LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8674 posts
Anfield Kopite

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Anfield Kopite » 03 Mar 2013 19:19

AthleticoSpizz lol

Ideal made the headlines on Hobnob once, for his thread that was featured in the local press down here.

Hard to take him serious for anything after that.

Tell me more Spizz. He has some very odd views.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Mar 2013 19:22

sandman :|

No trophies

Thankfully the quality of football writing in this country exceeds the tiny capacity of your brain cell.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2013 19:29

Royal Rother No, just a statement of fact.

Look at the young talent he has blooded, ALL of whom have done well. Look at how he has turned Henderson into a player again. Look at how he's brought Sturridge in and immediately made him look twice the player.

Face it, Rodgers >>> McDermott.

For all but when he was our manager, absolutely.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 20:07

Anfield Kopite
AthleticoSpizz lol

Ideal made the headlines on Hobnob once, for his thread that was featured in the local press down here.

ask him yourself mate but basically,

He publically cried because his girlie dumped him....the Hobnob family rallied round (giving him many shoulders to cry on), the local pree took the p1ss out of all involved............HNA went into meltdown in anger.

Ideal was such a nice boy back then :lol:

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 03 Mar 2013 20:24

AthleticoSpizz
Anfield Kopite
AthleticoSpizz lol

ask him yourself mate but basically,

He publically cried because his girlie dumped him....the Hobnob family rallied round (giving him many shoulders to cry on), the local pree took the p1ss out of all involved............HNA went into meltdown in anger.

Ideal was such a nice boy back then :lol:

:lol:

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 04 Mar 2013 18:58

Liverpool's debt increases by £21.8m to a total of £87.2m in the last year.

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=2286/title=liverpool+post+%25A321.8m+increase+in+net+debt

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Mar 2013 01:01

Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McDermott, the end.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 10 Mar 2013 10:01

Alexander Litvinenko Liverpool's debt increases by £21.8m to a total of £87.2m in the last year.

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=2286/title=liverpool+post+%25A321.8m+increase+in+net+debt

Most of that will be swallowed up with Suarez's move to Real Madrid. With Gerard entering his twilight years it will be an interesting couple of seasons ahead for Rodgers.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Mar 2013 12:11

Sanguine

No trophies

Thankfully the quality of football writing in this country exceeds the tiny capacity of your brain cell.

Bitchy.

They won a trophy and reached a final last season with a manager who hadn't managed a Premier League team since 1998. Yet this season despite having one of the top 3 players in the league they've won nothing. Even if you accept they are in a transitional period they've performed poorly this season.

Oh I forgot, Rodgers is a visionary who invented passing football.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Mar 2013 14:45

I think to expect any team 'in transition' to win a trophy is setting a pretty high bar, in that sense Liverpool over-achieved last season, they certainly didn't have the personnel on paper to challenge for honours (Suarez couldn't hit a barn door then).

Most Liverpool fans are happy with life with Rodgers. Football is about small margins - that Liverpool have had more shots than anyone this season, and iirc are up there on the tackle count too, suggests that in pure footballing terms they are getting there, even if now they need to get more efficient with it. Rodgers has moved them forward, the fans can see that, even if he hasn't delivered them a trophy.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Mar 2013 16:33

Great football going on right now.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Mar 2013 18:12

sandman
Sanguine

No trophies

Bitchy.

They won a trophy and reached a final last season with a manager who hadn't managed a Premier League team since 1998. Yet this season despite having one of the top 3 players in the league they've won nothing. Even if you accept they are in a transitional period they've performed poorly this season.

Oh I forgot, Rodgers is a visionary who invented passing football.

Looking likely to finish at least 2 league places better off than last year while playing a more attractive style of football and building an exciting young team which will only improve as the years pass.

Hardly a poor transitional period!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Mar 2013 19:42

Where is Ideal?
Even he will believe that Liverpool can't now be relegated?
If only he had put his money where his big mouth was.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 10 Mar 2013 20:07

Cracking game today. 2 sides in good form going at each other. Spurs can feel very hard done by to come away with no points because i think they shaded it. On the other hand we were the better team earlier in the season at the lane and lost 2 - 1. 9 points from our last three league games and its ages since ive been able to post that and it feels very good. Up to 6th and above our mersey neighbours also feels good. 6th is not bad for a mid table side which people have called us all season. I predicted 8th for us at the start of the season so im happy with the way its going at the minute.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2013 14:44

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Mar 2013 15:15

Player who couldn't get a game under a certain manager because he refused to adapt his position doesn't like that manager shocker?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Mar 2013 16:29

For some reason you only mentioned Brendan but not Sahin's quote of "To play in the red jersey and be in Anfield is something marvellous".
Selective posting.

philM

by philM » 14 Mar 2013 19:14

Sanguine Player who couldn't get a game under a certain manager because he refused to adapt his position doesn't like that manager shocker?

"I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position. The boss could not answer me"

Isn't it because a certain manager couldn't explain to him why he was being played out of position?

I guess we'll never know.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Mar 2013 19:30

philM
Sanguine Player who couldn't get a game under a certain manager because he refused to adapt his position doesn't like that manager shocker?

"I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position. The boss could not answer me"

Isn't it because a certain manager couldn't explain to him why he was being played out of position?

I guess we'll never know.

I guess we never will.

When Sturridge came in, Suarez was asked to play differently. In a couple of interviews, Suarez has spoken enthusiastically about learning a new role, different skills etc. Sounds like Sahin came to the club as a Real Madrid bigshot and didn't like it when Rodgers tried to use him a bit differently. They haven't exactly missed him since he left.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2013 23:31

Better than "the Welsh Xavi" tbf.

8674 posts