of the backlash.....

Would absolutely love to see this, fantastic idea! A sea of empty seats to welcome the team back to Wembly would hit the FA where it hurts (£££) and hopefully make them sit up and take notice.

royal tee

by royal tee » 27 Jun 2010 21:47

royal tee

and on the other computer.....

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Jun 2010 21:50

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Schards#2
royal tee LOL - does that include the one that gifted you the cup in....sorry can't remember the year

The 1966 decision is one that, even today, is debated as to whether it is right or not,

It's been proven conclusively that the 1966 one didn't go in. It's not even that close. Only the most blinkered of england fans would say there's still doubt about it.

Is it or is it not a closer decision than Lampard's? If it is (and it clearly is) then it is not a worse decision than Lampard's. As Maradona's decicion is worse than both of them, the point stands.

For all but the most blinkered

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Jun 2010 21:55

royal tee

Fuck me, just noticed that.

That's seriously sad.

:lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Jun 2010 21:57

Disappointing for such a football-obsessed nation that the millionaires representing us proved such a bunch of dead-beats again, but at least we are spared the galling spectre of such reprehensible individuals as the likes John Terry, Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney being made knights of the realm. Instead, they come home as losers to face a massive national backlash. It really is hard not to slightly enjoy a team of anti-social, bullying, perfidious, spoiled poseurs get their come-uppance.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 27 Jun 2010 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2010 21:57

At this level (the pinnacle of this so-called world stage), the world has seen that England DID score that second goal, the world also saw Henry HANDBALL France into the finals.

The World (and the commonsensical man) may want change, but Blatter and his cronies are above all of that

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2010 21:59

sorry....wrong thread

but if something is worth saying.....an' all that.....................

Magnus

by Magnus » 27 Jun 2010 22:00

To moan about that goal is to forget that we got beat by 3 clear goals.

royal tee

by royal tee » 27 Jun 2010 22:05

Schards#2
royal tee

Fuck me, just noticed that.

That's seriously sad.

:lol:

But as you have so eloquently proved with your frimmers like moving of the goalposts its even sadder that it is true

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2010 22:06

Magnus To moan about that goal is to forget that we got beat by 3 clear goals.
brilliantly speaking the obvious (in an HNA fashion) there

But what has that got to do with the goal that wasn't Mags?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Jun 2010 22:12

They're talking about Coppell being England manager on the radio!

324 posts